• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you feel when the ship you named gets widely known...?

Reaction score
As for me, I have three ships I named myself :)

BlackPrinceShipping - Touya X N X Cheren
WhitePrinceShipping - Touko X N X Bel
NaturalChromeShipping - N X Akuroma (Corless)

And surprisingly, a few people are using the ship names here and there XDD It's not all that popular, but I'm feeling lolzy proud of myself for being the creator of the ship name XDD

How do you feel when the ship you named gets widely known?

i've named so many ships, but a lot of them are crack to the extreme, so unfortunately they're not really used... ever. ;_;

some possible exceptions though:
affinityshipping (red/pikachu)
eagleshipping (archer/petrel)
godtiershipping (n/red)
heronshipping (brycen/skyla)
hesperiashipping (lucas/mars)
luxaurashipping (lucas/riley)
picassoshipping (burgh/hilda)
redorbshipping (maxie/may)
seracshipping (brycen/hilda)
tahitishipping (ben/blue eyes)
vermeershipping (burgh/hilbert)

pretty sure i've seen people use them, & i must say i'm quite proud :')
it's a "wow, i actually contributed something!!!" kind of feeling, lol

Not really as proud for some, since they're more like natural extensions of the couples themselves. For example, I named Originshipping and Isshushipping. *shrug* It's not a big deal, and I don't feel anything over the fact that, yeah, those were my choices and everyone knows and uses them. Though it also might have to do with the fact that I don't 'ship Isshu and Origin is a default ship for me: nothing to be proud over.

But it does feel good when a less-likely-to-be-popular couple you've named is getting attention, because I 'ship those like no tomorrow, but at that point, you're more happy for the couple and not really the name. Eh, maybe I've been at this too long. XD I'm more proud when when I come up with the coolest names and not if anyone is using them.

I submitted ice chandelier shipping on serebii for mamoswinexpachirisu a couple days back only time will tll.

None of the ships I've ever named are ships to get widely known or supported, so I haven't experienced it. However, I'd say it would depend on the name I gave it; if it was awful and a bit slapdash, I'd feel quite humiliated that it's the official name, especially if it was a widely known one. on the other hand, I'd feel slightly smug with a pleasant name.

I have a few. Absintheshipping (Burgh/Grimsley) is mine, as well as Appealshipping (Zoey/Dawn) and Masqueradeshipping (Lance/Will), not to mention Gleefulshipping (Emmet/Cilan).

And a whole bunch of others that only me and my friends will ever use. :U

most of mine a fairly obscure so it's unlikely they'll ever become well known but hopefully one of mine will become resonably well known eventually.

About the only people who remember the ones I named anymore are those with long memories of obscure events in the history of the shipping fandom.
Well, that, and people who get really annoyed that things like the various handships are allowed to exist. ^^;;;

Okay, well, I've named:
ActionNotWordsShipping (Wes/Hilda)
DedicatedShipping (Barry/Summer)
HitShipping (Emok/Wes)
WallflowerShipping (Emok/Rui)
DoubleBlueShipping (Blue/Blue Eyes)
SimilarLookShipping (Purple Eyes/Mewtwo)
GoldenArmorShipping (Purple Eyes/Mewtwo/Edward)
RubyEyesShipping (Solana/Red Eyes) (I think...)
EarthStrengthShipping (Arley/Regigigas)
BigIllusionShipping (Hocus/Crobat)
ControllerShipping (Edward/Mewtwo)
KristalShipping (Crystal/Kris)
JudgedShipping (Purple Eyes/Arceus) (What is my obsession with Ranger ships? Why always the Pokémon/human ones?)
SunnyBellShipping (Sunflora/Chimecho)
And I don't THINK I named it, but maybe PrimalSpacingShipping...? (Primal Dialga/Palkia) (I don't even remember ships that I may have named.)
I may have missed one or two.

Aaaaaaand I don't think anyone even supports those, let alone use their names. (Okay, HitShipping may have one fan that I know of, and I'm a guilty fan of PMD! SunnyBellShipping, and DeceitfulShipping may have been mildly supported by someone, but I don't think anyone supports my twisted Ranger Pokéhuman relationships/threesomes. Not that I support them either.
Now excuse me while I go name Edward/Purple Eyes and Edward/Mewtwo/Purple Eyes/Arceus.
Oh, and Summer/Ben/Ukelele Pichu/Murph/Prof. Hastings/Booker/Nick/Ralph/Nixie/Rand/Leanne/Nema/Burkhart/Edward/Arley/Hocus/Kasa/Blue Eyes/ Red Eyes/ Purple Eyes/Mewtwo/Arceus/Entei/Raikou/Suicune/Ho-Oh/Lugia/Pokémon Pincher (male)/Pokémon Pincher (female)/Steelhead/Latias/Latios/Tanvir/Kira/Ravio/Ellios/Sabios/Thane/Celebi/Supurna/Drowsy Guy/Go-Rock Quads.

My OT45.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom