• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you want the new song for Rica Matsumoto in Shield and Sword Season?

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I did wrote about the songs of the anime in few thread and in few post but i didn't saw any post that show me that you really love the songs. So i hope i am wrong so i did this thread to ask about you hope for new season song from Rika Matsumoto?

I did heard alola by english version and japanese version bpth are funny and i really loved the best wish song XYZ is one of the best. The orange season song is great also. The first song op of jhoto and the third op are great also which are about OK and kaze wo kanjite daiji kyo wa wase ready go. First op in Xy is good and i love first version of sukoshi zutsu dakedo taipou wairudo, the four ops in diamond pearl, the makenai which is the haruka song and so on. I do love the op number 2 in sun moon which is about ultra beast oooh let's go mirai connection song which is the best and the singer in adventure is funny also which he song in gari boy gari girl, our adventure and in first ending. The best in sun moom is the op no.2 then op no.1.

So, in this thread so how do you want the new OP by Rica Matsumoto?

A. Do you want it like Romance Song theme?

B. Do you want it like XYZ or Roc Songs?

C. Do you the music is fine?

D. Do you want it like dance interesting and the voice of music similar to Rap Songs?

E. Do you want it by another singer? Do you want it like xy op 1 or like mirai connection?

F and finally. Or different this time?

Last edited:
Rica has sung the best Pokemon opening theme songs imo, so I'd love to see her sing the first SuMo opening. The lyrics are bound to be full of cliches since this is a shonen/kidomo anime, but as for the style of music, I'd want flamenco guitars and harpsichords. Maybe some trap beats in there too because yolo.

I really hope she sings the new OP. Something emotional that rocks would be great, like Battle Frontier. I do think it's odd that she didn't sing the new version of Type: Wild though. They didn't get a new singer for MPM 20th anniversary version.

Getting Naomi Tamura in to do some songs would be a dream come true though. She did "Ready Go" and "A new Oath" from Legend of Thunder.

Since the show is going to be called "Pocket Monsters" again, maybe a song that is similar to Aim to be a Pokémon Master tonally.

Probably I'll go for E and B since I want to see that a new singer for the show would make the Sword and Shield will have a particular feel to it that could fit the overall anime pretty well and the setting for it. For B I would like rock songs in the animal since it would put a lot of energy feel to it. That can also fit the overall tone with the Sword and Shield anime.

RICA MATSUMOTO Dissapeered from pokemons song sense the first song of sun and moon

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom