• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you feel knowing TR were absent in an episode for the first time in history?

Cybersai

Reaction score
Since TR's debut in episode 2 way back in Kanto, they've appeared in EVERY single episode, no matter how minor or how little screentime they got.

However BW16 was the first episode they did not appear at all. This is actually pretty important news as it broke history after 14 years.

I think this is the end of an era. The writers are figuring out how to write a series not only without TR in every ep, but without TR and Ash even seeing each other.

It really does seem as if the writers are gearing up to retire Team Rocket from the series by the end of Best Wishes. You can already say they barely appear in BW at all.

Does this surprise you?

Re: How do you feel knowing TR were absent in an episode for the first time in histor

I think its okay.

Re: How do you feel knowing TR were absent in an episode for the first time in histor

This is a good thing.

How do you feel knowing Ash were absent in an episode for the first time in history?

Well, yeah. TR was probably the comic relief in the episodes. Not seeing them in an episode would probably take me aback.

I ain't even mad.

I'm just happy the're part of a real, developing plot now. Of course I'll be furious if they won't be developed as characters in BW, but it's too early for that now. If BW had the same quality as DP, I would be quite sad, because in DP the Rockets were the only reason I kept watching. In BW the main characters have more charm and I enjoy watching them as much as the Rockets.

I would like to see them confront Satoshi-tachi again after the Meteorite crap is done with. (Maybe they will start to stalk Plasma-dan members?)

I don't care.

The episode would have been rushed with them in it.

I didn't even notice. o.o I wouldn't make too much of that, though. This is not over, and we still don't know where it's going.

I ain't even mad. I'm just happy the're part of a real, developing plot now

Pretty much this. It was annoying to see them shoehorned into episodes that had nothing to do with them in the past, like Gyms and Leagues.

I'm with another person here, in not even noticing. Though after remembering them at the end of the episode, I was indeed shocked about this. Maybe your right, maybe the writers really are going to end there journey and just have Ash continue on without them. I wouldn't mind though to tell you the truth, they've been kind of boring now.

Luckily I've prepared for this with my custom "Team Rocket Best Wishes Version Insert Popsicle Stick Puppets + Briefcase Accessory".

Now YOU TOO can experience the Best Wishes Team Rocket anytime you want! Simply find a scene, and place your Popsicle Stick Puppets in-front of your computer screen! Congratulations! Now you have successfully replicated a Best Wishes Team Rocket scene!

How do you feel knowing Ash were absent in an episode for the first time in history?
I don't get what point you're making here...Gliscor has a point. Team Rocket were part of the main cast prior to BW and received top billing on the cast right next to the twerps. This IS a big deal. Part of me wonders if this was partially due to the voice actors themselves?

It makes me sad too. :(

I really didn't feel anything at all. Just felt like a normal episode.

I can really see why they shut them out. There's so much they had to squeeze in the episode, TR would just really make it feel badly rushed.

Indifferent to me, although it's a bit surprising to me. It's understandable that the training and the Gym Battle need the focus more so the Team Rocket absence in this episode has to be the sacrifice. Although, I wasn't entirely sure if Aloe or anyone else already noticed this or they'll know when we reach the climax of the series. If Team Rocket were still lurking with Ash and group we can see them for at least 2 minutes of the episode.

Wonder how many more they'll do this throughout BW.

I don't get what point you're making here...Gliscor has a point. Team Rocket were part of the main cast prior to BW and received top billing on the cast right next to the twerps. This IS a big deal. Part of me wonders if this was partially due to the voice actors themselves?

His question is "How do you feel knowing TR were absent in an episode for the first time in history" and I answered it with "same as you feel for Ash".

I ain't even mad.

I'm just happy the're part of a real, developing plot now. Of course I'll be furious if they won't be developed as characters in BW, but it's too early for that now. If BW had the same quality as DP, I would be quite sad, because in DP the Rockets were the only reason I kept watching. In BW the main characters have more charm and I enjoy watching them as much as the Rockets.

I would like to see them confront Satoshi-tachi again after the Meteorite crap is done with. (Maybe they will start to stalk Plasma-dan members?)
This.

Plus, this really shows that Pokemon can survive without the TRio appearing in every single episode.

I'm fine with it, since their last appearence was badass enough for two episodes. I'm also glad that the writers don't feel the need to shoehorn them into every episode, since it will, hopefully, make their appearences seem more natural.

At first I was shocked about it, but now I can see why they were absent from the episode.

Me too. Tbh, I miss the motto.

This.

Plus, this really shows that Pokemon can survive without the TRio appearing in every single episode.

You know, before BW aired, I always thought that the TRio would never leave the show until Satoshi left/ it ended. But now I see that's not the case.

I liked not having the rockets.

They are funny and good in some episodes, but them being in every episode is just annoying.
Too bad they couldn't have missed the odd episode every now and then even sooner.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom