• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation How I Would Design Legends: Rayquaza

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Master Trainer
Reaction score
I’m super hyped for Legends: Arceus as is but I’m just as hyped at the prospect of other games that could be made in the “Legends” style, I think an obvious region with a lot of lore to tackle is Hoenn. You have the weather trio lore as well as the sealing of the Regi trio to explore.

I’d set the game to 1,000 years before ORAS, which was a time in which a meteor struck Hoenn and created the area that would become Sootopolis City, which led to the famous battle between Groudon and Kyogre, before the Draconids convinced Rayquaza to stop the fight.

In this game I would actually make the player a young Draconid and give them the option of Charmander, Totodile, or Treecko for starters. All three of them learn several Dragon-type moves, Charizard and Sceptile literally mega evolve into Dragon-types and Feraligatr is obviously based on an alligator which itself is often associated with dragons. To go a step further with the starters, since you come from an ancient Dragon taming clan, I’d give each starter a Dragon-type egg move at the start of the game to mix things up a little.

Treecko would get Dragon Breath as that is the only Dragon-type egg move available but it’s a fitting early game Dragon-type attack that pairs well with the Treecko line’s respectable Special Attack.

EDIT: If we want to avoid using Treecko since it is a Hoenn native Pokémon, a Snivy with Twister for its egg move would also work.

Charmander would get Dragon Tail, the only other option is Dragon Rush which is a tad too powerful for early game, Dragon Tail matches the 60 Base Power of Treecko’s Dragon Breath as well.

Totodile’s only option at least as recent as Gen 7 (since Totodile is unobtainable in Gen 8) is Dragon Dance, so something a little different as Totodile gets a status move vs. an attacking move, which I think is fine.

As far as the story is concerned, it wouldn’t necessarily involve completing the first Hoenn Pokédex although that could be part of it, but it would mainly center around saving the Hoenn region. The game would open up with you gazing up at the sky as you watch the meteor that creates Sootopolis City crash down on the other side of the region. The next morning, you and the Draconids begin to notice disturbances among Pokémon and nature itself, with random harsh weather flashes. You’d have to traverse across the Hoenn region while investigating disturbances along the way until you eventually make it to the point where you summon Rayquaza and it takes on the first Mega Evolution ever to stop the battle between Groudon and Kyogre that is causing the natural disasters.

I’m no storywriter so I’ll leave it at that, other aspects I’d love to have focus on would be the Draconids themselves and what kind of people they were and how they lived. I’d also love emphasis on Dragon Pokémon specifically like how I kept the starters in theme, perhaps along the journey you befriend Dragon-types like a Bagon, Altaria, and Flygon, eventually culminating in you meeting Rayquaza for the climax of the story.

A side quest involving the sealing of the Regi trio, that perhaps could tie into mentions of the Regis, and Regigigas specifically, in Legends: Arceus. A better explanation of what role Regieleki and Regidraco play in the lore of the Regis would be nice. I think it would also be possible to tie Jirachi into the main story, as the history states that the Draconids “made a wish” to Rayquaza to Mega Evolve and stop the fighting, so maybe Jirachi ties into this wish and assists the Draconids in their quest. A postgame story where a Deoxys born out of a stray meteorite and must be fought alongside Rayquaza would be super cool too.

That’s about all I got, I have similar ideas on theoretical Legends: Ho-Oh or Legends: Original Dragon games. If you anyone has any good ideas for games like this I’d love to hear them.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom