• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

how do you think magearna was created?

shadowcelebi

Reaction score
so i been wondering...since magearna was created around 500 years ago, which assuming that the pokemon universe takes place in the same year as ours, would mean magearna was made in the early 1500s, how do you people think she was created despite the fact that there was no electricity or even steam power at that time to make robots? let me know on what you people think cause i'm curious to hear what you have to say about the creation of magearna. i know its controlled by some artificial soul but still, thats quite impressive how someone was able to pull that off right after medieval times.

Magearna's an automaton. Meaning she's closer to a wind up doll than a robot. DaVinci might have even made one back in the 1400s so the timeline works out.

The artificial soul could either be some artificial ghost Pokémon made specifically to inhabit the shell, or it could be that it's soul is the clock work mechanisms inside. Either one could work given the lore Pokémon has.

Magearna's an automaton. Meaning she's closer to a wind up doll than a robot. DaVinci might have even made one back in the 1400s so the timeline works out.

The artificial soul could either be some artificial ghost Pokémon made specifically to inhabit the shell, or it could be that it's soul is the clock work mechanisms inside. Either one could work given the lore Pokémon has.
i see. but what interests me more is how this pokemon can learn manaphy's exclusive move heart swap. somehow this creator managed to have her capable of learning the move, although possibly at a lesser extent since she learns it at a later level compared to manaphy's. even though we never see magearna's version in action in the anime nor is it ever explained. but that move is forgotten by game freak and likely the pokemon company so...we'll never know how exactly she manages to learn it.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom