• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you feel about the new Terastal gimmick?

How do you feel about this gimmick?

• It seems fun!

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Not a fan

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Unsure so far

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Fancy hats !!!

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters
A bit shame if that's the case, because having 3 types STAB sounds fun, especially for gym battles.
I mean, yes... For casual play, that would be pretty funny, but having 3 STABs would be nightmarish for competitive play. I think and really hope they will not add that mechanic due to this.

I’m wondering: Will there be a Terastallized Type Checker, like Hidden Power ones? Will we be able to modify a Pokémon’s Terastallized type with a Mint-like item?

So, based on what I've read, Pokémon do retain their original STAB even after their type changes. That definitely sounds broken to me. I hope it's a false claim.

So, based on what I've read, Pokémon do retain their original STAB even after their type changes. That definitely sounds broken to me. I hope it's a false claim.
If that's the only bonus they receive, I don't think it's too crazy. A Pokémon with Adaptability gains a 2x modifier on STAB moves just for having the ability, this doesn't sound that much crazier. A bulky Pokémon that resists the attack would still likely tank it without too much trouble. I'm willing to wait and see how the meta plays out before deciding if it's OP.

I think it pretty cool! The hats make me laugh and I’m sure I’ll have more fun that I did in BDSP, LGPE, SWSH and ORAS. I’m really looking up to this game and the gimmicks seem so fun! I’m sure it will be my favorite game maybe even passing Pokémon ranger. The hats are funny unlike the last gimmicks that were introduced.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom