• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How I envision a Legends game set in Unova

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I thought of how I would imagine a Unova Legends game, it would be a heavily-medieval themed game to match Unova's history.

At the beginning of the game, there is a dream-like sequence, where you only see two yellow eyes staring back at you, and a mysterious voice talking to you. It asks about basic things like your name and what you look like. After deciding both, the voice then says that it needs your help to avoid history from repeating itself, then the dream ends and you wake up.

A professor tells of a war between two brothers, one that could've been simply avoided if they had listened to their often-forgotten middle sibling. The consequences were divided Unova to the point where villages and towns ceased to trust one another and the Original Dragon, a Pokemon that stood for unity, was split apart. As for your origins, you were formerly a royal, who was outcasted for an unknown reason. Now you live amongst the common folk, your current job is in a trading post and you are promoted to a position in which you get the trade going between settlements. Before you get to go out, you have to choose between three starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur whose final evolution has a bullfrog design with a spiky flower at the top, Fennekin whose final evolution has an evil witch motif, or Sobble whose final evolution has a water musket. After choosing one of them, you will head out of the town, which is called Castellia Town to other settlements. Castellia Town is located at the very center of Unova, making it so you can choose where you want to head out to first (with off course, the main quest giving you some sort of lead on where to go next).

In some parts of the overworld, you will see the remnants of the war mentioned at the beginning, like broken arrows, rusted swords, forgotten shields, and charred pieces of wood. These parts of the overworld are where Ghost-type Pokemon will spawn in great numbers. Once you get to a certain point in the main quest, you will eventually meet the two brothers separately, they happen to have the same skin tone as your character. They will tell you how they regret the war happening in the first place and will give you some helpful items before moving on. Then the same mysterious voice from the beginning of the game sounds in your mind again, telling you that you shouldn't entirely trust the two brothers and that you will find out when the right time comes. You will meet with the two brothers more than once in the main quest, each wanting to reunite Unova their own way: Truths or Ideals. Along the way, you will get to see their families, who wish that the two brothers wouldn't try to fix Unova with their bias. This is when you find out that the sibling in which the two brothers outcasted was in fact, you. They didn't want any compromise, which is the reason why.

The two brothers managed to reunite half of Unova each (except for Castellia Town, which didn't take a side), creating West Unova and East Unova. While they tell you that they're satisfied, the mysterious voice tells you that they lied and want all of Unova reunited in their own way. The risk of another war is more apparent, with the confrontation taking place at Dragonspiral Tower (which is in Icirrus Village), you climb the tower where you will see the two brothers who also have legendary Pokemon on their respective sides: Reshiram and Zekrom. This is where you will attempt to defeat them, leading to a three-way battle. The two brothers prove to be too strong, that is until, a third legendary Pokemon, Kyurem shows up to help you. Kyurem reveals that it was the one who spoke to you and that it intends to help you defeat Reshiram and Zekrom in order to stop history from repeating itself. You are able to defeat the brothers and their legendaries with Kyurem's help, but the two legendaries are not done with their battle yet. This is when Kyurem breaks the ice on its "wings", where it uses its spikes to absorb Reshiram or Zekrom (depending on which one was defeated first), then you battle the remaining legendary Pokemon, who is furious at the thought of failing the brother it followed. After the Pokemon's defeat, Kyurem uses the spikes on its shoulders to absorb the remaining Pokemon, becoming the Original Dragon that it once was (still having the name Kyurem). Kyurem then thanks you for your help and that it wants to meet you again before flying off.

In the post-game, Kyurem tells you (in your mind) that it wants to test your ability as a royal, in your dream, you witness Kyurem splitting again, it will be waiting for you in the Giant Chasm before it gives you further instructions. Once you make it to the Giant Chasm, Kyurem will want to battle you. This is when you will finally catch Kyurem, which after doing so, it will instruct you to seek the Light Stone and the Dark Stone. They will be in the possession of the two brothers, which want to see Kyurem for themselves before they give the stones to you. This means a battle against them with just Kyurem in your party. After defeating the two brothers, they will give you the stones, with each also giving you an item called the DNA Splicers (after obtaining the Light or Dark Stone first) and a second fusion item (after obtaining the Dark or Light Stone second), respectively. You then ascend the Dragonspiral Tower again, this time, you will get to choose either the Light Stone (Reshiram) or the Dark Stone (Zekrom) to be activated first. After choosing, the stone will then transform into the dragon it was, and a battle to catch said dragon now begins. After catching it, you will be able to heal up your Pokemon before the second battle, where you will catch the second dragon. Kyurem congratulates you after you catch the second dragon, with one final task to finish the main quest: fusing the dragons back together. Upon doing that, the main quest involving Kyurem is done. This unlocks a sidequest involving the Swords of Justice, where you will get to battle and catch them and three other sidequests involving Victini, Meloetta, and an ancient Genesect.

Whoa :O Nice
Aw man, I had a similar idea (maybe not similar and it doesn’t have many ideas yet as I’ve given up on it at one point) lol
I did not except Bulbasaur, Fennekin and Sobble to be the starters, great choices (I saw a similar idea where someone made Fennekin’s final form a witch)
I skimmed through the idea, so I probs missed something but does the original dragon have a name?
(Edit: Here’s my idea: What are your ideas if you had to make a Legends game? I didn’t know if I should link this or not, but I swear I’m not trying to advertise)
(Edit 2: I guess it keeps its original name even as the original dragon. That sounds cool!)

Last edited:
Whoa :O Nice
Aw man, I had a similar idea (maybe not similar and it doesn’t have many ideas yet as I’ve given up on it at one point) lol
I did not except Bulbasaur, Fennekin and Sobble to be the starters, great choices (I saw a similar idea where someone made Fennekin’s final form a witch)
I skimmed through the idea, so I probs missed something but does the original dragon have a name?
The Original Dragon's name is Kyurem, much like how despite fusing with Reshiram or Zekrom, the Pokemon is still called Kyurem and not a combination of the names.

The Original Dragon's name is Kyurem, much like how despite fusing with Reshiram or Zekrom, the Pokemon is still called Kyurem and not a combination of the names.
I realized that a short while ago lol
You should really get a job at TPC/Game Freak and show them your idea, bet they’ll turn it into a real game in no time, I’d buy it

My idea would focus on Genesect: Set in the 80s, you're one of the scientists working on Genesect, trying to continue work on it while also turning it against Team Plasma, making it a force for good or at least neutral rather than evil.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom