• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How can lvl 5 pokemon be dangerous

Lv 5 and lower leved pokemon can be dangerous with the right moves.

See it like this: You're a defendless human battling a montser with powers. The monster will surely win, no mater how strong and weak it is.

This. They're weak compared to other pokemon but they still have ways to defend themselves, Lillipups can still bite and a Pidove can still fly and attack you with its claws, any if they're terrified of you like a wild pokemon or animal would be, the adrenaline would pump them up to be a scary foe regardless.

If you corner a rat or a stray dog it's still going to be dangerous regardless of it being small or young.

At the end of the day, pokemon and people are different. Pokemon have defence and special defence stats and these are likely relevant to toughness of skin and something else (perhaps just a different kind of toughness). Let us not forget that human skin is much less durable than that of many animals. Cats, for example, will bite and 'claw' even during playing. This sort of rough-housing might actually harm a person, leaving scratches or small puncture marks.

Imagine that you, the player, walk into the tall grass and encounter a lillipup. Your starter pokemon likely has a much higher defense stat than you (your skin being smooth and relatively delicate), so only takes minor damage from a bite. You, however, might actually start bleeding or get a concussion that can't be healed at a pokemon center.

Even when you have a pokemon, you can't always run away from a wild pokemon. This makes it rather ambiguous as to whether or not the pokemon would chase a PERSON. I would say it's likely that if you can't always run away from a wild battle, even when it hasn't started yet, this means that pokemon are sometimes aggressive. (Well, obviously it's because their speed stat is higher, I think. On the other hand why would it matter if they aren't aggressive?)

More importantly, is it explicitly stated that adults go into the tall grass without pokemon (like the mothers and such)? If so, it might just be that they're erring on the side of caution and pokemon don't really attack 'people' very much. If not, perhaps pokemon really WILL attack people.

Well, considering how your room in B/W was easily trashed by lv 5 Pokemon, maybe they have a point...

Just think about weak Pokemon like Weedle. Then think about how getting poisoned can affect your Pokemon, and how much harder it might be to cure a person of it (I'm pretty sure Pokemon Centers don't treat people).

You clearly haven't seen the video of somebody raping Cynthia's team with a team of level ones.

Lv 5 and lower leved pokemon can be dangerous with the right moves.

See it like this: You're a defendless human battling a montser with powers. The monster will surely win, no mater how strong and weak it is.

Hey, isn't that the FEAR strategy? Talk about a lethal joke character! :XD:

Well, considering how your room in B/W was easily trashed by lv 5 Pokemon, maybe they have a point...

And don't forget that the mother took a while to clean the mess up. The starter pokes must've been really strong to pull off a mess like that...

-----------------------

To answer the question, any pokemon can be dangerous to a human. I mean, if little falls or rough surfaces can crack/scrape/damage our bodies, imagine what a peck or a scratch can do....

Or a Pokemon with Stun Spore. It could paralyze you, and then you'd be helpless, until the other Pokemon came to...
I just scared myself.

Considering you're only 10 and you come across a bird that can rip your face in half....
....I'd be scared too

I thought if this Level 5 Pokemon has both Prankster and Destiny Bond, I will definitely stay away from them! Your Pokemon fainting in the sight of them is a scary thought, compared to the one with Endeavour or even Sturdy (or both)!

Thanks for reading.

Parents don't let their children near wild animals, why should Pokémon be any different?

Would a mom send her child unprotected to an alleyway filled with stray cats, or to a park infested with squirrels? Would one send her kid to a route filled with stray dogs, or rats, or hyenas?

Anything can be dangerous for a person, no matter what the age. Being 10 or 14 or 30 does not change your chances of being attacked by a wild [something].
This. Even a toy Poodle can bite you if it feels threatened. It may not do a lot of damage but it can hurt like crazy.

Case in point: I gotten bitten at the age of three by my father's Chihuahua. It didn't do a lot of damage (I got a small tear on the top of my foot) but it hurt like all get-out. And to this day, I still avoid Chihuahuas like the plague. It didn't look dangerous at all, but that dog did hurt me.

Now imagine getting bitten by a larger, and much more frightened wild rat.

Yeah. That would seriously hurt. I'd like to have a few 'Mons of my own, just for the sake of protection.

If I was a parent in the pokémon world, I would seriously outfit my children with some sort of light body armor along with a pokémon.

Granted, older trainers may carry something like pepper spray or maybe even a knife to protect themselves in case their pokémon can't handle the threat or they get caught by surprise.

What if there were packs of wild groveyles that attack people that lack either pokemon or weapons

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom