• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you feel about your siblings

Darth was referring to the case of someone like me, who is already 20 years old, getting a new sibling at this point. He didn't know however that my mother's relationship she was considering having a child with also has children at their 30s, one of which already has his own children. Let that sink; if such a child were to be born, their nephew would be older than them. This was part of the reason they decided against it in the end.

A decade is a gap that can be bridged much more easily. Mostly because there would still be a few years when the two would be living together, while with 20 years you may get a sibling after leaving home. 30 years is only going to be even worse, by that point you may be married and have children of your own!

It's akward. I only have a younger brother (who BTW, is here for some reason) and he is 4 years younger than me. He usually annoys me and always seeks attention from me or other family members. My mom even stated he is jealous of me because she tightly controls his use of my laptop..... yep

i’m constantly annoyed by mine who steals my electronics, yells at me and blames stuff they didn’t do on me.

Me and my siblings gel well most of the time. Yeah, we pull each other's legs at times (like every other sibling), and I might get annoyed at times, but I know that it is usually in good humor, and we tend to laugh together at such scenarios typically after a few seconds. :D:)(y)

I have a complicated relationship with my sister, which I won't go into excessive detail about. But what I can say is that I generally like her and she's fun to talk to and pleasant to interact with in short bursts.

Yet there's so much about her I also dislike, and I feel that if I hang around her too much, she'll cause me to remember some bad childhood memories and kind of bring me down with her general depressive gloominess, as she is less mentally stable than I am. She is the older one, so she's shaped a lot of who I am, but... I kind of just want to leave her and the rest of my family behind.

Currently, I don't live with her, so I don't see much of her anyway.

I have a younger sister, who annoys me to no end. I live alone during schoolweeks, so I feel like it'll get better than when we were stuck with eachother everyday. I still see her on weekends and during holidays.

We either act like best friends or mortal enemies, there is no in between.

Last edited:
I'm the eldest of three. My brother is 3 years younger then me, and my sister is 5 years younger then me.

Between my siblings, in all honesty I favor neither of them. They're on equal playing fields for me tbh.

With my brother I've been told he's a more relaxed version of me. He's absolutely laid back and unmotivated most of the time, but he's willing to help me out when I need it. When we were younger I used to play games with him all the time, he'd usually be the one beating a level for me.

With my sister I grew up sharing a room with her so we often fought over that. Embarrasing as it is, my sister has caused quite a few dozen panic attacks for me as a kid. We just didn't see eye to eye and our tastes were immensly different. She's changed lately though, she had a baby and she's a lot more relaxed and using that energy of hers to raise her baby.

If I had to choose between them I couldn't pick. I think I enjoy being alone a lot more nowadays.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom