• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How come Dento and Iris have such a good interaction between each other?

What is better?

• Brock and Dawn

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Dento and Iris

Votes: 49 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How come Dento and Iris have such a good relationship between each other?

Other than ep 14 Iris and Dento didn't have any interactions at all so stop spreading false stuff just to prove your biased opinions
Also, I fail to see how any of the groups was much better/worse than the others, but the DP group (Ash, Dawn, Brock and each and every one of their Pokémon) are the group that seemed the most family-like to me... and is probably my favorite group
Ash and Dawn are the two young competitive kids... obviously they'll act like brother/sister... Brock is older and more mature and isn't competitive at all so obviously he'll play the role of the adult who helps the youngers
I think each of them played their roles perfectly...

I still wait for people to tell me what exactly Iris and Dento did together during the first 13 eps... seriously, ep 14 is the only one where they interacted

I must say, I do see a difference for Iris and Dento and Dawn and Brock. Dawn was more focused along with Ash than she ever was with Brock so her interactions with Brock was limited. That's not to say they aren't friends though =/
As for Dento and Iris they do have interactions. It obviously wouldn't be seen for all 14 episodes. Dento wasn't even there for the first four and 5 and 6 were gym battle episodes. When the episode is Ash-centered they take the background and make (normally) funny/sarcastic side comments. When the episode is centeredd around Iris or Dento they both get a fair amount of screen time.
-In the Pendra episode Dento battled Iris and gave her some words of wisdom and it was clear that she listened to him well.
-In the Ishizumai epi Iris healed Yanappu
It just seems like the writers are trying to handle the group a bit differently now.

As for Dento and Iris they do have interactions. It obviously wouldn't be seen for all 14 episodes. Dento wasn't even there for the first four and 5 and 6 were gym battle episodes. When the episode is Ash-centered they take the background and make (normally) funny/sarcastic side comments. When the episode is centeredd around Iris or Dento they both get a fair amount of screen time.
-In the Pendra episode Dento battled Iris and gave her some words of wisdom and it was clear that she listened to him well.
It just seems like the writers are trying to handle the group a bit differently now.

But, it's really different from what Brock and Dawn did?

Other than ep 14 Iris and Dento didn't have any interactions at all so stop spreading false stuff just to prove your biased opinions
--
I still wait for people to tell me what exactly Iris and Dento did together during the first 13 eps... seriously, ep 14 is the only one where they interacted

I did.Two pages ago.Calling people biased doesn't make you more right,so drop it.

ffffImightsupportwishfulshippingnow.png

.Iris complimenting Dento is different than Dawn complimenting Brock´s cooking.When Dawn compliments Brock, is simply because she is grateful and finds the food delicious.But with Dento and Iris is a different context.

Before eating,Iris was reluctant of letting Dento cook the fruits she found,and was thinking "why all this fuzz?is more practical this way",so Dento was anxious to see her reaction,and was very glad when Iris accepted the gesture and liked the food.

In the other one(the one in the top left corner),Iris interrupted Dento´s rant about "Delicious spicy potato and yadda yadda yadda" so he went "my,you are quite impatient are you?"(sorry,cant remember the actual dialogue right now...)

It is there,but is subtle stuff and I understand some people might not like it,specially as it doesn't really suits a really "hyperactive" series like pokemon.

Just no. Don't be silly. That's hardly a sign of good interactions.

Look how GREAT those images show their relationship to be :eek:hdear:

They ARE doing things together. Brock? Dawn was most of the time with Ash.

But, it's really different from what Brock and Dawn did?

Things just seem different now. Why are some people so against Dento and Iris interacting more than Dawn and Brock? DP was pretty much based on Ash and Dawn's interactions...

It really isn't fair to be judging on interactions though. It depends on the person watching it. Some people may see things as interactions while others don't. <- Tee hee! I gained a new learning experience today while noticing the different posts between people! This way, we can settle it and hopefully everybody be happy and get along!~ ^_^

They have sex when Ash isn't looking. Don't deny it.

When the episode is Ash-centered they take the background and make (normally) funny/sarcastic side comments.

As if the same isn't true for Dawn and Brock...

When the episode is centeredd around Iris or Dento they both get a fair amount of screen time.

What?... We barely had any eps that really focused on either... Brock or Dawn sometimes did stuff in eps that focused on the other too...

Oh, so Dento gave advice to Iris and she tried to make use of his advice?... where did I see this before... certainly not with Pachi sick ep which also lead to the Mamo ep...

At the beginning of DP Brock healed Piplup... he later helped to heal Pachirisu... and there was probably more...

Yet I just proved everything you said isn't really different...

Calling people biased doesn't make you more right,so drop it.

Posting random pictures and trying to get crazy conclusions from them surely won't make you right...

So Dento can make some really tasty food... Iris enjoyed his food... hmmmmmmm.... I -never- saw anything like this in Pokémon, especially not with Brock and Dawn...

And Iris healed Dento's hurt Poké... I think I already covered this earlier in this post so yeah...

Also, standing by each other and commenting on Ash's doings is totally NOT interaction at all, it's basic dialogue that all characters had all the time... seriously, wtf...

So yeah, your pics proved nothing... or maybe they proved how hard you (and some others) try to find proofs for something that simply isn't right

They ARE doing things together.

Yet no one could list even ONE thing they seriously did together before ep 14

Brock? Dawn was most of the time with Ash.

Eh... the whole group are together the whole time... for every group...
Ash and Dawn are both young competitive kids... Brock was their adult figure and gave them BOTH advices and helped them mature as trainers and provided support to BOTH when they needed him

ANYWAY...
Let me ask you all - does it even matters? why are fans constantly trying to prove one thing is better or worse than the other? can't we simply enjoy the show for what it is?..... there's no such thing as "good" or "bad" - to each his own... let's just enjoy Iris and Dento without comparing them to Dawn and Brock... and when we rewatch DP, let's just enjoy Dawn and Brock without comparing them to Iris and Dento... see? it's that simple...

Insisting to compare Iris/Dento to Dawn/Brock is doing the same thing the people who constantly compared all the main girls did... and I think most of us agree it was ridiculous to compare every girl instead of just enjoying her as a character by her own - so let's not repeat this mistake...

This would most likely do best in Shippers Paradise; but, meh....

I think they have no special connection whatsoever. It's a kids show after all.

As if the same isn't true for Dawn and Brock...

What?... We barely had any eps that really focused on either... Brock or Dawn sometimes did stuff in eps that focused on the other too...

Oh, so Dento gave advice to Iris and she tried to make use of his advice?... where did I see this before... certainly not with Pachi sick ep which also lead to the Mamo ep...

At the beginning of DP Brock healed Piplup... he later helped to heal Pachirisu... and there was probably more...

Yet I just proved everything you said isn't really different...

Posting random pictures and trying to get crazy conclusions from them surely won't make you right...

So Dento can make some really tasty food... Iris enjoyed his food... hmmmmmmm.... I -never- saw anything like this in Pokémon, especially not with Brock and Dawn...

And Iris healed Dento's hurt Poké... I think I already covered this earlier in this post so yeah...

Also, standing by each other and commenting on Ash's doings is totally NOT interaction at all, it's basic dialogue that all characters had all the time... seriously, wtf...

So yeah, your pics proved nothing... or maybe they proved how hard you (and some others) try to find proofs for something that simply isn't right

Yet no one could list even ONE thing they seriously did together before ep 14

Eh... the whole group are together the whole time... for every group...
Ash and Dawn are both young competitive kids... Brock was their adult figure and gave them BOTH advices and helped them mature as trainers and provided support to BOTH when they needed him

ANYWAY...
Let me ask you all - does it even matters? why are fans constantly trying to prove one thing is better or worse than the other? can't we simply enjoy the show for what it is?..... there's no such thing as "good" or "bad" - to each his own... let's just enjoy Iris and Dento without comparing them to Dawn and Brock... and when we rewatch DP, let's just enjoy Dawn and Brock without comparing them to Iris and Dento... see? it's that simple...
Insisting to compare Iris/Dento to Dawn/Brock is doing the same thing the people who constantly compared all the main girls did... and I think most of us agree it was ridiculous to compare every girl instead of just enjoying her as a character by her own - so let's not repeat this mistake...

Okey Dokey!~ I'll watch BW and not compare them to Dawn and Brock either :p
I really like Dento and Iris's characters so far and to me they seem to interact a lot. Really I don't pay much attention to Ash anymore ^^; (I watched him all throughout DP I need a break XD so episodes like BW 14 are a treat :D )

This would most likely do best in Shippers Paradise; but, meh....

I think they have no special connection whatsoever. It's a kids show after all.

I think we're talking about different kinds of "relationship"...

The BW trio feels like a real group of friends on an adventure again. I'm sorry, but the DP trio never felt like they were on an, "adventure."

I think it probably had to do with the fact that most of DP was about battling and training, not really the adventure aspect that all the other sagas had

What "adventure" aspect? Each group felt like they were on an adventure. It's POKEMON after all. A show based off a game where little kids go off on their own journey with magical creatures while challenging gym leaders and taking down psychopathic evil organizations.

Each group had a sense of adventure. DP just focused more on the training, battling, and development aspects of the show.

I did.Two pages ago.Calling people biased doesn't make you more right,so drop it.

ffffImightsupportwishfulshippingnow.png

Brock and Dawn have done practically the same thing Dento and Iris have done so far. Brock's healed Dawn's Pokmeon in Doc Brock. Dawn's complimented Brock's food and culinary skills in so many episodes. And they have had interesting interactions in episodes such as Twice Smitten, Once Shy, A-Maze-ing Race, Leading a Stray, etc. Honestly, there's nothing so special about Iris and Dento's relationship when compared to Brock and Dawn's.

They ARE doing things together. Brock? Dawn was most of the time with Ash.

I think Piplup's covered most of this, but there are reasons why Ash and Dawn interact more. But just because they do doesn't mean that Dawn and Brock can't have an above-average relationship with each other. We already know that they're pretty good friends as seen on the show, why do most people treat them as if they're strangers to each other?

To put in my two cents:

First off, Ash/Satoshi/Red/Wannawannabangbang/whatever is a fucking strange kid. He fights with his Pokemon, he charges straight into situations without thinking it through, and he's obsessed with battling. And you know what? That idiot is pretty damn inspiring. Somehow.

So it's only natural that different people act, well, differently around him. With Misty, he inspired anger; with Brock, a mothering/big brother instinct; with May, a dude to pal around with; with Max, an idol to aspire to; with Dawn, some weird guy that she managed to get along with; with Iris, a gentle, if stupid, "child"; and with Dent, a guinea pig/friend to hang out with.

And of course, the teams surrounding Ash had to be structured around his personality and how they dealt with it. Misty and Brock were the Mentor Group; May, Max and Brock were the Junior Squad/MASTER-y Group; Dawn and Brock were the Support Group; and Dent and Iris are now the...Weird Hair Group? Bickering Group? "Let's Hang Out and Be Groovy" Group? Yeah, too soon to tell.

So, er, yeah. Different group is different.

tl;dr: Don't try to compare the current group's dynamics until either a) we're at least halfway through the group's saga, or b) we all concede that it is all a matter of opinion.

Or c) -- my theory is correct and Shooti is going to kill them all and capture it on photo. He's got an evil jellyfish abomination.

^^^ I'd say that Iris and Dent make up a second mentor group... Although Ash shouldn't be called a beginner at this point...

I suppose it would be more appropriate to compare Brock and Misty's relationship to Iris and Dent's. Since all the characters in both pairs are gym leaders in the games.

What does this have to do with anything? Being gym leaders, they aren't really given as much focus as characters that are game protagonists, like Ash, May and Dawn were. It seemed that Dawn interacted with Ash way more. Ash and May had similar interactions, but May also interacted with Max quite a bit. AG's group dynamic was more complex then other sagas that only had 3 human protagonists.

And of course, with the reduced appearences of Team Rocket. They have more time to actually interact with eachother rather then being continually interupted by them.

For the love of...

People.Let me get this clear...

Just no. Don't be silly. That's hardly a sign of good interactions.

Look how GREAT those images show their relationship to be

First off,this is for both of you.You aren't above anyone here to go and say "you are so silly" or "Oh you are so crazy" and just disregard the whole reply as invalid and dont elaborate at all.It comes off as rude and it makes you look like moron DP fanatics who aren't making any counterarguments at all.

Second and most important,had you read my post at all,which is clear you didn't,you would have noticed I just didn't went and post "silly pictures" I wrote a summary of each scene not based on "crazy conclusions" but of what was said and stated in the showto explain why these scenes were special,nice bits of character dynamics in the show.

Brock and Dawn have done practically the same thing Dento and Iris have done so far. Brock's healed Dawn's Pokmeon in Doc Brock. Dawn's complimented Brock's food and culinary skills in so many episodes. And they have had interesting interactions in episodes such as Twice Smitten, Once Shy, A-Maze-ing Race, Leading a Stray, etc. Honestly, there's nothing so special about Iris and Dento's relationship when compared to Brock and Dawn's.

I didn't mention Dawn and Brock in my post at all.What I was replying was Piplup´s argument that "Dento and Iris didn't interacted at all"which was a total complete FALLACY

I could care the less of whatever Dawn and Brock did,I found them to be,outside Dawn in her contest arc,the most unmemorable characters in a saga that had Gardenia,Gary mother fucking Oak,Cyrus,Barry,Paul,Ursula and a list that could go on with sympathetic,fresh,entertaining characters.

I didn't say they had boring personalities or dynamics,I don't think that.Nor do I think they were interesting.I simply don't give a damn about them.Which is why I am defending BW,not condemning Dawn and Brock.Hence why,as I stated before,didn't initially vote on this poll.

(however,as evidenced by the POLL IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE,RIGHT IN THE TOP OF THIS TOPIC is clear a great size of the forum does have that opinion)

Last edited:

Guys, we shouldn't be fighting. Our common love for Pokémon should bring us together, not tear us apart. You both have different opinions and that's marvelous. That's what makes you both unique and special in your own special way. Piplup, you have to admit that Sombra brings up a good point with her picture. Iris and Dento interact more because they have conflicting personalities, that shows when they argue over food, or a haunted museum. But then they make up because they're good friends. Sombra, you also have to admit that there were times where Brock and Dawn did have friendly interactions. I didn't mean to imply either of you were bashing or hating on the characters. Both of you love this show and have strong, valuable and rich opinions that need to be heard in a peaceful harmonious way.

Though, if I were to give my opinion on the subject, and it's only my opinion, in their first respective 14 episodes, Iris and Dento feel closer and interacted way more than Dawn and Brock, but that's only my opinion.

^^^ I'd say that Iris and Dent make up a second mentor group...

While I respect your opinion and welcome your addition to the debate, but I have to ask, can we really call Iris a mentor? She hasn't really helped Ash improve, neither has she done anything mentory in my opinion (and feel free to disagree, none of us is always right and can claim to be always knowledgeable 100% of the time.) She's just thereand not contributing.

If anything, she needs mentoring more than Ash, but again that is just my opinion and I'm only speaking for myself.

Last edited:
Am I the only one to ask if this thread'd fall under Wishfulshipping?

Well, I like Iris and Dento because they're new characters,
and bring something fresh to the show.
Idk just by looking at them together they give off a good vibe you know?
at least in my opinion.
And as others have said, since they have contrasting personalities,they'll probably clash during the series, which is perfect for their develpment
(as in the museum episode)

I think this thread has run its course. Everyone has made their opinions known by now and nobody is going to be changing anybody's mind. So let's just all cool off and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom