• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How did YOU get into pokemon was it an accident?

well, I remember when I was... what, 5? I saw the anime and fell in love with eevee. then, years later, I got pokemon pearl (RIP Emperor)

When I was 4, my mom would wake me and my sister up so that we could eat our breakfast before we went to school, and we would watch cartoons during that time.
At about that time Pokemon had just become big in America and my sister put it on that morning. It was the episode where Misty gets Psyduck. At first, I didn't get it. But then, my mom took us to KFC, where I ended up getting a Vulpix toy that I fell in love with. Soon, we started getting all of the videotapes and toys.
Then, we got pokemon stadium and shortly after, a copy of Pokemon Blue.

I soon stopped playing when the fad died in third grade. But I would be later brought back by Pokemon Colosseum.

When I was younger, I had always liked Pokemon, but I wasn't really that into it. I would watch the show when it came on, and I even collected some cards. I think I was 11 or 12 when I got my first game. It was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team. I really liked it, but it sort of misled me in a lot of the main game mechanics. My friend convinced me into getting a main series game, and I decided to get one. I got Emerald, because it was the last one to come out. I think this was a year before D/P came out. I started playing Emerald, and I've been hooked every since.

I was jumping on the bed, and Pokemon was on TV. I saw a Kirlia dancing. I liked Kirlia and then found out it was a Pokemon. The next day, I begged for Pokemon Emerald so I could get a Kirlia.

Ah,a classic story.

I was a youngster.3 years old,no less.
My brother was IN to Pokemon.He had all the games that had came out (It was the first gen era)
Being the kid I was,I stole his Gameboy one day and inserted Pokemon Yellow.

I played for a while,enjoyed it,and then decided to make a new game.
Of course he killed me for that,but then he gave me Yellow.I soon then was concently stealing his Gameboy,just to play around with Pikachu more.
I was hooked.I then started watching the shows,and it all went downhill from there.

Same happened with Gold,Silver.My brother didnt buy Crystal because it reminded him of a girl who dumped him :/

Later,it was around 2003.The Gameboy Advance had just came out a while ago or so,and I wanted one.Badly.So my birthday came around,and I recived one.I was so happy.Then,someone walks in with a box.It said.
POKEMON
SAPPHIRE VERSION
I squeled with joy.My very own Pokemon game.
I quickly opened my Gameboy Advance box up and played it.I chose Torchic,which I remember doing because I thought he was cute.He still is.

Later,for Christmas,I ran downstairs to the living room to find a DS sitting there.Beside it?A copy of Pokemon Diamond,which I would end up losing,so I got Pearl instead.I chose Chimchar on Diamond,but wound up choosing Piplup,and nicknamed him Penguin.

Then,after school in around 2008,when game stores still sold GBA games,I was able to get a few games.So when we went into a EB Games,I looked around.One game caught my eye.
POKEMON
LEAFGREEN VERSION
I bought it,and I do remember sitting in the car with the volume max,listening to the title music.
I chose Bulbasaur.

Things happened,and went,and I got Soulsilver.I soon lowered my caring.

Later.
I found out Black and White were announced,and I decided I was getting it.
March 6th.I'm getting a drive to the store and litterly RUSH in to the store and SWING the door open and place my Pre-order recipt on the counter.I buy a guidebook and walk off,before the guy tries to help me get Celebi for my game.We tried,but it didnt work.Oh well,we tried anyway.

A long story,I know.But hey,why not?

When I was 2 back in 2000 (When Gen. 2 just came out in the US), every morning, I would watch cartoons with my brother (Then 5 years old). One day he switched on Cartoon Network, which was showing Pokémon at the time. I soon fell in love with the series. 10 years later, I ended up getting Pokémon Diamond for my 12th birthday. So yeah, I've loved Pokémon for 10, almost 11, years ever since I first saw the show on TV ^_^

Well me personally i would say when i was 7 my dad bought me a gameboy. He took me to WalMart to buy my first game. I said Dad can you buy me that game with that cool red monster(groudon). If it wasnt for my little childish mind i wouldnt like pokemon this day. I really don't know if i regret that day oh well :/.

So how did you get into pokemon

Exact same thing happened to me, except I was like 9 and I picked out Pokemon Ruby because I loved the anime and it was just the first Pokemon game I saw in the store.

I don't remember the time I didn't like about Pokemon. I remember wathcing the show sometimes on WB Kids (I think that's what it was called). Then when I was six, I got my first video game, Pokemon Sapphire. Ever since then I've fallen in love with the games.

I got a Gameboy Colour from my parents for my 7th birthday and Red from my grandparents, because I asked them. I was a bit jealous of someone who had it too, that's why. Now, ten years later, I still have at least one game from each gen! :D Not intending to stop anytime soon, though!

My uncle was on a local bowling league so me, my mom, and my dad when to watch at the bowling alley one night. I was like 6 or 7 at the time. I saw a teenager with cards and somehow I saw them and thought they were cool so my dad bought some off of him. I still have the little book he gave my dad too. Its blue with a Charmander on it.
After that, I kept collecting the cards. I'm not sure when I found out about the anime or the games though.

I started watching the anime (Advanced, I think), then I bought Emerald. I've been hooked ever since.

In 1999, my neighbors introduced it to me. We all collected TCG cards, and I watched them play Red and Blue. It took me another year to get a Gameboy and the Silver and Yellow versions, but I was already a fan of the franchise.

I don't even remember. I was playing it since around the time they first came out over here, when I was 3, so it's kinda just been a part of my home for as long as I can remember.

I was like 5 and saw the anime a bit and liked it but then my friend let me play his gold for a hour and I was hooked so for X-mas my dad got me Pokemon Silver(I begged for it =P) and now I think I'm hooked for life.

I'm always looking for things that both my daughter and I can enjoy together, so I bought her a copy of Diamond and I got Pearl. That was it, I was hooked (thankfully so is she).

It was around 1998, some time after the anime first aired on Fox Kids (my first episode was The Flame Pokémon-athon), received Blue several weeks later. And the rest is history, folks.

I knew pokemon even before I got my first game. I even collected cards and stuff' without even playing the game. I actually didn't have a clue back then that Pokemon is actually a game. I thought Pokemon is just another "addictive" cartoon for me before.

My mom bought me a gameboy (when I was 8) together with a 'fake' copy of pokemon blue. The gameplay was like of Mario, sidescrolling and stuffs. Not really Pokemon. When I came to school, my stories of my Pokemon gameplay and my friends Pokemon gameplay were different. So I decided to borrow his copy of Pokemon Fire red. Got hooked with it and bought my own copy. From there onwards, pokemon became a part of my life.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom