• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you benefit from Pokémon?

Re: How do you benefit from pokemon?

The sun here is a murderer. So i play pokemon inside.

I use it to escape reality to be honest. :disgust:

There's one thing I remember from the animé... that it's okay to have to compete with a friend 'cause even when you lose to him/her, you'll be happy that it is a friend of yours that won (said Nurse Joy)...
I think it's from the episode that Ash found out that he's gonna fight Ritchie in the league...

helps you remember things you would normally forget

It has taught me math...
A lot of frustration when my favorite Pokemon dies, and how to get internet on the DS.

Hmmm...

- Pokemon is, you could say, a bridge to learning about real life species, like the antlions and the cicadas, and that's because there are these awesome "On the Origin of Species" articles to help that in understanding.
- Pokemon has such a widespread audience that, well, gets me the opportunity to meet people and make new friends.
- I also learnt from Pokemon that just because something looks good on paper doesn't mean they are good in practice. Something I learnt in my exploration at Smogon.

it cures boredom, and I enjoy playing and collecting pokemon as a hobby, that in itself is a benefit some others are
it helped me with math, which im pretty bad at
it keeps me calm and less stressed
i learned all about wi-fi and how it works
THe Origin of the Species column here in wikipedia taught me about legends, myths and real life creatures which pokemon are based in, and i immensely enjoy learning about these things.

Last edited:
Let's see...

-It cures boredom and a great pass time.
-I was able to make new friends because of our interest in Pokemon and I was able to join these forums and met some cool people.
-It's somewhat improved my reading.
-Drawing Pokemon fanart, of course, helps me get better at drawing in general.

I get to detect who's a real jerk with it. I say "If I wasn't Christian, Pokemon would be my religion," and someone makes fun of me for it, I know who my Blastoise can Hydro Pump later on in life.

It helped me understand evolution, and in science I knew what conducted electricity.

It is a great way to make friends and a great source of joy whether it's catching your first pokemon or beating the Pokemon League it's just an all round great franchise.

You might not believe it, but it made me love nature and animals. That did not happen in one moment, but gradually, I love nature and animals more and more everyday. And I guess that is a very good thing in the long run.

Also, it's the only game that I have never quit playing, and time goes pretty quick playing Pokemon =D

It taught me to be patient. You see all these kids nowadays wanting more more more, faster faster faster, stop going so slow, and they're the ones who are growing up on quick paced shooting and action games.

I spent hours upon hours training a Dugtrio against the Elite Four in Yellow when I was 10. I got him to level 100 and then restarted the game. And back in the Generation I days, that was freaking hard to get something higher than about level 70 without getting bored and restarting, or using a GameShark.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom