• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Do You Organize Your PC Boxes?

V20

Science!
Reaction score
Do you sort them by...
Type?
Level,
Colour?
Name?
Stats?
Nature?
Dex Number?
Moveset?
Starsign?
Favorite Food?
Political Views?
Nothing In Particular?

I know some of those are a bit ridiculous (type? colour? bah!) but how do you organize you 'mons in those little 5x6 storage compartments?

I used to sometimes organize them by region/generation and whether they were my favorites (in which case, I'd name the box something like "Wazzap," since I was really into that meme at the time), Unown, or up for trade. Don't do it anymore.

National Pokédex Number. You should see my Platinum PC, everything is by number (except for the boxes of Pokémon I want to trade or are too valuable to be mixed with the others like Shiny). I didn't do this to SoulSilver, and probably won't. But I will do it in Black.

Type - one for each, going by primary type (except in the case of Normal/Flying, or if the primary type box is full), and one for Legendaries. At the moment, since I'm going with an all-Steel team, I have all Steel-types, regardless of whether it it their Primary or Secondary type, in my first box.

Box 1 is for legendaries.
Boxes 16, 17, and 18 are for pokemon with 31 IVs.
Everything else just goes into a box.

type. i group similar ones together (eg, rock and ground), and the boxes i have left over i keep for eggs, contest pokemon, and "special" pokemon.

By objective.

In my current Leaf Green game, I've got two boxes for Pokemon I will never do anything with except offload to HeartGold (which is my homebase game for PokeDex completion). Then I have Train (for Pokemon which level up to evolve), Trade (trade evolution), Stone (stone evolution), Breed, and Party (for Pokemon I'm considering rotating into my party, or for rotation if I ever decide to play the game that way).

I go by type, mostly. Unless I can group them together like grass and poison. And then I have a box for legendaries.

I have a rather unique organization.
box 1 Pokemon in training and HM slaves
box 2 Eggs to be hatched or traded
box 3 Trading fodder
box 4 - 12 Breeding pairs
box 13 - 14 Legendary Pokemon (Used to be just one box. Damn you Game Freak)
box 15 - 16 Events
box 17 - 18 Trained Pokemon

The last two boxes are reserved for legendaries and party regulars or Pokemon I'm training.

Everything else is the just chaos.

During the main game I just leave them wherever, except I put important ones in the last box. Post-game, I put them in national dex order. I want them to be convenient to transfer when the time comes.

I've organized them through a variety of different ways in the past, ranging from National Dex numbers to Typing, but I plan on organizing my Boxes in Black version as follows:

1) Non-EV Trained Pokemon
2) EV-Trained Pokemon
3) Untrained Pokemon
4) Legendary Pokemon
5) Shiny Pokemon
6) Cherish Ball Events
7) Non-Cherish Ball Events
8) Significant Pokemon
9) Other

Not absolute yet--I'm still planning--but I don't think how I'll end up organizing them will differ too much from that.

I used to do it by type, but ever since I decided to actually try and complete the Pokédex, I have the first box for miscellaneous pokémon, like eggs, or party members, things I have to train or breed, whatever. The other (what are they, 17?) are numbered 001-030, 031-060, and so on. I try to have one of each. I have one of each of the first 151, anyway, and I think half of the rest. Starting to run out of space, though.

I pray to the pokégods Black and White have enough boxes to keep the collection on one game card.

1 box for "Legends" 1 box for "New" and then the others either by type or what they are being used for. If by type then I am forced to bunch some types together. Ghost/Dark, Rock/Ground, Psychic/Fighting, Steel/Ice, Grass/Poison are usually the ones I bunch together. There are too many water and normal pokemon so sometimes they get two boxes each.
If by what they are being used for its usually boxes such as Ev trained, In training, Teams, and then just general Boxes.

I've never done by color or anything like that, but my friend used to do it by level when he still played the games. Must have taken him hours..

By National Dex number. D8 I have a living Pokdex in Platinum. It's awesome, even if it does nothing else. OTL I might do the same thing for my US White.

Here's how I organise them:

Legendaries for that region
Pokemon team for that region
Random pokemon I caught there, in level order.

Next box -

Legendaries for that region etc.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom