• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you feel about the anime's character designs?

How do you feel about the anime's character designs?

• They're great!

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • They're alright.

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • They're awful!

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
here are some of the characters that help prove my thought
65995.jpg

DAT hair!
67387.jpg

semi self explanitory
67425.jpg

67426.jpg

if you dont find this creepy then i muat say wow. Even ash cringed when he walked in that gym and saw everyone.
Tachiwaki really must be a run down town. o.o

The overwhelming majority of the character designs you guys are talking about were done by Game Freak / Sugimori. The people behind the TV series shouldn't get the blame for Iris' hair or Dent's eyes, y'know.

How about Musashi and Kojirou? I kind of like how their red and blue hair compliments each other and how Musashi's odd hair shape gives her such a defining silhouette.

Harley's another character with a great design. I mean, he's a grown man dressed up like a cactus. What isn't there to love about that?

Some of the designs may be kind of... wacky, but this is just something I generally don't think about; I just get used to the designs and accept them. So I just voted the first option, anyway.

Some designs can be incredibly bland. Just look at Kenny, he basically looks the same as any random filler character on the show. Even designs like Georgia's aren't THAT great, she could also pass for a COTD if she wasn't a rival.

I like the character's designs. Also, I don't see the point of picking on the characters that are based off of the Sugimori art...:/ They really don't have much control over how they can look. xD

But I don't like many of the COTD's..they just look so....bland. ^^; I almost wouldn't mind if they made the COTD's look like the game trainer sprites...

As for myself, I don't mind them. I just wish the eye and hair designs were more detailed, similar to other anime.

unique
I mean, we can't find this kind of design in other anime.

Iris 's hair, Dent 's eyes (huh >.>) , Harley the cactus, Musashi's weird pink hair, Takeshi's closed eyes, Tarsan (ep34), Kasumi's suspenders (<3), Kenta's lock (weird Oo) ...
1342798221-vlcsnap-2012-07-20-19h25m02s209.png

Last edited:
of all of the years i have seen this show Homikas fans were the most poorly desighned

There have been some very unique looking characters and some more normal looking ones. I find the overall design of the Pokemon characters to be alright.

I just wish the characters were a little taller...

They're alright in my opinion. I don't particularly tend to rate designs high or low in general as the design isn't as important as the personality and story in my opinion.

of all of the years i have seen this show Homikas fans were the most poorly desighned

Er, why? Homika's band is a super punk band... they looked exactly like the sort of fans a band like that would have (and yes, I'm stereotyping).

They're alright in my opinion. I don't particularly tend to rate designs high or low in general as the design isn't as important as the personality and story in my opinion.

Er, why? Homika's band is a super punk band... they looked exactly like the sort of fans a band like that would have (and yes, I'm stereotyping).

I never though any of the "punk characters" were designed well (ie bridge bike gang ect.) but maybe if the episode was based on Tokyo Drift then maybe my thoughts would be different but that is just me. I liked some of the other cast who seemed a bit more unique such as Giovanni, Jimmy, and Flint.

However those pictures of elesa in dawn's flashback have been scorched in my mind....o_O

My issue with the anime character designs is that I think they could use a little bit more detail. I know that this is a LONG, weekly show, but it would be nice to have some more elaborate outfits occasionally.

Or, I think things would be better if the anime looked like the B2W2 animated trailer... or Pokemon Special.

Charaters meant only for shouting backgrounds tend to be like that [if you were talking about the people that were cheering her on].

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom