• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you benefit from Pokémon?

Pokegasm

Sexual.
Reaction score
I guess what im trying to ask is, what has pokemon done for you? I can name alot of things. I am afraid to admit to my friends that I like it so it is hard to break free with good feelings about it, but its sprang my adventurous side way up. It has made me feel great.

Its my life supply.

Re: How do you benefit from pokemon?

I enjoy playing the games as a pastime. That is my benefit.

It's given my life meaning.

The games are just an enjoyable pastime, and they've gotten me a few friends here and there.

It's a great source of nostalgia and a great pastime, as mentioned.

Its brought me happiness. The games are fun too as well.

I've met new friends, become a staff member on a website I didn't help set up, was introduced to TGWTG and YGOTAS. Oh, and I now have something to do on long car trips.

I got a bit better at math, as well as strategizing in general. Like Ryuu, I made new friends with it.

Yeah, I've been playing on long car trips since I was 7 or 8. I do alot of other things. I skateboard, I play football, I weight train, I nurse (that's right, I'm a male nursing student), but there is something about walking up route 1 with my starter pokemon that never gets old. Real entertainment is hard to come by. And when you can turn that joy into an obsession, now that's something special.

Long car trips, knowing I'm not utterly sucky at something, a purpose to live, etc.....

I wouldn't go as far as a reason to live but I would say that the games are brilliant, addictive and just fun in General. Like it's been said, it's brought be to these forums and given me a Hobby that I will never grow out of. :)

its a great hobby that iv been doing for along time.
its helped me in math and its just fun.
also iv meet some great people who play too and made some great friends.

It's made me much happier, and it got me to join these forums and meet some cool people here :)

Lots of new friends, think things out more, emotional stability... Well, the last one is iffy now, as certain parts of it are making me more unstable, but as a kid, it really helped.

The games are okay to play every now & then. But, like most anime I watch, Pokemon is a great source of music for me. Whether it be the OPs & EDs or something instrumental in the background.

Playing pokemon keeps me interested and less bored.

It helps keep my mind off things if needed. There's been a few times this year that I've had a horrid day at work and simply coming home to see news of new Pokémon that have been revealed really cheers me up.
I've also met a lot of very awesome people through it, both online and offline. It makes me happy to share the love of the games and the show with other people who also like it.

I got Blue version when I was three, and this'll sound really Farfetch'd (lol Pokepuns), but I'm pretty sure it taught me how to read.

Also, made me more outgoing, and girls think it's cute that a fifteen year old still plays :cool:

Improved my Eye Sight.

I have a very rare eye condition called Ocular Motor Apraxia, which in short, means my brain sends the wrong message to my eyes. This makes my hand-to-eye co-ordination terrible. However, playing the games since I was 7 has greatly improved that, as I have to watch the character as I press directional buttons to navigate around the game.

That was confirmed by my eye doctor years ago =3

Pokémon has also helped improve my 6 year old brother's reading and maths a lot.

I have made some great friends, along with it being a pastime :3 also, as some had said before, having something to do on long car rides!!

It's a great thing to think about if I'm zoning out!

And it's just fun in general. Games and fanfiction especially.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom