• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How have your relationships ended?

Reaction score
I just wanted to know, since I received a TEXT MESSAGE this morning saying "sorry, this isn't working. It's over" and that's it. No replies to my messages, no pick ups on my calls, nothing.

So what's happened to you guys?

My soon-to-be online girlfriend told me the bad news about her parents taking away her internet, so we said our goodbyes, and I never saw her online again.

My first-ish relationship was in 2nd grade (hush! I was 7.) and it ended cause he moved away.

My second (aka first real relationship) ended because we had grown apart, and I was horribly suspicious that he was cheating on me. I had told him to find some friends, because he'd spend every waking moment of every day talking to me, so he found companionship with a huge group of girls who all wanted his dick. I knew he had kissed a few of them, and they'd always show up at his house at odd hours of the night looking for him, so I told him it was over. I haven't spoken to him since. I have heard he thought I was a bitch. Kind of ironic. Girl gets cheated on and somehow she's the bitch. Hahahaha.

My third (aka second) relationship ended with me wanting to simply be friends. He had some anger issues, and was the type who treated me like his mom more than a girlfriend, but at the same time had a burning desire to have sex. I had grown tired of his advances since I wasn't ready for such a thing, and had grown tired of always fighting him because of it. So I felt if we'd simply be friends, it'd be better, but he refused, and he spread some rumors around our friends which caused some of them to abandon me. Eventually some listened and I set things straight with them. I haven't spoken to my ex since. I had heard he wanted to apologize to me, but that was about two years ago, and he's never made any form of contact with me.

Currently on my fourth (aka third) relationship. It's going very well and neither of us have any plans to end it. :embarass:

We hadn't seen each other for a week, until finally we were going to watch a movie. She was in a sort of political student assembly and she got late. When she arrived, it was too late to go to the cinema, so she told me she wanted to talk about something. "This is not going anywhere" and crap, crap, blahblabh. The "nice" part is that she didn't come with the "we can still be friends" part, instead she said it would be weird for a while. Ten months later, it's still weird, to be honest.

I always tend to think that I've only ever had 1 girlfriend, my current but before her I was involved with another girl. We were really only together because we were lonely, we didn't match each other well. She broke up with me one day and I wasn't even sad. I can barely remember her now, I mean no resentment to her but nowadays I don't even consider a girlfriend. She was just a partner for a short time.

My first girlfriend broke up with me over text. My grandpa had just died, and I wasn't texting her as much or being extremely loving or anything. She texted me and said I wasn't "emotionally capable" of keeping up the relationship, even though she knew my grandpa died. Honestly, I was happy because I was gonna break up with her, so it all worked out in the end XD

My first boyfriend was a complete and utter manwhore and control freak. We got into an argument over one of my other close male friends (if you can work out who these two are, I'll give you a cookie) because he thought we were too "close". I got annoyed by that, and we just kept fighting until he finally left. I'm glad.

My second boyfriend wasn't really even a proper boyfriend. Every time I saw him, he'd ask for me to "come over his house" or "kiss him". To be honest, I was still a kid. That freaked me out a lot. Then, after not seeing him for a week, I found out he'd been cheating on me. Lovely.

My third boyfriend was a complete dick. He broke up with me over text.

I recently broke up with my boyfriend after I caught him e-cheating. But we're still friends, and he's a pretty good guy despite the incident.

The relationship before that fell apart because the girl felt that I wasn't emotionally there for her. Again, we're still friends.

1st bf- dumped me because he was "secretly" gay.
2nd bf- I dumped because he became a sociopath and threatened to bring harm to me and my family because things didn't go his way.
3rd bf- Dumped me because he just didn't feel that way for me.

My last two exes that I broke up with were due to personal reasons that I shan't be explaining here.

My first wasn't my bf per say but some guy I hung out with a lot on a Online Game I used to play. And I did treat him as a bf after sometime we just never made it official. Though looking back at that.....I'm glad. Because he was kind of over protective, wouldn't let me do things on my own, because he had to be my "knight" all the time. So basically spent my time playing just sitting there doing nothing but talk to him. My chats with him....well they were too much for me, and I say beyond perverted really cause I was just downright uncomfortable. So in the end his overall perverted behavior scared me off and I stopped playing for 3 months. When I decided to play again I removed him from my friend's list and played until he found out I was playing again and used my friend to get to me. So when I gathered up the courage to talk I pretended I didn't remember who he was, and he ended up quitting that online game for good after that.

The second......was a cluster of issues that no sane person should ever be exposed to. ^^ But it ended because he was sickly and was going for a third surgery. And I waited for him. He said he would be back in a week but never contacted me. So I sent out a email every Sunday for 3 weeks. And on the 4th (I can't remember) week I found out he's been back, and emailed another of my friends. So I was pissed he made me wait all that time with no response and sent an email saying "Well since you won't say it I will! Let's break up, have a nice life and etc. Bye! :D" And no response was ever sent to that so I came to the conclusion he abandoned me.

And that's all. :p

I'm only on my third relationship (at 23, which surprises some people...), but my first two ended in entirely opposite ways:

My first relationship was a complete nightmare that permanently screwed me up. Not only did he prefer talking with young girls he'd search for on MySpace (this was a while ago, obvs :p), but he was insane. We finally stopped speaking after he drunk dialed me one night and said the most horrible things anyone's ever said to me. We never spoke again after that, and it was all for the best.

The second relationship was very meh. It lasted as long as it did (three years) because I was too lazy/emotionally exhausted from my previous relationship to look for anything better. We were more friends than anything -- most of our time was spent talking about basketball and watching Seinfeld. One day, my boyfriend realized this, too, and we broke up. All was well, for the most part.

My current boyfriend is amazing, and it has to be karma.

Never was in one but that is such a shitty way of ending a relationship. Face-to-face is the the way to go, but maybe not at your house in case they get mad.............and blow your house.

I was actually the one who initiated the break-up. I told the girl I was going out with that I'm not ready to date. She actually took it very well.

I try not to think about the relationships I've had in the past. A) It has not been my fortune for their ends to be anything other than great big nuclear bomb explosions and B) for myself, I find no point in rehashing what has already passed. My first one was...well, it was 8th grade. Those hardly ever end well.
My second was abusive. I ended that one online because I was cowardly and thought he'd hurt me or himself.
My third was gut wrenching, heart pounding love that I let fester and die. He broke it off face to face and left me hyperventilating and laying naked on the floor with just a kiss to my forehead.
My fourth turned into my husband, turned into my ex husband. The end of it was my doing. I knew that I shouldn't have married him but I did anyway - a result of #2's abuse and #3's post breakup collateral damage, I felt like he was the best I would ever get, and I cared about him and thought that was love. Yes, he's a good man, but we were always better as friends and it wasn't until I met #5 that I realized I never loved him, no, not the way I should. He still asks why and I tell him anything I can to avoid the simple truth. It would destroy him.
And my fifth...I haven't felt this way since #3. It's passion, love, trust, consideration, and we just...fit. And I can't regret any of the past relationships because without them, I wouldn't have met him. Hopefully #5 will be my last, because almost no breakup is easy. And the more invested you are, the harder the fall.

first bf: we just grew apart, really. i wasn't really into being with him forever. we dated school year 2006-2007 and the whole summer, we never visited or anything, barely kept in touch, and he was going away to college in the fall, so i emailed him. i haven't spoken to him in years but i am still friends with his sister :O

second bf: we were friends for a long time and eventually we started dating. i sort of knew he always liked me from the beginning. after a long time i started getting fed up with him for things like being controlling and freaking out about dumb things. we mutually agreed to break it off summer 2011 (but i started it). for this, we actually met in person (at McDonald's o_O) partly as well because we were giving each other back a shit ton of borrowed stuff :p i was also ssssssort of interested in somebody else when i was thinking about breaking it off anyway, so it kind of gave me a light, like "hey, i can do better than this jerk."
(fun fact: it seems that he walked off with my copy of Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland [GBA]. however, i got his copy of Final Fantasy 7 [PS1, green label] i think i got the better deal so i just bought a new copy of Kirby, he can keep it lol)

that somebody else i was interested in is now bf #3! we have dated a year and a half and he is great!

First and only boyfriend broke up with me over skype chat at the end of November. I told him to make a decision about us and he made it, after several weeks of not-really-dating-but-still-together stuff. We dated for over a year but we are still relatively friendly. I'm not sure what to think anymore so I'm just choosing not to think about it.

I went out with three guys, my first boyfriend was a nice caring boyfriend, we hung out a lot, he developed feelings for me because I told him I would never treat him the way his ex girlfriend did If I were his girlfriend because his ex was a mega b**ch. So he asked me out, I said yes, this might be a new experience for me to be in a relationship, but I didn't like him the way I thought, he was like a brother to me so I ended our relationship. We stayed friends though.

Second boyfriend was a liar and a cheating-dog, after we had been going out he said we hadn't talked much like for a month, so he went out with another girl behind my back, so I broke up with him. He told me he didn't have a girlfriend before he asked me out, but I told one of my guy-friends that, and my friend told me he had the same girlfriend since the 10th grade, and that girl wasn't me. (He asked me out in the 11th grade) Then he had the nerve to want to text me and get together at a park alone, so he could try to make a move. Never.

And the third boyfriend was just weird. He always got into fights, that was starting to irritate me. He always wanted to call me instead of talking to me in person. And was no gentleman at all. One day it rained at school, I forgot my jacket in the car, he met up with me, and he didn't even offer to comfort me, he just told me "You're the only girl at school with no jacket." and he laughed. So near the end of the school year, I ended that stupid relationship.

I'm still looking for that one guy who will make my heart skip a beat and make me feel warm and on fire and one I will share an actual love connection with.
Good luck to all you lovers out there.

I've ever only been in 1 relationship, and it ended badly.

I met this guy online, and he was nice & caring. We met 2 weeks after chatting online. I asked him to be my boyfriend after the 1st date. That was a huge mistake as for 5 months he'd want me to buy us hotel rooms every Friday (that's when we saw each other). What broke us up was when we got in a car accident. He was trying to teach me how to drive, and I backed his car into a CVS then hit another car, so with him not having a car things wouldn't work out, so I ended things. I will never drive again because of this.

1st: He was a total twit who had some kind of girl-hopping obsession. Once he was done with me, he got with another girl. Once he was done with her, back to me he came. Eventually, we had a massive fight over the fact I talked to one of his "enemies" (*snigger*), threatened to commit suicide if I left him, and I haven't seen him since. He's still alive though, don't panic.

2nd: Turned out to only be dating me because of my body. He kept asking me to do things I was far from comfortable with, so eventually I just broke up with him. After that, he kept following me around and telling me he needed me, but me and a few of my closest friends managed to get that sorted out.

3rd: He asked me out and I said yes, simply because I thought he was cute and sweet. The thing is, he turned out to be a little /too/ sweet. He followed me everywhere, to every lesson, bothered me when I was with my friends, and refused to get involved with any of our fun. My friends were starting to get annoyed with him, and honestly, so was I. We broke up after a week.

4th: I'd had a crush on him for awhile, so he asked me out after my friend told him. He seemed okay for the first few days, when were on the school holidays, but once it started again, he would ignore me in school and keep flirting with other girls. This just started getting on my nerves, and apparently me telling him this did the same, so he broke up with me.

5th: We'd been having some trouble with eachother for awhile, our opinions and views on the world were just too different for us to get along well. We're still friends, though.

My relationships have usually always ended on a good note. No screaming, no crying. We mutually understood that things weren't going to work out and that's how I want it to be when my relationships end. Not something dramatic or theatrical, it's not me. Things digress and I believe that both people should have the understanding that there's no point in fighting for something that's not there or force their love on the other person.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom