• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How fast do you plan on beating XY?

I will probably complete it in a few days, like usual. When Black and White were released, I said to myself: I'm going to take it easy this time. Yet I completed it in like 3/4 days. Quite sad, I want to enjoy the story as long as possible, yet I can't get myself to play slow because the story sucks me up and before I know it I've played half of the game already.

Well, I could try to take it easy this time again.

Judging from previous games, it will probably take me about thirty hours to beat the Elite Four so I'm guessing that will be around a week's time.

I hope the game won't let me beat it too fast! Back in B&W times, I had to put on myself a restriction of beating only one Leader a day...

Again, I'm planning to play the game slowly and thoroughly as possible. I'm probably going to have to avoid bulbapedia and the forums for a while until I'm done.

In the past, I've been limited in time for playing games because of school, work ect and which would stretch out how long it would take me to beat the games. Since the beginning of "Generation 5", I've graduated from college and got a good high paying job. So this time around... I'll be receiving 3 weeks of paid vacation which starts on October 11th. I've been eagerly anticipating Pokemon X and Y since they were announced in January... I'm not sure If I'll be able to hold myself back. We'll see how October 12th goes down... I don't think I'll be able to put my 3ds down. I'm going to explore every nook and cranny of that game and get the most out of it though. I will savor each moment, definitely won't rush through it.

I'm not one to rush any new games, really. If I'm enjoying the game, I'll take my time, exploring the whole world and seeing what sort of secrets I can find before moving on to actually complete the game. I do tend to go faster than I try, if the game has a good story, cause I'm just so excited to see what is going to happen next. Not sure what to expect from X and Y storywise, though, but I'm hoping it's good. :3

Generally, though, I expect to take a long while to beat the game. I want this game to last a while, and I intend to catch as many Pokemon as I can before I finish. Chances are I will spend every minute I am home playing my Pokemon X though. :3

I already arranged with work to get the day off, so i can really dive into the game and get a lot of stuff done on my first day. I expect my team to be somewhere around it's 30's after the first day.

I like being the first out of my friends to complete the main story and get the national dex. So after maybe 3 days I'm going to try and go back and get all the information I missed. I wish it wasn't such a race but one of my friends is my main rival. Ever since 4th gen I need to do it first.

not very fast since i still have school to worry about, and as sad as it is, school comes first
but if i could i would play pokemon y all day every day, once i get it.

I´m gonna take my time. I don´t see any point in hurrying when playing an rpg. even the concept of hurrying sounds awful and I hate when I have to hurry.

I will be taking my time. To be honest I don't think you can play this game without being thorough and taking your time. This is the most realistic pokemon game to date being you can feed your pokemon, train them and play with them. Not to mention the new pokemon, new abilities, moves, and battles....if you rush though it i believe you'd just cheap'n the experience for yourself. So I'm definitely gonna take my time and enjoy this game and all it has to offer.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom