• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you plan to take out Pokemon Trainer Red(Spoilers)?

Raichu vs Pikachu
Infernape vs Venusaur
Gyarados vs Charizard
Raichu vs Blastoise
Inferanpe vs Snorlax
Raichu vs Lapras

Well, putting it like that...

Donphan Vs. Pikachu
Gengar Vs. Lapras
Gengar Vs. Blastoise
Feraligatr/Kingdra Vs. Charizard
Skarmory Vs. Venusaur
Gengar Vs. Snorlax

I'm not just referring to you, I'm referring to everyone who's mentioning such high levels (mid-high 80s and up) as when they'll even try. >_>

My apologies, I misinterpreted your post. I agree with you entirely.

Taking out Red? The strongest trainer to grace the field of battle? Simple...throw my DS at the wall...no more Red. I joke even if it was lame.I'm going to use the same team I use back in the old Silver Gameboy Color days...granted I might revamp my team now...as for my team...I have no idea what is on it atm.:uhoh:

Please note this may change.
Rhyperior Vs. Pikachu
Electabuzz ( Failed spelling )Vs. Lapras
Electabuzz Vs. Blastoise
Feraliagtr Vs. Charizard
Feraligatr Vs. Venusaur
Arcanine Vs. Snorlax

And, just for the record, my team will be: Feraligatr/Arcanine/Electabuzz/Rhyperior/Ho-oh/Exeguttor.

for one red wasn't that hard in silver or gold. i beat him with ease multiple times. if you couldn't beat him then you weren't that good.

I don't get you people who will go/have gone in with level 100 pokémon. where's the fun in that? :/ Seems like a hollow victory to me.

I always think that as well, but I always end up feeling very satisfied and pleased with myself when I take out a strong opponent using only my level 100 Mewtwo.

I'll battle him once. NOT be surprised if I fail. Shake it of write down the pkmn he has and the types. Match up the types and firgure out thier weaknesse and abilities. Find the perfect pkmn to battle them then go defeat him in the mountains! Laugh at him after and be glad it's over with!

1 Why not?
2 Team:
Typlosion
Charizard
Lugia
Ho-oh
Gyarados
Geodude
:cheers::bounce:

I don't get you people who will go/have gone in with level 100 pokémon. where's the fun in that? :/ Seems like a hollow victory to me.

As long as you trained the pokemon all the way to Lv. 100, then it seems like a legitimate victory to me. Why waste time struggling against him with six Lv. 60 and 70 Pokemon when you can beat him easily with one or two at Lv. 90 or higher? Just my opinion...

I beat him with Typhlosion, Ampharos, Snorlax, Espeon, Gyrados and Heracross all between level 52 and 55. It took a ton of Revival Herbs and Hyper Potions though. Plus I would have likely lost had Red's Venusaur hit my Typhlosion with Sleep Powder at the end since it was my last Pokemon and I had no items left. Luckily Sleep Powder missed.

I'd prefer to be more level on par with him. It'll take a while, but I'll just transfer over my signature team from Pearl and Platinum.

Well I just used 4 of my story line pokes and then use Lugia and Mewtwo as my backups and Mewtwo was just used for beating Pikachu who was SUPER SPEEDY AND PUMPED ON ATTACK!!!!

I think I'll try go on him with whatever my Pokémon's levels are when I reach that point (in other words, horribly underleveled). They're at Lv47 and Lv48 now, and I need only three more badges (Cerulean, Seafoam Islands, and Viridian).

Red made me start over my game. ;_; My pokemon were just pathetic against him. This time, I'm still using pokemon that I like, but types that will be more prepared to handle his team.

Though I've decided to to with an Earthquaking Tauros instead of an actual ground type against his Pikachu this time. Then I have Arcanine for Venusaur, Jolteon for Blastoise and Lapras, Feraligatr for Charizard, and...I'm not sure what I'll do with Snorlax. Probably teach Arcanine reversal and if that doesn't work use a combination of all my pokemon to kill it.

As long as I can take out his Pikachu with my Tododile (which I did), I'll be happy.

Gotta love my Tododile's FACT: Focus sash, Aqua tail, Critical, and Torrent.

BTW, can you fight Red again after beating him?

I'll be using Lapras, Ampharos, Gengar, Aerodactyl, Donphan, and Breloom.
I have a lot of training to do..
I think transferring a team over from another game ruins it really..

Yes, though I think you have to beat the E4 a second time for him to reappear, but I'm not sure. Nothing changes from the first time though.

This is correct. Every time you battle the elite he reappears.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom