• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you think they will end the Team Rocket subplot?

Somari

Reaction score
I doubt they will drop the Rocket's anytime soon. They could do it at the end of the fifth gen, but I presume they'll stick for the long run.

They could have ended it around gen 2, but I suppose they were still developing what they wanted to do with the series at the time.

I presume it'll end in a similar way to the games. Ash has not fought Giovanni, right?

You mean the subplot involving their sudden surge in power? I have a feeling they'll just go back to status quo at the end of BW.

I think the team as a whole will eventually break up, but not until the end of the SERIES. Not the BW series, but the ENTIRE show.

It does that this season will be the season where Satoshi battles Giovanni finally... Maybe, in the heat of battle, JJM will sacrifice themselves to protect Satoshi and the others after having a major contemplation of whether they should go against the boss or do what they is right??

Satoshi and Pikachu, thoroughly confused, will fight Giovanni to the bitter, not wanting to make thier sacrifice for nothing...

And then I wake up... Because I doubt Team Rocket will ever have a finale... But if they did, I hope it's extremely dramatic.

Ash, his friends, and other aditions will stop both team plasma and team rocket assuming their plot goes somewhere just they did with Galactic and Aqua/Magma.

Well, one thing is for sure, Giovanni has a plan now for the team:

He says more than once in Japanese that all's going to accord to plan... And I'm not sure but I do think I did hear him say Satoshi's name once... I'm thinking he wants to use team rocket to get Ash to awaken one of the legendary pokemon of that region...

And I'm not sure but I do think I did hear him say Satoshi's name once... I'm thinking he wants to use team rocket to get Ash to awaken one of the legendary pokemon of that region...
Erm... he didn't ^^; Besides, how could he use his name if he even doesn't know, who Satoshi is? The only time he met him was in "Mewtwo Returns" and he had his memory erased after it...

Sakaki isn't sure himself how Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu will do on their new mission. He told them to catch rare and powerful Pokemon in order to take control of the region and consequently, the world, but he also has a hidden motive. He said that "their movements may stimulate the unidentified organisation of Isshu region to start to move too".

Therefore, he really uses them as a bait for Team Plasma.

If you're talking about Best Wishes, then it with N's castle rising above engulfing the Rocket base completely. Then we proceed to end Plasma's Subplot.

It seems that Giovanni has finally found a legitimate use for Jessie, James and Meowth. He must think that while they're terrible at obtaining rare Pokémon themselves, they do manage to bring down potential competition (even though technically, it's Ash and friends who manage to foil their evil plots) Team Rocket just take the credit.

Or at least that's what I think.

It seems that Giovanni has finally found a legitimate use for Jessie, James and Meowth. He must think that while they're terrible at obtaining rare Pokémon themselves, they do manage to bring down potential competition (even though technically, it's Ash and friends who manage to foil their evil plots) Team Rocket just take the credit.

Or at least that's what I think.
Sakaki isn't sure himself how Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu will do on their new mission. He told them to catch rare and powerful Pokemon in order to take control of the region and consequently, the world, but he also has a hidden motive. He said that "their movements may stimulate the unidentified organisation of Isshu region to start to move too".

Therefore, he really uses them as a bait for Team Plasma.

It might be that too. Since we didn't have any confirmation on the entire organization's role in BW, so it might be too soon to judge on their effect on the series.

Since there is no contests now, so the possibility that the TRio become stars is gone. I guess they will eventually be arrested like Team Galactic together with the important members of TR.

No need to end anything. Team Rocket in the anime is much more important part of the series than in games to just wipe them out.

I think Team's role will be revealed in Plasma final. Basically, they will help the protagonists in destroying Team Plasma, just like they did with Team Galactic. After all, the Trio was promoted because of fighting Team Galactic, and Giovanni's secretary said that they are "good for the new mission"... of destroying Team Plasma, of course.

I would wish for the massive Team Rocket invasion on Isshu region. But maybe this is being kept for some sort of series' grand final. And before the invasion may start, Ash and the Trio will have to fight and destroy the other rival Teams from all of the regions they travel in.

What with Sakaki's "I hate Plasma!!1!" plan, it does feel like for once in its sorry existence TR-the-whole-organisation will actually do something in BW and could therefore be disbanded. For the first time since the series started, I feel like they have a chance to end it.

However, whether or not that will actually happen is questionable.

No need to end anything. Team Rocket in the anime is much more important part of the series than in games to just wipe them out.

I think Team's role will be revealed in Plasma final. Basically, they will help the protagonists in destroying Team Plasma, just like they did with Team Galactic. After all, the Trio was promoted because of fighting Team Galactic, and Giovanni's secretary said that they are "good for the new mission"... of destroying Team Plasma, of course.

I would wish for the massive Team Rocket invasion on Isshu region. But maybe this is being kept for some sort of series' grand final. And before the invasion may start, Ash and the Trio will have to fight and destroy the other rival Teams from all of the regions they travel in.

Now that I think of it, It most likely never happened. The general interest in the Team Rocket organization is faded after their big flop in Joutoh saga, so it was best that they stay hidden till the every end. This is about Jessie, James and Meowth as far as we are concerned, while all of the Rocket organization expect for Giovanni is forgotten.

So in other words, Team Rocket is already done with. The promotion that JJM got is for their new purpose: to delete all of the rival organizations across the world. Jessie, James, Meowth and Giovanni is all that left of them in terms of role and screentime.

ii kanji said:
What with Sakaki's "I hate Plasma!!1!" plan, it does feel like for once in its sorry existence TR-the-whole-organisation will actually do something in BW and could therefore be disbanded. For the first time since the series started, I feel like they have a chance to end it.

However, whether or not that will actually happen is questionable.
He doesn't jate them for now. TR has to reveal Plasma first. Then think about the destruction.

And stop disbanding Team Rocket! :-D We have games for this.

Dr. Mecha said:
Now that I think of it, It most likely never happened. The general interest in the Team Rocket organization is faded after their big flop in Joutoh saga, so it was best that they stay hidden till the every end. This is about Jessie, James and Meowth as far as we are concerned, while all of the Rocket organization expect for Giovanni is forgotten.

So in other words, Team Rocket is already done with. The promotion that JJM got is for their new purpose: to delete all of the rival organizations across the world. Jessie, James, Meowth and Giovanni is all that left of them in terms of role and screentime.
Maybe... But defeating other Teams just for the sake of it is not very interesting. There must be a purpose.

Maybe... But defeating other Teams just for the sake of it is not very interesting. There must be a purpose.

That's probably the only purpose as far as the plot goes. Disbanding them means getting rid of Rocket Trio, which is bad. Getting the whole organization involved might further complicate to plot too much for the younger viewers, and might get in the way of the other team's plot. That's the only thing they have left too do since Team Rocket no longer exist in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom