• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How fast do you plan on beating XY?

TheRealJDawgz

Boosting Speed
Reaction score
I'm curious to see, because I see on this forum and on other places that people plan on spending the whole day/spending an all-nighter beating a newly released game. The thing is, I'm against beating a game in a single or a few sessions, because I'll always remember it as "That time when I beat this game in a day." My general rule for playing a game nowadays is that I play a game until I think I've had enough for one day (which would be about one gym for Pokemon), so I won't spoil it or get bored of it quicker. Doing it this way allows me to take my time and fully appreciate the games. Also, I'll be getting Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends to preoccupy me too, so I won't have to think about Pokemon each day.

After I beat the E4 though, it's free game.

It all depends on how often I play it. I've beaten previous games in about a month, even playing them every day. I'm not one to rush, and I spend a lot of my time in game either playing with other features or training/catching Pokemon

Im probably not going to speed through the game. I want to try and play slowly and enjoy it. See all the graphics, catch all the Pokemon and train them all up. I also see myself getting sidetracked by things like Pokemon-amie, which might make me playing through the main story slower, but that's not a bad thing, I sort of want to do this.

Since I'm getting this game in the middle of the year, as opposed to Christmas or some other break, I probably won't beat it within the usual average of 3 days. It'll just really depend on how much free time I get to play it.

I also want to take my time in this one; I wanna get the full feel of the games. With other games, I generally know what to do and expect by the time I get them. This time, I gotta do everything on my own.

I want to see all that's available. So as usual, I'll try to go through the game as fast as possible; One or two days beating the Gyms, 3 for grinding, and the final day for beating the rest of the gave. I can really savor XY on my future playthroughs, when I know what's worth looking into and investing time in.

Who knows? First of all, I'll be getting the games in the middle of the school year, so I'll probably only get to play it on Fridays. Second, I'll probably be slowed down by Pokémon-amie, customization, and other things I might plan on doing. Lastly, I won't know everything about the games before playing it and surely won't have the time to read in-depth tips from internet sites. (Not that this is a problem. I actually don't want to be that spoiled on this one). In fact, the guidebook is probably the only thing that I'll use to guide me through the games at all.

So it could possibly take me a few months on this one depending on my schedule.

I think I'm going to take my time with this one. With such a large selection of Pokemon to choose from and so many appealing new ones, I might end up with a larger team that I rotate, so keeping them all caught up will slow me down as well.

I never race through the games really, I normally take my time to catch plenty of Pokemon so I don't have a massive job ahead of me when I want to do the Pokedex, so I don't think this time will be any different. It normally takes me about four days to a week to finish which is fine with me.

I don't know when I'm getting the game actually because in my country we don't get the games in the exact release date. Probably 4 or 5 days after the release date. I will try to play this game as slowly as possible. I will try and take my time on this game lol because I tend to beat the games fast. I will not rush myself and I will probably spend a lot of time on customization/ pokemon amie and catching plenty of new pokemon. Also, I'm planning on transferring all of my pokemon from previous games into XY through pokemon bank so, it will take me a lot of time to beat the game. Also, I'm planning not to look into information or help from the internet. For example, the full pokedex, gym leaders etc... because I want to enjoy the new experience all by myself. :bounce:

Well, I don't have very much free time due to school extracurricular practices almost every day, choir performances, along with multiple hours of homework every week. But XY will be my main usage of free time. I'm not gonna rush it, but I'm not gonna try to go really slow either. Whatever feels best. Depending on the length, it may take me around a month or so, maybe longer like 2 months.

I'm definitely going to take my time - I always enjoy making my first Pokemon playthroughs go for as long as possible. I also want to catch everything I see, super train all the Pokemon in my main team, and see everything there is to see.

i will take my take. do my typical 'catchemall' thing, give most (if not all) the new pokemon a try in battle. ive surprised myself with pokemon i wind up liking by doing this (seedot in my first ruby game was a glaring example that i will remember, i <3 shiftry but seedot was terrrrrrible)

first time through i also have a habit of exploring everywhere and talking to everyone (completist whore that i am) to look for easter eggs or people handing out items, etc.

I won't be in a rush as such, but I will want to complete the story rather quickly so I can look online and not be spoiled like I was with B2W2.

Knowing everything about the story before I even got a hold of the game put me off completing it a bit, I think.

I'll take my time with it, but I'll definitely play it whenever I have free time. I'm buying the game on the eShop when it first comes out, but I don't think I'll be able to stay up all night. I can barely stay up until midnight, so I may only play for an hour or so before I go to sleep and play the next day.

I generally take my time with new games, usually shutting myself up in my room with my headphones n and the volume all the way up. This will be no exception.

I can never speedrun Pokémon games because I like to take my time grinding and slowly going through each town. I usually play my games in the evening as something to help me fall asleep. (all that concentration on a video game for a couple hours gets me tired faster than reading websites)

It took me a month to beat Black 2's main story (I actually spent a full day with no classes playing through the story climax and beat the E4 and Champion while riding out Hurricane Sandy)

I plan to explore every feature the game has to offer - talk to everyone, use every facility, visit every room, and check out every item. It's going to take a few weeks at its fastest.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom