• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How did YOU get into pokemon was it an accident?

my brother got pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of darkness (that name still give me chills, first pokemon game) for his birthday.

he started playing it, and after a while he put the game down and said "this game sucks!" (he couldn't read at the time)

i had seen a few episodes of the show, a few commercials for the movies, and heard my friend say something about how cute pikachu was. the only pokemon i knew were pikachu and mudkip.

so, i wondered what a pokemon game would be like, and started playing. i was hooked imediantly. eventually i got stuck and restarted the file, with my own character.

i now have explorers of sky, pokemon ranger 2, platinum, black, and sapphire.

My mother was going to a long dinner and I had to tag along and being a 7 year old I was going to be pretty damned bored so I already had a gameboy but she decided to treat me to a new game to keep myself busy so I bought the game with the fishy (Saphire) and have been "hooked" since.

I think when I came to like Pokemon was when I wanted to buy the Mystery Dungeon game about a year ago. I got Blue rescue team and when I saw the ending I almost cried. Then i got Pokemon ranger guardian signs and now i have Pokemon white. When i was smaller I always liked to watch some episodes on my VHS but i never really got into it. Then i had a friend in 8th grade and he loved Pokemon. He would show me his games but i still stuck with liking Sonic during that time. Then boom, 9th grade. he didn't come to my school and now i kinda miss him. A quarter through 9th grade i started saying to myself "Sonic doesn't have much to offer since they keep on repeating the same episodes". Now i like Pokemon! And i sure did learn a lot about Pokemon when i was smaller.

Me and my cousin used to always watch the anime, Battle Frontier season. Me and my friends used to always used to pretend to be Pokemon. My friend's brother who is much older introduced me to FireRed and Emerald. He let me borrow them and I ended up accidentally erasing his Emerald file. I didn't want to tell him so i kept it until he forgot about it. He did. The first game that I actually owned was Diamond which I got from him in 2007 for my 9th birthday. I've been a fan ever since, but i tend to lean over to the games rather than the anime.

Caught an episode of Pokemon on TV. A week later I saw Pokemon Blue at Toys R Us so I bought it.

When I was 10 my Nintendo Power issue came to me with a preview for Pokémon. A few months later, Pokémon Power. Then came the anime. Three weeks after that, Pokémon Red. Life ruined/made awesome.

I got into it when Kids WB first played Pokemon- I Choose You! I never got into the games until Gold and Silver came out and was amazed by the graphics.

Heh, I got into it when I was in the Nintendo store in NYC and Pokemon Ranger was one of the sample games they set out. I loved it. And when I got the trainer games, it got better. XD

My mom wanted to see a 18+ movie, so she stuck me in a random kids movie, and it the first Pokémon movie. She still regrets that decision.

Commercial for season 2 on Kids WB. Started watching everyday after school not long after. Good show (still is).
Then I found the games (Yellow was out then). Mom didn't like me playing, but it wasn't long before she joined in too. And while she's more or less dropped out, I've stuck with it ever since.

For me it started with the show, after the trading cards, then game, my first Pokemon game was Red, and that's when I knew I love Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom