• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

How is Pocket Monsters?

Reaction score
I'm planning on importing every volume.

I'm not very familiar with the style. I've read very few slapstick manga, and even among the ones I've read this one has an odd style.

It seems to have changed from "Mind Screw Weird" to "Wacky" over the years though.

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
From what I have seen, the Clefairy is the comedy every now and then. Also, what out for a certain point in volume one. It can be disturbing, depending on who you are I suppose.

Reaction score
Also, what out for a certain point in volume one. It can be disturbing, depending on who you are I suppose.
What, this?

It's a great series, the best Pokemon manga out there. Definitely worth getting.

Reaction score
Yea..

That manga.

Like I said, it's a mind screw.

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
You mean like this?

Oh Japan, you crack me up

edit: in the spirit of being a generally family-friendly forum, the images in this post have been removed. ~evkl

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's surprising this is actually Pokemon related and licensed.

..Wait, what the heck is with the Red one?

IMG

i'm glasses
Reaction score
You mean like this?

Silly Japanese people.

I'm not famillar with this style, but if I knew what they were saying I'ed probally be laughing. :U

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
It's surprising this is actually Pokemon related and licensed.

..Wait, what the heck is with the Red one?
He thinks Red has a Masterball and he wants it

Or so I've heard..

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
You mean like this?

*Removed*

Yes, those are the images I was referring to. I can see all the people that popped up in the thread

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I really like the series. It's different from every other take on the franchise, which is refreshing, and can actually be genuinely funny from time to time. I wish more people would give it a chance instead of dismissing it for having "ugly art" or whatever.

Reaction score
I find the artwork pretty cute. It's been the closest design to the games, ever since Hoenn.

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
I find the artwork pretty cute. It's been the closest design to the games, ever since Hoenn.
I doubt that

Yep, definitely doubting it

But the art has improved over the years

and most Pokemon don't look as freaky as they did anymore

Reaction score
That does look like Clefairy in the games sort of..

But that's just that particular Clefairy. He's an odd one; He wouldn't work with a normal style.

Look at Pikachu; He looks normal.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The thing you have to remember about this series is that it's not trying to adhere to the games or be in any way faithful to the source material. And that's OK.

As long as you approach the series with an open mind, you should find something to like.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that image, personally.

Reaction score
The thing you have to remember about this series is that it's not trying to adhere to the games or be in any way faithful to the source material. And that's OK
It's hard to take this series as trying to be faithful. So that's an easy thing to do.

A black and white world
Reaction score
That image is no more off model than the Clefairy from Magical Pokemon Journey. At least this one has *legs*. MPJ Clefairy was mostly drawn looking like a bag with Clefairy features.