• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you take care of breed leftovers?

How do you take care of breed leftovers?

• Release them

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Wonder Trade them

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Organize trades/giveaways between friends or communities

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Put them in Pokemon Bank for now and think later

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Other option

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
My philosophy is a bit similar but it depends on the species.

Really good 3+IV Pokemon are kept. Others are Wonder Traded. But if it happens to be an Automaton, it's kept, no matter how crappy the stats, Nature or Ability. I created them, so I keep them. And yes, I do have the makings of a robot army, if you must ask. :rolleyes:

When I start breeding them, I'll be sure to send my leftovers your way, as long as I have protection from the robot army.

As for me, I simply wonder trade my leftovers, but as I just said, when I breed Golett, leftovers are going to Silverwynde.

I just wondertrade everything. Its really fun to fill a box with leftovers and then give them away like puppies.

I mostly Wonder Trade them unless I have something I know would be useful to someone else in which case I offer it to people I know.

Before, I would keep them. But with my Bank being like 60 boxes full, I've started Wonder Trading.

I usually Wonder Trade the little guys off if they've got good enough stats that someone else may find them useful (at least 4IVs). Otherwise, I release them (and no, I don't mean like in The Giver; they're safe and free). Recently, I've had to release a bunch of other Pokemon just to make space for breeding leftovers, and I've had to get rid of a lot of my extra's from breeding, too since I'm running low on box space, period.

Wonder Trading is a good way to perhaps not waste ones that are well bred, but it doesn't give you any free space in your PC, since whatever you trade just gets replaced by something else taking up space (and it's usually early route sh*t, that, on the plus side, does make for nice cloning fodder). I also feel bad giving someone something well bred without a nickname, so I've had to start having to worry about thinking up decent nicknames for the Pokemon I trade off, which is that much more of a hassle, so, as bad as it sounds, releasing them just tends to be easier.

I either release or trade them here on the forums. I find Wonder Trading to be quite time consuming and I figure most of what I'm sending out are going to little kids who probably won't appreciate their IVs. Not to mention I usually find myself getting Luvdisc and Bidoof whenever I decide to be nice a trade something good.

Meh. I'm sour. xd

Anything that has 4 IV's or less, I release (unless it's a special ball female). 5IV Flawless ones, I keep and sometimes trade them to others who want them and I'm actually planning to make a thread on the Trading Station to offer my collected flawless mons there. The 5IV ones with wrong spreads are nicknamed then either gets Wonder Traded or goes to the GTS.

I save the very best ones. If I've got a couple of 6IVers, I might keep one aside for my brother, who doesn't have a 6th Gen game yet - he's got a Misdreavus waiting for him whenever he gets with the times. I hang onto pokemon with 0 speed, too, because that might become useful in a later chain. The rest get Wonder Traded, though. If it weren't for Wonder Trade, I might not have started breeding for IVs at all, but as it's a lot easier, as I keep receiving 4IV and 5IV pokemon, and as imperfect attempts are still a ticket to the pokémon lottery, it seems ridiculous not to. I am overdoing it, though. Takes ages, and I spend more time breeding than battling. I'm working on getting a 6IV male pokemon for each egg group, to start speeding things up.

I wonder trade almost all of the Pokemon I breed because I get more Pokemiles and trainer IDs for the lottery that way, it might make someone else happy, and there's a chance I could get something nice too. The only exception is that I don't wonder trade a Pokemon if it's something that's already really common on wonder trade.

Actually they are just in my box. Now that I want to be generous, I'm thinking of giving them away. Hmm..good idea.

Last edited:
I sometimes wondertrade them, but I usually don't have enough patience for that kind of thing. Most of those leftovers end up released, unless they have "outstanding" potential.

My philosophy is a bit similar but it depends on the species.

Really good 3+IV Pokemon are kept. Others are Wonder Traded. But if it happens to be an Automaton, it's kept, no matter how crappy the stats, Nature or Ability. I created them, so I keep them. And yes, I do have the makings of a robot army, if you must ask. :rolleyes:

When I start breeding them, I'll be sure to send my leftovers your way, as long as I have protection from the robot army.

As for me, I simply wonder trade my leftovers, but as I just said, when I breed Golett, leftovers are going to Silverwynde.
I will certainly take the little guys. I love getting leftovers. They can be pretty useful. :)

Which is why I love Wonder Trade; I've gotten some really good leftovers via Wonder Trade and some have been very useful. My Mega Blaziken came from a Wonder Trade and he's been one of the heavy lifters on my Battle Maison team.

But Wonder Trading seems a bit more humane than kicking them out. Yeah, I know it's just data but still. =/

I Wonder Trade off 3Vs at the least, because 2V and below aren't even worth WT'ing. XD

But yeah, I might as well get Poké Miles and maybe some good breeding parents for my leftovers.

I tend to Wonder Trade them. Gotta get those PokeMiles somehow. However, I only do so for the worthwhile ones, like those with Egg Moves, Hidden Abilities and the like. Any of the others go to the Pokemon Bank. I try to be nice on what I give out on the Wonder Trade. Sure, I'll get a Bunnelby or Fletchling every now and then, but I try to be the nice guy and give something of interest.

These days, I release Pokémon as I go along. For example, if I'm trying to breed a Pokémon with good IVs, I'll usually have only Talonflame in my party, get 5 eggs and hatch all of them. Any of them that are immediately identifiable as being no good, I release. Any that might be suspect, I keep in my party. Then I collect more eggs and repeat (with a lower number of eggs each time, to reflect my increased party size) until I have 5 "suspect babies". Then, I have a closer look at their IVs and either release, or swap out with the current parents until I receive a Pokémon with the IVs I desire.

I just toss them all in the bank and then magically get free BP from them.

I sorta have this dark, creepy image in my mind of all the rejected charmander and larvitar just working in a dark factory for all eternity just so I can get a few bp whenever I feel like checking in.

But not to worry, I plan to add some Lapras to the mix. They can all handle the crane xD

I am just a horrible person.

But yeah I would wondertrade them if the interface were more friendly towards doing so on such a massive scale but right now it just takes too long and I've had horrible luck with WT anyway.

Most of the Pokémon I breed are for egg moves, right natures or specific (usually hidden) abilities and only since March have I been breeding for IVs so I normally store my Pokémon in Bank until I see that someone (online or locally) wants something that I have bred.

Just got into breeding myself. <3IVs I release. 3-4IVs I wonder trade away. My 5IV leftovers I plan to either trade or give away.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom