• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How fast do you plan on beating XY?

At my own pace. I don't like to speedrun in Pokemon games, I prefer to take my time with them. Might be even slower at it than previous Gens, since there will be a lot less info to work with from the start.

I generally play on the slower side. I like to play the game once and make it count. It usually takes me about a month to a month and a half to beat the story, but I tend to play for much longer. hahahahaha

I won't be able to control myself. I'll probably see the credits no later than October 22.

Eh, I think I'm gonna take my time. I don't usually try to rush games, but my natural pace is rather fast. Usually when I first play a game, I take my time. But my second or third playthrough, I usually go really fast. This time though, I really want to take in all the new features, sights, and Pokémon.

I plan on taking my sweet time, but considering I'll probably be playing it for the first two weeks straight, non-stop as much as I can, once I get it, I don't actually expect it to take long. And then After that there's the competitive team to assemble. O_O

Catch the Pokemon I want, beat the gym leaders, do whatever else the story forces me to do as usual. Probably about a week given it'll take a while to determine which Pokemon I want, and how I usually end up resetting my game over and over and over again.

I'm not going to rush through it. I want to take my time in seeing the new world, new Pokemon and all the new mechanics the game has brought. Like others have said, this is the first time in a long time we are going in not knowing much at all so I don't want to just rush through it all.

I will probably have the game beaten by the 13th or 14th, since I can't help but always try to beat new games as fast as I can. I am a very anxious person and I will want to know the Pokémon find late in the game, the late Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, the Champion and the story conclusion as soon as I start playing. Also, I will have plenty of time to replay it again, again and again and believe me, I certainly will, so I don't see the problem in doing a faster first playthrough.

Not fast. I'm just usually too busy these days to play as much as I would like to. Plus I like to savor things since I don't replay games very often.

I'll be getting one game first, do one speed run for the storyline with my least liked starter, once finished, put them to Pokemon Bank, then run the game again this time slower with the other starters using different teams, and see how this will turn out.

Going to go 3-5 days for Y

I can do X slower though and take things in.

I play it as well a gym a day aproximately. Depends how much stuff you have to do between gyms and what amount of time I have that day to play it. But the main game gyms and E4 I finish in about 2weeks.

Probably slowly, as I don't think we'll see Pokemon Bank being released on the same day that X and Y are.

In Black 2, I did a speedrun of the first Gym; I can barely remember beating it. I went through everything as quickly as possible so I could trade and I didn't find that terribly fun. Once I got the C Gear and could trade, I slowed down and enjoyed everything. Since I won't have to deal with that on X, I plan on playing through slowly and enjoying it. In fact, having the next Gym or some EV training waiting for me when I get home after work will make my days a bit more bearable.

So yeah, I'll be a bit of a Slowpoke in that regard.

Beating is such a incorrect term.

The Elite 4 are not the end of the game for me. Usually the point when I say 'well that is pretty much everything done' is about 300hours after the elite four.

I'm definitely going to take my time. While it's tempting to just play through the games as fast as I can, I want to just go at my own pace and take it all in. After being so excited for the games, I want to just spend time exploring the region, checking out all of the features and training my Pokemon.

Just for the record, can someone clarify what "taking my time" actually means? Does it mean walking into a new route, putting the 3DS on a table, taking a seat and staring at the screen for two hours? I just don't get it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom