• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Can I Buy Pokemon Diamond

empoleon dynamite

Reaction score
about 2 months ago when i was moving some stuff around my bedroom and i found my old gameboy advance sp. in about ten minutes, i was playing on pokemon ruby like i did 3 years ago. i realy enjoyed playing again, since i havent been on it since i was 12.

about a month later my pokemon were in there 70's and i joined the forums to get more advice on how to get a power house team.

at the moment my pokemon are lv 100's and there isnt much to do on the game. I was considering buying a nintendo ds and pokemon diamond. my friends and perants however thinks its just a kids game and dont know about how much ive been playing on it.

the problem is i realy want to start battling with my pokemon online but dont want my perants to know i play.

what can i do!?!?!?!?

errr.. get it...

I know more people that are in their mid 20's that play this game then people that are 'kids'... so I think that should say enough about it being a kids game.

Learn about EV traing, IV breeding, and all the different strategies there are in the world of competitive battling, then show your parents. If they still think that this is a kids game, then fine.

I'm 24 years old, and I'm not a "Pokémon fan"; that is to say, I hadn't played a Pokémon game at all for the past ten years or so until a couple of months ago, I don't watch the anime, I don't collect the toys, I don't read Pokémon manga or write fanfics, et cetera.

In short, I'm an adult with adult tastes in gaming, and I started playing (and loving) Pokémon again purely because it's an excellent game series. First I bought Diamond, then I bought LeafGreen and FireRed, then Emerald, Pearl, and a brand-new DS so that I can do trade evolutions, have easy access to both Dialga and Palkia, clear the rocks out of my base, and so on.

Kids' game? Yeah, that's who it's designed for. But it's by no means dumbed down, oversimplified, or anything of that sort.

How old ARE you? If you're old enough to choose what you spend your own money on, then spend it on what you want and be done with it. -_- If your parents still dictate what to spend your money on, you're sunk until you're more independent. Don't try and sneak around behind your parents' backs either. If you do, you'll just reinforce to them the view that Pokemon is something taboo for older players. If they see you playing it and question you about it, tell them that it's a fun game, is marketed for all ages, and they should be glad you're not into games that promote decapitation of human bodies and whatnot. :3

What? If I were a parent, that kind of logic would work on me. xD

Until they make Grand Theft Pokemon: Saffron City.

Anyway, take it from me. I am 28. I buy whatever games I want. I bought Pokemon. Friends and family don't care. I even bought the Transformers DS game. And that's going even further back into childhood memories of days gone by.

So, don't let them dictate what you can and can't by. Remind them that you aren't buying drugs or anything. Also, don't bother worrying about what people think. Worry about yourself.

Go out. Buy the game. And forget about it!

LX

Anyway, take it from me. I am 28. I buy whatever games I want. I bought Pokemon. Friends and family don't care. I even bought the Transformers DS game. And that's going even further back into childhood memories of days gone by.

So, don't let them dictate what you can and can't by. Remind them that you aren't buying drugs or anything. Also, don't bother worrying about what people think. Worry about yourself.

Go out. Buy the game. And forget about it!

LX

Remember son, if you kill those Prostichus you can get your money back.

No clue how old you are, but if you're old enough (I think for the whole country, that you can be 16 and work, some places its 15, even 14), then get a job. Or maybe you could buy it online via ebay. Or if you get allowance, save that up until you can pay for it. And I agree with everyone else on here, tell them it's better that you like Pokemon instead of torment mass serial killer games.

LX

XD Now THERE'S an idea.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom