• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • ME continues his hunt for shiny Eiscue. Will he ever move on to hunt for shiny Beldum? Watch here as to find out.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

How do you imagine your own character in the world of Pokemon?

DuskAstral

Reaction score
Name: Astral
Origin: Another World.
Appearance: Dark Skin, Long rainbow hair (with fringe covering the right eye), heterochromia (one yellow eye, one red eye), black sclera of the eyes, tattoos, pointed ears, necrosis on the right forearm
Additional information:
  • her companion is a shapeshifting raven named "Hiro"
  • Raihan's Girfriend
  • does not catch Pokémon.
  • has silver blood
  • faints at the sight of blood
  • she has magic
  • resistance to venoms and poisons
  • hand paresis

WyndonCalling

Can I steal this for our Twitter?
Reaction score
I'm going to approach this question from the non-OC/Trainersona angle, because I think in some ways that's actually more interesting. If we assume that most players inserted into this world end up with fairly typical battling skills and don't just face off against cakewalk A.I, I must confess I still think I'd be pretty good at it because I'm half-decent against human players IRL. Transposing other real life personal details, I probably do actually end up in Wyndon with a job at Macro Cosmos, or whatever passes for government in the Pokémon world.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Wait, my name is Lisia, so am I basically Lisia from ORAS? That's what I wanna be kinda...but!! I'll go with my own!

I'm from Unova but live in Sinnoh, doing the whole "teaching Unovian in Hinode" thingy. Planning on opening up a restaurant sometime once I stop my other job. I also battle on the side for money and fun, and I'm not the best at it, but people do enjoy my costumes/goth-idol dress style! I use mainly Fairy and Electric types, and often can be seen cooking pancakes and okonomiyaki with my Alolan Raichu!

Mr. MoonStone

Just your average everday moon fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I'd probably live in Nimbasa and work in Castelia City as a Pokemon researcher or something. Is there a university in Castelia? I could see myself maybe being a professor of sorts in Pokemon Biology. I'd imagine liking Pokemon battles but wouldn't actually take part in tournaments or anything too competitive. I would definitely travel a lot.

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I think I would have gone through the whole heroic Pokémon journey as a kid, but eventually the responsibilities of being champion would get to me and I’d resign. I’d go through a long phase of being a purposeless adult feeling like his best days were behind him. Sounds familiar. But eventually I’d figure something out. Couldn’t tell you that part yet.

I could see myself settling on the Village Bridge in Unova. A peaceful life surrounded by a small community and musicians sounds pretty nice.

Aulos

Sappho's Friend
Reaction score
Pronouns
She / Her
It would just be a self-insert for me. I have absolutely no creativity to create an actual character separate from myself. lol

I wouldn't have made a name for myself and likely would never battle. In reality, I'd probably find the battling to be cruel and would rather have Pokemon as pets that don't battle and thus don't get hurt or hurt anyone else.

Like IRL, I'd simply be there, a background character. Would probably be interested in history, like I am IRL. I want to say music history, but Pokemon, to my knowledge, has a very....um...empty music history. That I understand, it's pretty irrelevant to what the games are about, I suppose.

I'd probably live in Circhester, or maybe somewhere in Kalos, or maybe even Unova. Unova is the closest to where I live IRL, and is very close to where I want to move IRL (the Northeast US). But there's a big allure to the France-inspired Kalos, or the chilly Circhester (I hate warm/hot weather). Plus, being in Galar would give me access to Galarian Rapidash, which is my top favorite Pokemon.

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
honestly i don't have many considerations in the way of a sona but i feel like throughout most of legends arceus my player character was just like. poor victorian era paperboy energy only girl (papergirl? idk but you get what i mean.) and honestly i think it was extremely funny. isekai'd only instead of being cool and epic they're just one tuberculosis away from immediate death at all times

WyndonCalling

Can I steal this for our Twitter?
Reaction score
I'm going to approach this question from the non-OC/Trainersona angle, because I think in some ways that's actually more interesting. If we assume that most players inserted into this world end up with fairly typical battling skills and don't just face off against cakewalk A.I, I must confess I still think I'd be pretty good at it because I'm half-decent against human players IRL. Transposing other real life personal details, I probably do actually end up in Wyndon with a job at Macro Cosmos, or whatever passes for government in the Pokémon world.
oh yeah and I actually worked in the IRL Rose of the Rondelands so there's that too

Serverus Snope

↑ & ↓ & ↻
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd be one of those average trainers. I kinda suck at competitive battling so I'd probably get more into catching and studying wild Pokemon instead as a researcher. Who knows how the actual pokemon world would differ from their simplified games counterparts if it were a real place? How much more variation between specimens would there be, for example?

Or maybe I do a tech job but with a floating magnet cluster to help out. Or a giant single-celled organism. Or a ghost with an antenna and big fists (or its middle stage if I'm as painfully average of a trainer as I predict I would be).

Epic Spheal

Reaction score
Going to answer this using what I've created for my trainersona/self-insert. Like in real life, I would still want to become a physician and have that as my primary career, with training as more of a side hustle/outlet.

I'd envision being like the doctors on the routes you see in Unova and Galar giving free heals to trainers' Pokemon and patching the trainers up too. Ideally, I'd like to work on Victory Road or somewhere like the Wild Area in Galar. Due to that, I'd likely have a full set of badges and a full team to work in those areas safely (I'm pretty decent at battling against human opponents). I probably wouldn't have done a traditional journey (I grew up too poor for that + wanted to focus on my education to get into medical school in the first place) but perhaps did a thing where over the summer breaks, I would go out and get 1-2 badges before it's time to head back to school. Most of my Pokemon would be useful in both battle or a medical emergency setting. So Pokemon like Audino who can heal, Luxray who has X-ray vision, Swampert, and Flygon who can rescue and transport injured Pokemon from rough water, low visibility situations, Krookodile to act as a Jaws of Life substitute, and Spheal for providing warmth to hypothermic patients (as well as comfort in general).

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
My self-insert trainersona from a few years back was a Coordinator from Hearthome City, who took pride in performing in Contests and whatnot. But in real life, I would never even consider doing that, so...

If I lived in the world of Pokémon, I can see myself collecting Badges first and foremost — but I'd likely be waaay too intimidated to ever enter into a serious competition like a League conference, so for the most part, I would just mind my business. I suspect I'd end up as a Pokémon watcher, mostly quietly observing and drawing Pokemon to study them, and then using that research to help with training in my off-time.

My hometown would be Castelia City, but I'd travel between regions a lot to broaden my horizons. As a result, my partner Pokémon would be a Purrloin, but the rest of my team would vary. Porygon
a good friend to have while coding/programming
, Smeargle
to help me seek new inspiration for my art with its abstract scribbles
, Glalie
I can't stand heat... Glalie is made of ice and can freeze the air around it!
, Umbreon
I'd have an Eevee anyway, and I am a night owl, so it'd be nice to have company
, and Purugly
I'm just a cat person and I would love a big mean Purugly LOL
are some I could see myself intentionally seeking out or keeping with me.

I also get the feeling, since I'd never compete in a League myself, but the tournaments are broadcasted on TV, I'd basically be the equivalent of a super vocal sports fan. Did you see that match last night? That Nidoking didn't stand a chance against that Golem, blah blah blah... Jeanette's Bellsprout was robbed! blah blah blah...