• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you take care of breed leftovers?

How do you take care of breed leftovers?

• Release them

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Wonder Trade them

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Organize trades/giveaways between friends or communities

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Put them in Pokemon Bank for now and think later

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Other option

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Probably everyone has at least experienced breeding pokemon once for shinies (Masuda Method), good IVs, egg moves, and other reasons.

After you get the pokemon you wanted, how do you take care of the breed leftovers?

I shove them in a box at the end (Box 31?) and go back ie, 30 next then 29.
THen just use them for trades. Might just start releasing soon as its getting a bit blocked up.

I usually just wonder trade them all but if they have useful abilities or good IVs I will offer them on the forums for free first.

I usually decide whether to release or Wonder Trade. It depends on the breeding project.

I always either Wonder Trade them or use the GTS so I get a specific Pokemon I don't have. I feel some kind of satisfaction knowing that someone will be raising the Pokemon I hatched, whereas simply releasing them doesn't really reward me in any way. So, in short, I trade them away if I know I am not going to use them.

(Wonder) Trade the ones with 4 IVs, release the rest.

I have a couple of boxes labeled "Wonder Bait," where I put all my breeding dumps up to 4IVs. Any extra 5IVs or shinies I get go into my "Negotiables" box for trading.

If they have 4 IVs or less I just release them. 5 Ivs I either put on the GTS to trade or I wonder trade those off. 6 IVs are mine!

I wonder trade them. They always have at least 4 IVs, so I figure someone can get some use out of them. Plus, it gets me more trainer IDs for the Loto-ID.

Release anything below 3 ivs, wonder trade 4-5 iv mons of i'm feeling like it (usually on WTW's), and offering them for trade here in the forums :p

I usually do the 'reset method' (reject 1st egg, collect 5 eggs, hatch them, if get nothing I want - soft-reset), so I rarely have leftovers. :p

I once have a box of 5IVs Scatterbugs though, which I used to get legends. It's amazing how those little worms sell.

I usually have a 'crap' box. I can use such Pokemon when transfering Pokemon between games. When the box is full, I start releasing Pokemon. In XY, I trade them online, unless they are utterly useless (I don't want to spam the trade :) ).

Depends really, if they suck they either get released or Wonder Traded but if they're good or just have the wrong ability like not a HA ability I'll organize trades.

Hmmmm....maybe released or wonder trade sounds normal. I don't usually trade though

I Wonder Trade them. I like the surprise and the Poke Miles. I've received some good things from Wonder Trade, including a few shinies. O.O

I release most of mine but sometimes I Wonder Trade them. Route 7 should be overflowing with my non-shiny Pokémon xD

I usually decide whether to release or Wonder Trade. It depends on the breeding project.
My philosophy is a bit similar but it depends on the species.

Really good 3+IV Pokemon are kept. Others are Wonder Traded. But if it happens to be an Automaton, it's kept, no matter how crappy the stats, Nature or Ability. I created them, so I keep them. And yes, I do have the makings of a robot army, if you must ask. :rolleyes:

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom