• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How can lvl 5 pokemon be dangerous

None of the wild pokemon around the player's hometown are the kind that would gang up on person and Professor Birch thought the Pochyena/Zigzagoon was a higher level than it really was that or tried avoiding kicking because it could bring attention of it's parents.

And you know this... how?

Also, Birch had a problem with kicking the Pocheyna but doesn't mind telling you to pick a Pokemon and scratch/tackle/pound said Pocheyna to death? Yeah... right...

Give the kid a shotgun.

He is fine now till they reach level 20.

Remember what happens when you give a mouse a cookie.
No, just give them an elephant gun and they'll be fine till the mons reach level 50

The only danger I can think of is getting an eye pecked out or getting rabies from the hordes of rodents, beavers, and little puppy dogs. Besides, it says "wild Rattata appeared", not wild "Rattata jumped on you and started ripping off your face". And have you noticed that its not like Dragon Quest: they only attack after you tell your mon to attack them. And Birch, he's just... well... Birch. Maybe he was stupid enough to eat an extra rare Tauros steak before going on his research "expedition" ten yards the town or something.

Also, by the time you beat 10, your starter is pushing level 10, and OHKO's anything with scratch/tackle/pound or their new STAB attack.

I still think Pokemon are dangerous. Of course they can't kill you and stuff, but I'd say a Rattata's bite would be VERY painful, at least. One thing is to be surrounded of the buggers alone and other with something stronger protecting you.

Like, in HGSS, your rival's dad apparently gets tackled by a pokemon, probably a random Sentret or something that lives near, and his back hurt quite badly.

Of course, it the end it deppends on your personal vision of the games. So it's not like going "its just gameplay logic" or "they kill you" are wrong.

You're 10 when you start off. I know I wouldn't trust a 10 year old around a 1 foot rat with 2 inch fangs.

In my opinion things things don't get life threatening for a 10 year old until they reach the first dungeon which can either be a forest (Virdian Forest) or cave (Dark Cave) largely because those places are where you expect to find pokemon that are dangerous because either they can swarm on you (zubats), relatively they can be dangerous even if they don't directly appear (Bedrills.

Maybe single pokémon are not dangerous to a healthy and fit adult but they can be dangerous in large groups.

Parents don't let their children near wild animals, why should Pokémon be any different?

Would a mom send her child unprotected to an alleyway filled with stray cats, or to a park infested with squirrels? Would one send her kid to a route filled with stray dogs, or rats, or hyenas?

Anything can be dangerous for a person, no matter what the age. Being 10 or 14 or 30 does not change your chances of being attacked by a wild [something].

Your talking about the game, in the anime, who knows which Pokemon is in the grass. There could be a strong Pokemon or Pokemon that is not in the area in the game. Remember in the first 2 BW episodes, Deerling was in the episode, but they are not in the game until route 6.

Lv 5 and lower leved pokemon can be dangerous with the right moves.

See it like this: You're a defendless human battling a montser with powers. The monster will surely win, no mater how strong and weak it is.

Belive or not I think Real Life rats can do that if given enough time as rodents must constantly gnaw their front teeth down so they will bite on things that will wear their teeth

Sentrets and Patrats.

They see you from miles off.

They call in reinforcements from Route 16.

Goodbye, Player.

Note that later in the game that the player has to face an extremely powerful legendary when they are TEN YEARS OLD.Seriously,a 10 year old kid + Mewtwo is NOT a good combonation.

People seam to overestimate the abilities of regular pokemon. Sentrets behave like prairie dogs giving warning so that the others can run away or hide, not to attack

Maybe children are Lv.0.00001? XD
I think that even Lv.2 Pokemon could be dangerous. We don't know how human is powerful in the Pokemon World.

Sheesh. I understand the other games, because you're a kid, but in Black/White, aren't you supposed to be like 14? I think that's old enough to deal with wild puppy dogs.
Actually, no. There was a rumor going around during the pre-release months about that being the case, but I think that was only because the artwork for the player characters made them look a little bit more mature then in past generations, (Especially the female) but if I remember correctly, dialogue at the very beginning of BW implies that they're still only 10.

Because it's a parent worrying about their child. Think about it - as a ten-to-twelve year old child, you might not have any problems about investigating the relatively harmless rats in the basement or the snakes in the backyard, but your parents and elders certainly will. People are just erring on the side of caution.

Also, make note that low-level Pokémon are perfectly capable of being dangerous to humans - just less so than trained Pokémon or those found further out in the wild.

When I was ten I could trash the crap out of someone that was 15 so I think now I'm sixteen I could handle a lvl 6 Lillipup. And, always remember this:

images

EDIT:
And this of course (same episode, whatever):
220px-Jessie_spitting_fire.png

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom