• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

How greedy is this game?

SkyeMcFlye

Mama Lion.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey guys,

I was thinking of picking up Masters EX again because I haven't played in years. Is the game still as greedy as it was at launch? I know there's always gonna be some level of paywall to gacha games but still.

Thanks!

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Not that much from what I played. Got a lot of characters without spending a single cent.

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The Subreddit does a monthly gem calculation, and if I remember correctly, the total number of gems that can be obtained each month ranges from 20k to 30k, though 30k is often just for anniversaries or celebrations. Still, that's around 70 pulls per month at worst, and if you save up for units you really want you should be fine.