• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you organize your storage boxes?

Caite-chan

Ms. Canadian Destroyer
Reaction score
With X & Y out it is easy to collect Pokemon from everywhere and in different languages. So the question is "How do you organize your boxes?"

I started in White 2 where I was putting them in boxes according to what level they were, if they were shiny, legendary or a hack from my friends. Now in X I have so many different boxes for just about everything.

I just keep them in the order that I catch them.
However I don't stick to this rigidly, if a Pokemon joins my main team, and then leaves a while after it will go to the end (as if it was new)

Do they still have that search feature where you type the name and it finds them? Or was that only in Gen 5 for trades?

Well, I put my favourites on 1st box (also goes to 2nd box too if 1st box is full) while traded Pokémon go to last box. Meanwhile, unimportant Pokémon are usually in boxes that are after first two boxes. Gaps between unimportant and traded Pokémon boxes are usually filled by hatched Pokémon.

I like to order them according to their type. I of course nickname the boxes and match the backgrounds... it requires a bit of time but it's easier for me to find the pokémon I'm looking for. Usually Grass and Water are the ones who get filled up faster!

I organize by type. I have one box for every pokemon type (In cases of dual-types, I pick the more obvious type. A Pidgeot, for example, being Normal/Flying would go in the flying box, whereas Gengar would go in the Ghost box despite being Ghost/Poison.)

After types, there's usually a lot more boxes left over, so I have one box for Legendaries, one for Pokemon I'm interested in training eventually, and finally one box labeled "New" that I always leave open so that newly-captured Pokemon go in there for easier organization. The rest of the Boxes don't usually get used unless I somehow run out of space, in which I might make a second Water box or whatever box gets filled first.

I'm holding off of my mass sorting until the pokemon bank is enabled. Until then, I have a ditto box for all of my good dittos, a box for my well bred pokemon (but not well enough), and a box for pokemon that I plan on releasing or wonder trading. All of the other pokemon are just in boxes 1 though 6.

Well, in Y I have my boxes set up like so:

Box 1-4: Normal Pokemon; ones I catch during my journey that have no special meaning
Box 5: Legendary Pokemon.
Box 6: Pokemon caught in the Friend Safari.
Box 7: Pokemon with their Hidden Ability.
Box 8: Pokemon associated with my Mega Project.
Box 9: Pokemon whom I'm currently breeding.

I usually just keep them in the order they were caught. If I move them around too much, I lose track of where I put them.

By type for the fillers and by categories for the ones I actually use (also one for pokés I store for soon-to-be training, one for shinies, one for dittos and one misc where I keep my starting-crew and HM-slaves and other stuff I might need in a hurry).

Of course, now I have too few boxes for my liking, so I'll be sending all the riff-raff to the bank.

I organize them by National Pokedex #, so the first box is #001-030, and so on. I do this regardless of whether or not I'm actually going to complete the National Pokedex. I just can't stand having them all lumped together in the order I caught them in. And then I have a few boxes at the end for shinies (even though I never find enough of them to warrant having a whole box for them), trade fodder, and a box for my team.

My first set of boxes are type based, and boxes appear generally in order of when I get a pokemon of that type. If a box fills up, I create a second box for that type and generally sort by single type dual type. Where Water 1 has all pure water types (and starters), Water 2 has my dual types. Water, Normal, and Bug are typically the only ones that have two boxes (as of my black 2). I then have Trade, Special Trade (Typically better bred pokemon or ones that I have specifically lined up for friend), Wonder Trade, Breed and Train. Train has pokemon with great IVs, and separates them from the rest of the herd. I haven't actually tried Wonder Trade yet, but when I do, I will probably keep all of my out of town pokemon in a couple boxes to help me sort for the Loto-ID.

Normal
Water 1
Water 2
Fire
Grass
Etc
Etc

Trade
Sp. Trade
W. Trade
Breed 1
Breed 2
Train

I like to order by type, and give them matching wallpapers. And I order the types alphabetically...
I also keep boxes for Pokemon that are my: Favorites, Shinies, Legendaries, or for Breeding/Catching(Dittos and mons with TWave/False Swipe).

I sort by type, and then match backgrounds, and things. That's why I get annoyed when I start with less boxes than there are types, or if I can't find a background that's just right for a specific type. Little things like that annoy me.

Also, I sort some pokemon based on the teams they're being used in, if any. My game team have their own box, and so do my main battlers.

as they get caguht, they fill a space. The mons I've on rotation are on the last box. the previous one has the dittos :)

I go after type. If it is are dual ones I organize them after their first type. Then I have a box for my team though. And in White I had one for Drilburs.

Before, I just randomly dumped my Pokémon in any box. This brought problems in that I always had trouble finding certain Pokémon I needed to withdraw. In Black 2 however I started completing the National Dex and I organized the boxes by National Dex number. It's no "Living dex" yet, but I'm planning to do the Living Dex thing in Y.

Currently in Y I mainly only caught the Kalos Pokémon during my journey, since I already caught every other Pokémon in Black 2 and just need to send them over. The Kalos Pokémon are ordered by their National Dex number. Every other Pokémon are just randomly placed in other boxes. I'm just a chaotic person I guess.

If I don't have that many Pokemon, I just keep them in the order that I caught them. If I have a lot of Pokemon, I usually organize them by type (and have one box for legendaries), but in Pokemon X I didn't do that. Instead I organized my Pokemon by:
  • Pokemon that evolve by leveling up
  • Pokemon that evolve in a different way
  • Pokemon that I have to breed (I keep my Magcargo in that box too, because it helps hatch the eggs faster)
  • Pokemon that I want to wonder trade away
  • Pokemon that I really want to keep
  • And a box for legendaries (which also has a Klefki in it just because)

By type, then other boxes for things like my main team and trades

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom