• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Does Bulbagarden Stack Up With the Rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

Reader and Writer
Reaction score
Okay, I don't know if this is against the rules for asking, and I apologize if it is, but:

Where does Bulbagarden really stack up against the other major Pokemon fan communities. To me, it seems like we should be pretty high up there in terms of quality, quantity of members and reputation. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I've only made breif visits to Serebii and PokeCommunity, and always ended up coming back here because it was the best IMO.

But I was just curious where we stand among all Pokemon fan communities in terms of size and quality. Are we among the biggest communities? And is our content better than everyone's??

I'm just curious since I imagine this place to be among the best. We have it all: News, an ecyclopedia/wiki, tournaments, discussion, amazing collection of fan fiction written by in-house authors, awesome array of art, an arcade, live chat, etc. I think we are the best, no?

Bulbagarden is the best at everything but IRC Chat.

Not because it sucks, just because Serebii is more popular for somke reason!

I must say, I tried Serebii and absolutely hated it. Bulbagarden is tops as far as I'm concerned.

serebii seems to get news faster and picks up on the little things that bulbapedia misses ie. secondary abilities

I've been on tons of Pokemon fansites, but this is by far the best. I'd say Serebii is more popular/well known than Bulbagarden, but that's not always a good thing. A lot of young kids will go to Serebii's forums before they find any others, and they can sometimes be a bit immature - no offense to younger members! It's like the Pokemon forums on FF - I visit the top one and the fourth/fifth one; the top is always getting visited by people who don't have very much experience with the forum environment and is therefore a lot more chaotic than the other one.

Most people know about Bulbapedia, but they know Serebii as a whole. They seem to like Serebii for news, but Bulbapedia for information.

Now, Bulbagarden as a whole seems to be a bit less known. at least from my experience.

Most people know about Bulbapedia, but they know Serebii as a whole. They seem to like Serebii for news, but Bulbapedia for information.

Now, Bulbagarden as a whole seems to be a bit less known. at least from my experience.

Bulbanews even less. I have to say "Bulbapedia's news site".

Most people know Bulbapedia. The rest of Bulbagarden... hahahahahahaha. You know how many threads we've gotten, how many posts have been made, about the rest of the damn forum here in this one? TOO. FREAKIN. MANY.

To be fair, we get 90% of the site's traffic, or more, on any given day.

I use here for references like checking types and attacks and stuff, but I use serebii and pokebeach for new and that kind of stuff,

I've been to Serebii once or twice. Bulbagarden's pretty much the only one I ever visit. It's clear, consise, and accurate.

I wish you were a little quicker on the trigger for new Gen. V Pokemon, though.

Gotta take things slow. Our unofficial rule is that we don't mainspace a species page until we have Sugimori art, types, and most importantly, a name.

I find bulbagarden one of the most complete pokemon websites, but till visit pokebeach for the quick news (but bulbanews are more acurrate) and serebii for episode pics and some other random things(I hope I dont start a flame war)

I use both. I'd say I end up checking Serebii for news out of habit, but I look here for news too (mainly for stuff like On the Origin of Species). But Serebii's Pokedex is a great resource that I use frequently. I also like Pokearth as well. But I love reading the in-depth articles on Bulbapedia.

I find bulbagarden one of the most complete pokemon websites, but till visit pokebeach for the quick news (but bulbanews are more acurrate) and serebii for episode pics and some other random things(I hope I dont start a flame war)
i wanted to keep my nose out of this and just listen to the fans (in the hopes of imporoving your experience) but i wanted to quote this because Serebii uses small low quality JPGs to my knowledge (this may have changed since i was last there, which was a while ago as i never visit that site). we always use high quality images. however, we wont be keeping a lot of images per episode, ever. for that sort of thing, i believe Filb.de does that (its where i got the pic in my sig) but the site is German, so it may be difficult to navigate.

I don't really like Serebii. Aside from heavy lag(which occurs FAR more often than 503s, even at their peak), the people there are generally assholes and the staff are no better. Then again, I could probably apply that last part to Smogon, but I REALLY don't want to talk about them.

I use Serebii a good lot actually. They post news a little faster (Though I have seen Bulba actually get the news up earlier). I think the main reason why I use Serebii instead of Pedia is that the pedia is a bit slower. I also think that is why other people use Serebii more.

The forums are another matter. Since 2007, I have been here fer everything.

I don't really like Serebii. Aside from heavy lag(which occurs FAR more often than 503s, even at their peak), the people there are generally assholes and the staff are no better. Then again, I could probably apply that last part to Smogon, but I REALLY don't want to talk about them.

While Bulbapedia isn't completely free of jerks, I have to agree with ya there. There isn't much friendly discussion ever on Serebii. I haven't been here long, but there seems to be less tension. 'Course, I might not be looking in the right threads.

Try not to call people names like that.

And what's so wrong about Smogon? (That's a genuine question. Considering that I've never been to their forums, I would not know a thing about it.)

Personally, I use Bulbapedia for most information because I prefer quality (and appearance!) over speed. But for the newest stuff, I go to PokeBeach. Never Serebii.

While Bulbapedia isn't completely free of jerks, I have to agree with ya there. There isn't much friendly discussion ever on Serebii. I haven't been here long, but there seems to be less tension. 'Course, I might not be looking in the right threads.

Haven't been there except for the Fan Fiction forums, so I wouldn't know about that. Their Fan Fiction forums seem friendly enough. But there is definitely more tension, even if the discussion is cool (as in temperature-wise, not the "hip" kind of cool).

Also, Bulbagarden, not Bulbapedia. There are more jerks on Bulbapedia, but they're dealt with by having their edits reverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom