• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters How excited are you for Pokemon Masters?

Reaction score
With August 29 (the suspected release date thanks to the iOS App Store) fast approaching, are you excited for Pokemon Masters? Have you already pre-registered for the game? Are you compulsively checking if it's available every single day? Could you not care any less?

Personally I'll play it but I have a habit of losing interest in mobile games quickly.

I'm honestly more excited for it than I am Pocket Monsters Sword and Shield, if only for the characterinteraction fanservice, although I'm decently looking forward to those too (I'm just looking a lot more forward to other games that take my priority in excitement like Shenmue III, Atelier Ryza, and whatnot).

Last edited:
I am quite excited for Pokémon Masters. More excited than for SwSh.

Last edited:
I'm already playing (guess how) and enjoying it. I wouldn't say that I'm excited, though. I wish the interactions and movesets were more varied.

It's a fun game that can fill the void if you aren't interested in SwSh, or even if you're just bored while waiting for them. There is absolutely no excuse not to try it if you have a suitable device and live in the right country.

So so, the fact that the starter is a certain annoying Pokémon and that with the exception of Go and Super Mario Run no Nintendo mobile game has reached my country makes me kinda wary of it.
I take it you can't pre-register?

I don't really know much of what it's about, but instantaneously it being a mobile title is a large red flag to me. I've played a few mobile titles, and they are all shallow and repetitious. Even worse, they turn into gambling games where people spend outrageous amounts of real money in hopes to get something that they likely won't even get.

I haven't seen enough about this game to know whether it is going down that direction, but it is a mobile game and don't think that Nintendo is above that, as they did it with both Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and Fire Emblem Heroes. Pocket Camp, in particular, started out very innocent, but boy did they change that in time.

How excited are you for Pokemon Masters?

Image result for well i'm not gif

The game looks bland af. If I want to battle, I'll just play the core games.

So so, the fact that the starter is a certain annoying Pokémon and that with the exception of Go and Super Mario Run no Nintendo mobile game has reached my country makes me kinda wary of it.
Exactly. Pikachu has to be replaced.

If we get to see characters interact with each other, I'll be content. But if the interactions are just surface-level "let's team up" or "we did it guys" and nothing else, I'll probably drop it pretty quickly.

I'll probably be hyped for all the new costumes though, regardless of whether I'm playing this game or not. Brock looked super cool in his alt, and I'm hoping all the others will too.

I downloaded it launch night, and it's been pretty okay so far. I wasn't too hyped up for it, but others were talking about it a fair amount, so I figured I'd give it a chance so I'd have a new game to play on my phone and all at night. Unfortunately, I haven't been too interested in it. It's probably just going to be something I play to pass the time.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom