• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you benefit from Pokémon?

Re: How do you benefit from pokemon?

Well, for me, it's a good source of imagination. I'm quite a creative person and Pokemon is a way to encourage me to keep my creative flair... And having/keeping an active imagination is really important for me, and I see that as just as important as knowledge, if not more(depending on where your inclinations lie in terms of skill and stuff, but yeah).

It's something for me to think about in bed.

"Attack EVs or Sp Attack EVs for Totdile...?"

The main way Pokemon has benefited me is introducing me to other Trainers. Im amazed how many people play. Not only here either. Ive met some great people here (one in particular comes to mind) but I even met a girl in my class today who plays. And I scored her number. So yes boys, Pokemon = chicks!

Like any other game, it gave me a way to waste free time :p

Pokemon has done so much for me, it's unbelievable. As a kid, when Pokemon first became popular over here, it kept me entertained and spellbound by how magical it was. These days, it gives me an escape from reality and through Pokemon is how I met my boyfriend and several great friends.

Pokemon is my life <3

It's a source of comfort and helps me meet new people, because I fail at socializing.

It's given me endless hours of happiness, I've probably spent over half my life in the Pokemon World.

I still love it till this day and can't really see my life without it.

Long car trips, for sure.
If I have nothing to do, I know I can pick up a Pokemon game and be entertained.
It's made me think maybe a little more strategically, even if my strategy is always "BRUTE FORCE ATTACKING!!!"

Well it's helped me get a few friends, made me good in strategy, and made me develop an interest in music.

A great source of entertainment, and the games even help me build my organization skills!

It taught me the meaning of the word facade

lol

I wouldn't go as far as a reason to live but I would say that the games are brilliant, addictive and just fun in General. Like it's been said, it's brought be to these forums and given me a Hobby that I will never grow out of. :)

Basically the same thing you just said.

Gives me lots to do...combining teams with great offenses and defenses its like preparing a sports team plus I love animals!

It makes me happy and keeps me interested. I've also made friends.

Feeding on nostalgia is the only way I'm capable of staying alive.

Because of Pokemon I know how to spell "psychic." :lol:
It's very entertaining also.

it helps me alot in school!!!!!!!!

It made me want to learn English, and by playing the games and later joining forums my English has just improved, I swear Pokemon have helped me learning English just as much as school. And I've recently started to visit filb.de, that sure help my German skillz.

It also helps me relax and stress down. And something to talk about in my spear time. And to make (stupid) references during movies. "Forest Gump ran away safely".

The only thing I can see anyone getting anything from all this is the cash. In the anime, nothing really.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom