• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

how do you think moves look?

jcogginsa

Reaction score
what do you think the various moves in the games would look like?

for example, i see aquatail as the pokemon growing a tail made of water , then hitting the opponent with it

I see similar things.

For bubblebeam, I see a beam of bubbles being emitted from the Pokemon's eyes

For Aquatail, I always imagined water encasing their tail, not becoming it.

I thought that bubble beam was from their mouths or....cheeks I guess.... Like pikachu.....Sorta maybe-ish....

Since I've seen Spacial Rend in the anime, I always imagine it being animated in a similar way instead making actual contact with the opponent.

I see Aqua Tail as them slashing their tail at you and a wave forms around it.

Leaf Blade, the blades grow and green beams can shoot out of them.

Return, the user glows red and hearts shoot out of their body. Frustration, same thing but with X's in place of hearts.

The anime writers come up with their own ideas of what they should look like. Doesn't mean it's canon to the games.

Most notably: Volt Tackle. The way the anime animates it makes absolutely no sense. It's from one of GF's old games (and before that, somewhere else) and it looks nothing like that. Brawl got it right - the user turns into a ball of light/electricity.

For Thunder bolt, I see the pokemon's eyes glowing, and commanindg thunde to come out from the sky.

For Dark Pulse, I imagin the pokemon shooting a dark, array of energy at the opponent.

For aqua tail iv allwese seen the pokemons tail glowing blue and then they hitting the foe with it.

I always imagined thunderbolt just as the anime shows it. Probably because the anime is the first thing Pokemon I ever got into.

I imagine Aqua Tail as the tail becoming encased in water and the Pokemon hits the opponent with it.

Aqua Ring I imagine 6 rings of crystal clear water surrounding the Pokemon in a ball and then disappearing. It then reappears every turn.

I imagine Sucker Punch as sneaking up from behind and punching the opponent.

I imagine Aqua Tail as the tail becoming encased in water and the Pokemon hits the opponent with it.

Aqua Ring I imagine 6 rings of crystal clear water surrounding the Pokemon in a ball and then disappearing. It then reappears every turn.

I imagine Sucker Punch as sneaking up from behind and punching the opponent.

I imagine that too, except for the punching thing from Sucker Punch. I also think that the beam-like moves come from the mouth or the general mouth area and that Earthquake is done by the pokemon jumping up and down really hard, as silly as it probably looks.

I picture Sacred Fire to lool like it does in Super Smash Bros. Awesome.

I've always envisioned thunder wave looking like some sort of sonic boom or clear ring that is fired at the opponent, and once it touches them they get shocked and paralyzed. The anime seems to dictate otherwise, though. It just looks like a blue version of thunderbolt. :/

For Encore, I've also envisioned it as a pokemon clapping its hands, and then a "magic" spotlight appears over the victim's head, which makes their eyes glow and cause them to repeat the same moves. But ONCE AGAIN, the anime...

For Pursuit, I imagine the user using some sort of quick-attack-like move, and striking the foe as the red "return" beam dissolves them, which hurts them as soon as they are sent back to their balls.

Outrage looks like a big fiery ball that the user is trapped in, and then flies straight at the opponent.
Dragon Claw's the user's claws being entwined in the feiry energy and then just slashing.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom