• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you arrange your PC boxes?

Recently I made my middle boxes all for my team training Pokemon, in breeding order. My first 3 boxes are my tradables, and everything after the Team Pokemon are random at the moment.

My first box has the Unowns from A-Z, !, and ?. That leaves two spaces, where I put my two Arceus(es) (Arecei?) (Yes, I'm showing off.)
The second box and most boxes after it are my caught Pokemon that I basically don't use, but have caught just to complete the dex, in national order.
The box after that has all my dittos and some of my traded Pokemon (unless they're in the national dex boxes.)
The box after that has the rest of my traded Pokemon and my Shiny Pokemon.
The box after that has my duplicate legendaries (I keep them as trophies). Sometimes, I may have 3 or 4 of the same legendary. (Yes, I'm showing off.)
The box after that has my "main team" Pokemon that I frequently use. Sometimes, Pokemon from other boxes may be "promoted" to the main team, and when I'm done training a Pokemon and don't want to use it anymore, I may "demote" it to the "normal team" (which is what I call the Pokemon from the rest of the boxes.) This box also contains my "Special" Pokemon, like HM Slaves, Breeding Slaves (Oh god why...), and so on.
Any boxes left over are used for other duplicate Pokemon that I'm not willing to release, and for breeding.
So yeah, I think that's it.

Well, all my data got erased, but my last two boxes basically resembled my signature because those are the veterans from previous games. Then there was a breeding box as #2 filled with whatever my current project was (i.e. 20+ Doduo because I just grind through the eggs and look at stats later) and a miscellaneous box as #1 because that's always useful to have, and sometimes I just dumped pokemon there when I wanted to change quick.

After that I sort of sorted them by habitat/type, but they were very loosely defined categories. I remember a Psychic/Ghost/Dark Urban pokemon box, a Beach box that included Water and Ice types and a Deep Ocean box because I have so many water types (<3), a Rock/Ground/Steel/Fire Mountain box, a Flying box that was mostly empty anyway, a Grass/Poison/Bug Forest box that I believe was overflowing, a Normal Urban box for cutesy pokemon, a box devoted to pokemon I thought could be veterans in the future (sent on to the next game), probably a box devoted to holding pokemon that weren't actually mine, and I don't even remember what else. Damn, I wish this hadn't all been erased.

I arrange my boxes by mono typing (by first type of the pokemon) and a "team" box/es.

I got boxes for breeding projects. Like 1 box full of Chimchar to breed.
A box for what I used in game like HM users and gym battles.
One for Perfect pokes I plan to battle with and recently a box for those I'm transfering to Hoenn.

I like to arrange them by their order in the Pokédex, but sometimes if a Pokémon has an evolution or pre-evolution from a later gen I would put that Pokémon before or after the original one (ex: listing Pichu before Pikachu or Scizor after Scyther).

One time I tried to arrange them by their first appearances in the anime, going by the pages on Bulbapedia.

in Pokémon X I have a Box for Water, a Box for Fire, and a Box for Legends. I plan to sort the rest by Type once I feel like it (40 HOURS play-time!). I DO have a question though: I only see 10 boxes (I think). do you get more if you beat the E4 a second time? I noticed when you trade you have like 15+ boxes. got me REALLY confused. I don't think I have enough boxes for each Type. my Water-Type box is half-way full. thinking of taking some out and making a Friend Safari Box, though.

in Pokémon X I have a Box for Water, a Box for Fire, and a Box for Legends. I plan to sort the rest by Type once I feel like it (40 HOURS play-time!). I DO have a question though: I only see 10 boxes (I think). do you get more if you beat the E4 a second time? I noticed when you trade you have like 15+ boxes. got me REALLY confused. I don't think I have enough boxes for each Type. my Water-Type box is half-way full. thinking of taking some out and making a Friend Safari Box, though.

You get more boxes if each box has at least one pokemon in it.

Recently, I made a separate box for Wonder Trading

I am super duper organized when it comes to virtual things. My computer is super organized, and even my pc boxes in pokemon are organized. I wish I was this organized in real life.

I currently have:

6 boxes of Iv breeding leftovers
1 box of MM rejects
Legendaries
bank balls
egg moves
box of gastly/haunters to raise for my gengar collection
foreign pokes 1 (only japanese)
foreign pokes 2 (all else)
2 boxes of non ha or iv bred (to be released)
2 boxes specifically for wonder trade (I put any extra ha's, bank balls, or anything good thats extra here)
box o starters
to evolve box (mostly scatterbugs and spewpas! i love getting them in wt)
my special box (mostly shinies, but also have a few funny nicknames and also a happy hour smeargle)
useful box (pokes with useful abilities or moves, like suction cups for fishing, compound eyes for item hunting)
a To Trade box (I trade a lot of Serebii, so I keep my half of the trade in this box so I don't lose it!)
and then the rest are HAs organized by region

I am actually in the process of organizing it now because it got messy due to wonder trading and helping my boyfriend with his dex. X_x

I have one box for trained Pokemon, two boxes for shinies, one box for legendaries, then about ten boxes for hidden abilities (xD), a few boxes for IVs, one box for Vivillon patterns and the rest of the boxes is full with random Pokemon.

I know it's a bit silly, but I like to arrange them by color. So I have one box full of red Pokemon, one full of orange Pokemon, one full of yellow Pokemon and so on. My last boxes are always just Eggs though. Hundreds of them.

I now have these boxes:
Water
Fire
Legends
Low-Level
Favorite's/NOT FOR TRADE
Electric
Friend Safari Pokémon (One Box so far)

Hmmm this is an interesting forum thread. Typically I haven't put much thought on how to arrange my pokemon but lately I've done some arrangements. Currently I have:
1. Random catch
2. Shinies (either friend safari or chain fishing)
3. Shiny Breeding
4. Starters (from all generations thus far)
5. and Legendaries.

I have a living Pokedex, so mine are arranged numerically by Pokedex number. After that, there's a box for shiny pokemon, one for alternate forms, one for my main team members, and a couple for misc breeding Pokemon. This gen, I also have a box for wonder trade.

FINALLY have over 20 Boxes! now have THESE boxes organized:
Grass
Electric
Foreign Pokémon
Legends
Friend Safari
Water
Hidden Abilities
Low-Level
Trading (usually my 'junk' Pokémon or those with horrible IV's)
Favorites/NOT FOR TRADE (I have my Hidden Ability Eevee Evolutions in here)
Ability Users (Flame Body, Magma Armor, etc.)
Flying (REALLY need more of these)
Vivillon (Currently need ALL Forms EXCEPT: Polar, Sandstorm, and Elegant. If you have 1 of them, PLEASE PM me!!)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom