• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How fast are pokemon

Mythicalzoe

Reaction score
If pidgeot is MACH 2 then ninjask must be ridiculously fast
I believe most pokemon are at least hypersonic and some like ninjask are high hypersonic

If pidgeot is MACH 2 then ninjask must be ridiculously fast
I believe most pokemon are at least hypersonic and some like ninjask are high hypersonic

I know right! but I think that Electric-types are the most agile by far, many of them move at the speed of lighning or greater, especially Zebstrika! :D

Edit: oh yeah, and i think Reshiram should be able to move at insanely fast speeds, since its tail is a rocket :)

Last edited:

You do realize how fast that is?

High hypersonic is:

Mach 10.0-25.0
7,680-16,250 MPH
12,300-30,740 KMH

At those speeds, friction heating quickly becomes a serious issue. Real life hypersonic craft have to cope with friction heating issues and they deal with it by using exotic ceramics that can withstand temperatures capable of softening or melting steel. Ninjask would probably burn itself up trying to even approach those speeds.

Ninjask can probably reach speeds equal to a WWII jet plane (~500 mph). I have Dragonite capable of supercruise (at Mach 1.5) and Pidgeot capable of hitting Mach 2 in a short burst.

If you believe the 'Dex, Golurk can fly at Mach speeds. The big guy can probably hit around Mach 2--which is a bit weird, when you think about it. (Slow on the ground, speedy as heck in the air. Kinda weird if you ask me.)

Perhaps it's saying that Pigeot can reach mach 2 in bursts. It's cruising speed would then be slower, thus explaining why many Pokemon, like Ninjask, are faster than it.

If you believe the 'Dex, Golurk can fly at Mach speeds. The big guy can probably hit around Mach 2--which is a bit weird, when you think about it. (Slow on the ground, speedy as heck in the air. Kinda weird if you ask me.)

Well, he doesn't run using his flaming ass, does he? :p

Maybe in the pokemon world miles are shorter? Because a kid can walk from one side of it to another fairly quickly.

Then in the anime, that guy riding on a Golurk should've died if they could hit over that much speed ;_;

Then in the anime, that guy riding on a Golurk should've died if they could hit over that much speed ;_;

I'm not sure the people from the games have any contact with the anime people, and vice-versa. :sweatlol:

I don't think the speed stats are a representation of a Pokemon's top speeds under ideal conditions, but factor in acceleration, maneuverability and agility as relevant to combat situations. For example, it's possible that Pidgeot can reach Mach 2 speeds, but not while confined to a battling arena.

:lol:

Either that, or his big round chest makes him more aerodynamic in the air than on the ground. (Oh man, I still can't stop laughing at this...!)

I'm pretty sure that most of the Dex's entries about the speeds of Pokemon are way, way, way over-exaggerated. And how on earth do can you control yourself when you are at Mach speeds? I'm pretty sure no Pokemon can reach a speed faster than 300 MPH.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom