• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you imagine your own character in the world of Pokemon?

Reaction score
Name: Astral
Origin: Another World.
Appearance: Dark Skin, Long rainbow hair (with fringe covering the right eye), heterochromia (one yellow eye, one red eye), black sclera of the eyes, tattoos, pointed ears, necrosis on the right forearm
Additional information:
  • her companion is a shapeshifting raven named "Hiro"
  • Raihan's Girfriend
  • does not catch Pokémon.
  • has silver blood
  • faints at the sight of blood
  • she has magic
  • resistance to venoms and poisons
  • hand paresis

I'm going to approach this question from the non-OC/Trainersona angle, because I think in some ways that's actually more interesting. If we assume that most players inserted into this world end up with fairly typical battling skills and don't just face off against cakewalk A.I, I must confess I still think I'd be pretty good at it because I'm half-decent against human players IRL. Transposing other real life personal details, I probably do actually end up in Wyndon with a job at Macro Cosmos, or whatever passes for government in the Pokémon world.

Wait, my name is Lisia, so am I basically Lisia from ORAS? That's what I wanna be kinda...but!! I'll go with my own!

I'm from Unova but live in Sinnoh, doing the whole "teaching Unovian in Hinode" thingy. Planning on opening up a restaurant sometime once I stop my other job. I also battle on the side for money and fun, and I'm not the best at it, but people do enjoy my costumes/goth-idol dress style! I use mainly Fairy and Electric types, and often can be seen cooking pancakes and okonomiyaki with my Alolan Raichu!

I'd probably live in Nimbasa and work in Castelia City as a Pokemon researcher or something. Is there a university in Castelia? I could see myself maybe being a professor of sorts in Pokemon Biology. I'd imagine liking Pokemon battles but wouldn't actually take part in tournaments or anything too competitive. I would definitely travel a lot.

I think I would have gone through the whole heroic Pokémon journey as a kid, but eventually the responsibilities of being champion would get to me and I’d resign. I’d go through a long phase of being a purposeless adult feeling like his best days were behind him. Sounds familiar. But eventually I’d figure something out. Couldn’t tell you that part yet.

I could see myself settling on the Village Bridge in Unova. A peaceful life surrounded by a small community and musicians sounds pretty nice.

It would just be a self-insert for me. I have absolutely no creativity to create an actual character separate from myself. lol

I wouldn't have made a name for myself and likely would never battle. In reality, I'd probably find the battling to be cruel and would rather have Pokemon as pets that don't battle and thus don't get hurt or hurt anyone else.

Like IRL, I'd simply be there, a background character. Would probably be interested in history, like I am IRL. I want to say music history, but Pokemon, to my knowledge, has a very....um...empty music history. That I understand, it's pretty irrelevant to what the games are about, I suppose.

I'd probably live in Circhester, or maybe somewhere in Kalos, or maybe even Unova. Unova is the closest to where I live IRL, and is very close to where I want to move IRL (the Northeast US). But there's a big allure to the France-inspired Kalos, or the chilly Circhester (I hate warm/hot weather). Plus, being in Galar would give me access to Galarian Rapidash, which is my top favorite Pokemon.

honestly i don't have many considerations in the way of a sona but i feel like throughout most of legends arceus my player character was just like. poor victorian era paperboy energy only girl (papergirl? idk but you get what i mean.) and honestly i think it was extremely funny. isekai'd only instead of being cool and epic they're just one tuberculosis away from immediate death at all times

I'm going to approach this question from the non-OC/Trainersona angle, because I think in some ways that's actually more interesting. If we assume that most players inserted into this world end up with fairly typical battling skills and don't just face off against cakewalk A.I, I must confess I still think I'd be pretty good at it because I'm half-decent against human players IRL. Transposing other real life personal details, I probably do actually end up in Wyndon with a job at Macro Cosmos, or whatever passes for government in the Pokémon world.
oh yeah and I actually worked in the IRL Rose of the Rondelands so there's that too

I'd be one of those average trainers. I kinda suck at competitive battling so I'd probably get more into catching and studying wild Pokemon instead as a researcher. Who knows how the actual pokemon world would differ from their simplified games counterparts if it were a real place? How much more variation between specimens would there be, for example?

Or maybe I do a tech job but with a floating magnet cluster to help out. Or a giant single-celled organism. Or a ghost with an antenna and big fists (or its middle stage if I'm as painfully average of a trainer as I predict I would be).

Going to answer this using what I've created for my trainersona/self-insert. Like in real life, I would still want to become a physician and have that as my primary career, with training as more of a side hustle/outlet.

I'd envision being like the doctors on the routes you see in Unova and Galar giving free heals to trainers' Pokemon and patching the trainers up too. Ideally, I'd like to work on Victory Road or somewhere like the Wild Area in Galar. Due to that, I'd likely have a full set of badges and a full team to work in those areas safely (I'm pretty decent at battling against human opponents). I probably wouldn't have done a traditional journey (I grew up too poor for that + wanted to focus on my education to get into medical school in the first place) but perhaps did a thing where over the summer breaks, I would go out and get 1-2 badges before it's time to head back to school. Most of my Pokemon would be useful in both battle or a medical emergency setting. So Pokemon like Audino who can heal, Luxray who has X-ray vision, Swampert, and Flygon who can rescue and transport injured Pokemon from rough water, low visibility situations, Krookodile to act as a Jaws of Life substitute, and Spheal for providing warmth to hypothermic patients (as well as comfort in general).

My self-insert trainersona from a few years back was a Coordinator from Hearthome City, who took pride in performing in Contests and whatnot. But in real life, I would never even consider doing that, so...

If I lived in the world of Pokémon, I can see myself collecting Badges first and foremost — but I'd likely be waaay too intimidated to ever enter into a serious competition like a League conference, so for the most part, I would just mind my business. I suspect I'd end up as a Pokémon watcher, mostly quietly observing and drawing Pokemon to study them, and then using that research to help with training in my off-time.

My hometown would be Castelia City, but I'd travel between regions a lot to broaden my horizons. As a result, my partner Pokémon would be a Purrloin, but the rest of my team would vary. Porygon
a good friend to have while coding/programming
, Smeargle
to help me seek new inspiration for my art with its abstract scribbles
, Glalie
I can't stand heat... Glalie is made of ice and can freeze the air around it!
, Umbreon
I'd have an Eevee anyway, and I am a night owl, so it'd be nice to have company
, and Purugly
I'm just a cat person and I would love a big mean Purugly LOL
are some I could see myself intentionally seeking out or keeping with me.

I also get the feeling, since I'd never compete in a League myself, but the tournaments are broadcasted on TV, I'd basically be the equivalent of a super vocal sports fan. Did you see that match last night? That Nidoking didn't stand a chance against that Golem, blah blah blah... Jeanette's Bellsprout was robbed! blah blah blah...

Sobblefan (insert my real name here)
I live in Alola and am being trained by Kahuna Hala
I have a team of Sobble (my partner), Inteleon, Morpeko, Snorlax, Hisuian Decidueye, and Mega Venusaur
I have all the Z Crystals, and I specialize in Snorlax’s Z Move, Pulverizing Pancake

Last edited:
In my youth I would travel the world just for the love of travelling like May from Hoenn. As an adult I would be a Pokemon ranger and a Pokeathlon trainer (if time wouldn't allow both then I would just stick with the Pokeathlon). My home town would be Lillycove or Mossdeep in Hoenn.

If Mystery Dungeon OCs are allowed, here's mine from 2020

Rowan (Yes I know there is a Professor Rowan I made this OC before I heard of him) is a lone Falink.
Yep, just one Falink, no brass, no other one to join him.

I imagine him to be pretty lonely and very clingy. He used to just sit on a bench, silently waiting for his comrades to come back. No one knows how long he been waiting, but we at least know it's been a long time.
Too long
Nowadays he's practically following anyone like a Falink does to a brass. It's getting quite annoying for the inhabitants of Oreko Town. Newcomers are suggested to leave him alone and let him be. Those who are unlucky enough to get his attention might even have him follow them for days.

Man I should really start writing that Mystery Dungeon Fanfic.

I got a ton of OCs actually... but explaining all of them right now would require a lot of energy for little interest and I am gonna be going back to sleep here in a bit. Plus they're also tied to ocs that belong to my girlfriend so I'd basically have to get a bulletin board and some string for all of you to keep track. And to this day we're still making changes to the characters so even what we have isn't fully set in stone :p

Myself in the world of pokemon though... probably would have went out on a journey like all other kids tend to do, get about one town away from home before my anxiety and aspergers set it and I ran back and proceeded to be a shut in. ...If I didn't run back sooner after losing a battle. I would likely require an emotional support pokemon if I ever did become a trainer again. Actually I'd probably require one in general. I probably would never do the gym challenge though. I'd probably do something that requires little human contact like field work for a professor that involved being in the wilderness studying pokemon or something.

Oh god I'd be a character of the day in the anime. Where Ash gets to learn that not everyone is outgoing, even adults aren't all together, and that emotional support mons are thing. I'm an after school special noooooo

If my oc, Siorc were in the Pokemon world, he'd be Pokemon Chimera, and he'd be a Chikorita Pokemera. He would transform into a Chikorita that would have his eyes instead of red eyes and freckles on his Chikorita body. He wouldn't be a Pokemon trainer, in my opinion, because he'd just... be a person who transforms into one due to his DNA. That's all I really have to say, though, I on't have my Pokemera version lore in front of me right now, it's hidden away in my dms.

Well I'd be a travelling pokemon trainer who mainly uses a lucario a venusaur 10% zygarde (acquird from zygarde studies) and feraligatr, he has travelled across the land and is researching zygarde cells to create perfect zyagrde to help sun beat the swarm of nihilego from destroying alola. he also researches the spirit world (yo kai watch) and the digital world (digimon). He is a powerful trainer who almost beat every regions championships except unovas due to N riding in on reshiram putting him in a coma only to be saved by workers 2 years later, they say my lucario kept me alive using aura and friendship

If I were a character in the Pokémon World... As I am right now, I would love living there because a lot of the things I do IRL are compatible there : I'd rather walk or take public transportation (there are few actual cars in the Pokémon World), I'd have Pokémon that would support me mentally (if IRL animals can do it, Pokémon can do it as well, and some of them would be even better at this)... As for Pokémon battle skills, I would rank myself around the equivalent of a 6th Gym Leader battle-level. Quite strong, but would lose to opponents that would go the extra mile into getting to the Pokémon League.

I'd either have at least either of these Pokémons depending on the region I'm living in : Nidoking, Espeon, Aggron, Purugly, Audino or Furfrou.

I am a Pokémon myself, one that disguises herself using Psychic abilities to fool humans and live among them. I technically "train" Pokémon, though they are actually my companions and I don't use Pokeballs. I only have four: Shiny Ninetales ["Asteria"], Umbreon [Luna], Shiny Dragonair [Taharka], and Charizard [Gevurah].

If I can, I'd be my Fakemon Serena.

index.php

If I must be a canon Pokémon, I'd be a shiny Ninetales myself which stands on two legs like Meowth.

Either way, my "companion" Ninetales is actually myself. I project an illusion of the Ninetales to experience the thrill of battle through without having to engage too closely.

Though honestly, I'm not very good at battling as a Pokémon but I wish I were. I'm better at using my Psychic abilities in non-offensive ways, like to create illusions. I do wear my own clothing in my Pokemon form, I'm not very good at projecting clothes-based illusions. My illusion abilities have weird idiosyncratic hangups like that because I often use so much Psychic power in maintaining them that I kind of run my brain dry in the details department.

My three companions are much better at battling, So I go around pretending to be a trainer to experience the thrill of actually winning a fight through them. Charizard and Dragonair don't usually follow alongside me - they are off doing their own thing until I summon them with my Psychic powers. Whereas Umbreon is a loyal friend that is basically like my adopted child - I raised her from a little Eevee.

I also live alongside a Lucario [Lunaris, symbolizing my husband's pokesona], though he isn't really one of my trainer Pokemon. He's my significant other who I help my also disguising him as a human. Because living in the wild can be harsh and we like to benefit off of human technology.

Honestly though, I'd rather live in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon world with other Pokémon in a civilization. I'd probably still live with the Lucario and Umbreon.

Last edited:
I'd be living somewhere in Galar with Azumarill, Flygon, and Jolteon, which came with me when I arrived here from a faraway region as a child. My backstory is that I ran away from home with the dream of travelling the world. Most of my income comes from defeating other trainers in battle and winning tournaments, which I'd be kind of OK at.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom