• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do I know if I am autoconfirmed?

EACreator1

Reaction score
I really want to be an image supplier for Bulbapedia, so I started contributing to a ton of pages. Before, I could not access the upload page due to not being autoconfirmed. Now, however, I can. The only thing is that I get a message saying "You do not have permission to make a new page" every time I try to upload an image for a page that I want to contribute to. I tried creating a forum page, and it worked. However, I still cannot upload due to that error message. Please help!

@EACreator1; You can view the usergroups you belong in via Special:preferences.

However, I should note that being autoconfirmed on Bulbapedia doesn't make you autoconfirmed on Bulbanews or the Bulbagarden Archives. Each one's usergroups are separate, so helping out on each of the three wikis must be done in order to become "globally" autoconfirmed.

@Kogoro How would I contribute to the archives? Do I have to help with the to-do list, or do I have to contribute to something else?

@Kogoro How would I contribute to the archives? Do I have to help with the to-do list, or do I have to contribute to something else?

There are several ways one can contribute before being able to upload themselves, such as; clarifying file summaries, adding missing categories to file pages, or simply making upload requests to a staff member if you have something you want uploaded.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom