• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you arrange your PC boxes?

All of my boxes are in Nation Pokedex Order, from #001 through #649. Then I have a box devoted to every Unown I have caught. Then I have the "Mythical" box, which contains shinies, event Pokemon that I have doubles of; like Ash's Pikachu, or Iris' Axew. I find it is the most proper, convenient navigation available to me.

After a while I go through and organize them by level. I deleted my save file on Black so I could replay it, but I'm pretty sure I had leve 20 and down in the first box, and numbered them up to level 90 and above. I had a spare box for Legendaries, of course.

I barely organize them at all. The only organization I have is a box for legendaries, but even that gets jumbled up with non legendary. There's also the dead or heaven box for Nuzlockes, though. I would organize them, but it would take a lot of effort. Which I have none of.

The only ones I separate from the rest are Eggs, Legendaries, and one box for Pokemon from my main team(s) that I don't want to get mixed up in the heaps of other boxes.

For most of my boxes I have them in types. Then from lowest level to Highest level within those boxes. Also I like the idea of having a separate box for 1 of every starter

I tried sorting them by type, but there were too many 2-type pokemons that it got confusing.

I tried color, but then so many pokemons in the same evolution family got separated, like Caterpie and Butterfree.

... I guess going by National dex order is best for me :/

It's usually in the order that which I obtained each Pokémon, but I may wind up reorganizing the boxes after reading all the ways y'all organize them.

In my PC Box, there's always one box for my main team or special pokemon I put in my team at some points. Then I have another box for reserved/trading Pokemon. Other then that, I don't arrange my PC boxes. xD.

I tend to have a box for each type, but with Water and Normal types I give them two boxes of room since they are the most numerous types. It's mainly in preparation for the Pokébank when i bring all my old pokémon over.

The remaining boxes I have one for baby pokémon, one for pokemon I've EV trained and I have a couple spare, one of which will be for IV Bred Pokémon once I've got my first one.

boxes 1-24 pokedex order
box 25 shinies and extra legendaries
box 26 conversational trades(stuff like no thanks or I want that), and starters to trade
box 27 unused pokemon
box 28 larvitar eggs
box 29 female 5 iv larvitars
box 30 male 5iv larvitars
box 31 friend safari dittos

The only organisation that matters are my last 4 Boxes:
- "Shiny Collect" - all my shinies.
- "5 IV and Up" - pokemon I'm keeping for breeding purposes.
- "Team" - Pokemon I need on hand (for power or abilities)
- "IV Team" - Pokemon I've IV bred for battle, the top half is for pokemon fully EV trained (not necessarily level trained), the lower half are waiting for training.

Utility - Pokemon that serve specific purposes (Rock Smash, Strength, Ditto *breeder*)

The Bench - Unevolved Pokemon that evolve by level, so as I can just grab them as slots open up when I'm just grinding for EXP

Misc Evos - Pokemon that evolve by beauty, moves, or in Inkay's case, holding the 3DS upside down.

Eevee Team - self explanatory. All my Eevees and their evolutions.

Breed - Pokemon I intend to breed in order to get a lower level evolution I don't have.

Stone Evos - Self Explanatory; what I need a stone for

Fully Evolved - Self Explanotory; several boxes

Friendship Evos - Self Explanatory

Trade Evos - Self Explanatory

Rotoms - All my rotoms in differnt forms.

Trade - Extras I keep for trading

For Chelsey - Anything rare or Y exclusive that I come across that I plan on giving to my wife (who has X)

The last box/boxes are usually the legendaries, and the second to last box are my veteran teams/main crew. Now, I have a box for N's Pokemon, a box for my Unowns that I spent finding in SoulSilver, and I will work on organizing my other boxes in Pokedex order soon.

Sorted by type with more populous ones like water having two boxes. Boxes are wallpapered appropriately. Remaining boxes are for legendary pokemon, breeding, catching (things like false swipe users, tracers, synchronizers, sleep inducers), Dittos for nature selection while breeding and iv breed, ev trained elite pokemon I use for battle facilities and other battles.

PC Box Sorting

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section. Please feel free to lock or move it.

So, to the topic. The PC has been a major part of every main series game. My question to you is: How do sort the Pokémon in your PC? Do you order them by Dex no.? Order caught? Do you have a Shiny box? Do you have a max IV box? Do you have a box for starters, legendaries and Megas? Do you have a Wonder Trade and GTS box? How particular are you about this order? Do you try to order them perfectly or ignore slight imperfections?

Leave your thoughts below.

Re: PC Box Sorting

While I am playing through the story catching everything in the version I chose to make my "main" game, I don't sort them, but afterwards I usually sort them by type, with legendaries having their own box.

In X I do actually have a Wonder Trade box.

Re: PC Box Sorting

Depends. I just restarted Platinum and I already know I won't care about the PC at all and will only catch the ones I want for my team (+ legends and any shines I come across, if any).

Most of the time though, I'll try to make a 'living Pokédex'; every monster in dex order from Bulbasaur to the final legendary. I've fully completed these in Soul Silver and White 2, and am very close (96%) to doing so in Pokémon Bank.

Any extra boxes are for shinies, extra legends, team members, eggs, and other things. My final box in Soul Silver is entirely comprised of every Unown letter along with the spiky-eared Pichu and its shiny counterpart.

In Pokémon Bank, I'm probably going to have one box for formes, another for Unowns, one for extra legends, at least one for shinies... basically everything is perfectly sorted.

If it's my first playthrough, or a playthrough that I plan on keeping around for a while(ie. I don't intend to just run through, beat the story, catch the legends, then restart) I usually sort by type. I sometimes also put evolution families together in whatever box they are in. I also have one or more 'Rares' or 'Legends/Legendary' box, with the legends that are related put next to each other(ie. Latias and Latios are adjacent, Lugia goes right before the three birds, Ho-Oh before the Beasts, Rayquaza before Kyogre and Groudon, etc.)
I've never collected all the Unown, but I might do so in my next SoulSilver run. Then I'll give them a box(and let them keep it when I transfer them). I don't have many shinies(and none that I've found myself) so I don't have a shiny box. I might do a Mega box in X.

Box 1: Consists of the Pokémon I rotate for battles.
Box 2: Pokémon I catch just because I like them, and will eventually level up / train for battling.
Box 3: I put all of the legendary Pokémon in this box
Box 4: Miscellaneous Pokémon that I don't know what to do with.
Box 5: This is where I keep my shiny collection. Right now, I have a shiny Hydreigon, shiny Nidoking, shiny Nidoqueen and a shiny Golem.

Well with the revolution of Pokemon Bank it's all changing a bit really. At the moment they are literally just in the order I caught them, with a seperate box in the back for all the unown forms.

But now I'm thinking of getting 1 of each species (so for example a chespin, a quiladin and a chesnaught) and arranging the boxes in national dex order, then another set exactly the same for all the shinies I intend to collect, with boxes at the back again for alternate forms.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom