• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
So, it turns out there are multiple Parker's and you can tell them the difference by the colour of their collars.

So, how do you feel about another one of these recurring characters this late in Best Wishes, or could they reappear in the next series?

I think it's completely unnecessary. The Parker who appeared in yesterday's episode could easily have been the one who we knew of previously, I really don't see the point in having more than one of them. It does kinda destroy his character a little in my eyes.

This is so dumb, why can't they just have toured the islands on one cruise ship like in the real world, the opening made Parker look like he was gonna be important but he was gone after two episodes! Replaced by his cousin! This was bad enough when don George was introduced.
They need a law against inbreeding in the pokemon world!

Yes....everyone is a clone now. It's only a matter of time. The league shall replace everyone with shallow generalized people. It will truly be like the game.

I'm kidding, I don't care really, but this is getting ridiculous now.

Yes....everyone is a clone now. It's only a matter of time. The league shall replace everyone with shallow generalized people. It will truly be like the game.

This is a problem I have with the anime is the fact that almost every single aspect is recycled, and less and less effort is put into it each time.

Hate it and i think for this parker guy, completely unnecessary. And there was not a warning for this this bull, why could'nt he just be the same guy instead of this mess being different guys.

That's just silly. Ash and his friends could travel around the Decolora Archipelago on the same ship with the same tour guide.

I vaguely remember a fan fiction where one of the generic-clone characters was a guy named Security Guard Josh. I actually find these clone people to be a funny sort of Pokemon quirk. I don't really mind it. It's kind of endearing in it's own, ridiculous way.

No, but it's already happening; we've seen Ash clones and a Dawn clone, and Brock's very identical to his siblings.

But while I am disappointed that there are multiple, equally ugly Parkers running about, it makes me wonder if the anime is purposely trying to make it seem that all adults and public service workers are interchangeable for some reason.

Yes....everyone is a clone now. It's only a matter of time.
As long as the characters aren't bad, I don't care. I mean, imagine a world fullfilled by Iris, Trip and Kotetsu clones.

Jokes aside, it'd make sense (and, at the same time, creepy) if the Parkers were all watching around, because one can't help enough to the whole ship, but it seems this is not the case here.

Now this is just silly.

It's bad enough that some fool figured out how to use the Jenny/Joy cloning process on a man with Don George (who didn't amount to much anyway), but cloning a guy with one simple job of acting as captain/guide for a little over a dozen episodes? I knew the producers had gotten just plain lazy during BW, but...damn!

Last edited:
It's completely unnecessary and rather ridiculous, but I can't say it bothers me too much. I just don't care.

Like others, I agree that it's not a huge deal.

For all intents and purposes, Joy, Jenny and Don effectively are the same character, even if they're all supposed to be different individuals in-universe. They all look and act alike (Unova's regional differences notwithstanding), they serve exactly the same purpose and generally all have the same character traits. For a Joy or Jenny to show any distinguishing personal characteristics that set her apart from her sisters was always the exception, not the rule. It's not especially jarring for me to know that there are similarly multiple Parkers because I can't honestly see it making much difference in the long run - he'll still effectively be the same character, even if the colour of his collar periodically changes.

Last edited:
I agree with Winterdaze. It doesn't really matter. I've always liked the generations of Joys and Jenny's so I don't mind other characters having the same gimmick.

Huh? I thought it was the same guy... *Haven't watched the show in a while*

Oh well, I don't really mind him/them though...

At first I hated it and also felt like his character was destroyed a little, but now I just love it for some reason. I think I'll never know why.

But objectively speaking, it is completely unnecessary. Unlike Jenny, Joy and George, Parker doesn't work at a stable building, they could just have Ash and the others travel in the same ship during the whole Da! series without problem. The cruise could make one day-long stops, which is what seems to take Ash and the others to go from island to island; and like what happened in the Butterfree episode when they stayed a week on the island, they could just have the ship longer there due to anything.

One think that does bother me in any case, is that his name doesn't follow the kana ジ trend.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom