• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you play in-game

I use a somewhat elementally balanced team, so very few types not covered, but I choose based on design and move-pool. I've never chosen a Fire starter despite them usually being a wiser decision competitively (just look at Blaziken and his godly hidden ability) just because not a single one has appealed to me.

And I never box my starter, even if it's redundant. I have a Chikorita, Wooper, Pidgey and Mareep right now in HG.

I use the pokemon I like and try to get as many elements into my team for my
moves as I can.

I would pick Pokemon in my first run that seem interesting. Then on my second run, I would try to make a solid outfit in which I can cover all bases, so I would be more open to other Pokemon.

I try to have
1 - Flying
1 - Water
1 - Grass
1 - Poison
1 - Electric
1 - Ground

Although some will overlap and some choices will change but more or less that's the template I try with attacks to cover all bases as well.

Oh, how I miss the in-game. I might pick up a copy of black or heart gold for the sake of resarting without losing progresses.

Although I try to cover all the bases, I usually end up going with a team of my faves. One Pokemon you will always find on my team is Golurk. The big lug's going to be there, no matter what. As a general rule, I don't EV train my team, the only exception being Golett and Golurk. If I'm bonding with either one, they get EV trained. I do everything I can to bring out their inner power.

Yes, I have spoiled Automatons and I am proud of that fact. :crush:

I have every single game since Gen III, in the games with three versions (RSE/DPPt) I pick the different starters each time (For BWB2W2 I will re-use one), and I try not to repeat the same Pokemon in any of my games, some have been repeated 2 or 3 times, but I try as much to keep it down.

I usually play with my favorites and figure it out from there. For example, since Gardevoir's my top favorite Pokemon, I always end up using her if Ralts is available to be caught during the journey in-game.

The very first team I had in Black version was made up as I went along, since I didn't spoil myself to the Pokemon or anything in there (the only 4 Pokemon I knew of were Zorua, Zoroark, Reshiram, and Zekrom). I made some mistakes with the team along the way, as is to be expected with a new gen, but I eventually found my niche with Samurott, Zoroark, Chandelure, Lilligant, Reshiram (because I had to use him, later on replaced it with Gardevoir), and one other one who I can't remember right now.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom