• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How is Pocket Monsters?

Somari

Reaction score
I'm planning on importing every volume.

I'm not very familiar with the style. I've read very few slapstick manga, and even among the ones I've read this one has an odd style.

It seems to have changed from "Mind Screw Weird" to "Wacky" over the years though.

Last edited:
From what I have seen, the Clefairy is the comedy every now and then. Also, what out for a certain point in volume one. It can be disturbing, depending on who you are I suppose.

Also, what out for a certain point in volume one. It can be disturbing, depending on who you are I suppose.

What, this?
pikapoo.png

It's a great series, the best Pokemon manga out there. Definitely worth getting.

It's surprising this is actually Pokemon related and licensed.

..Wait, what the heck is with the Red one?

You mean like this?

Oh Japan, you crack me up

Silly Japanese people.

I'm not famillar with this style, but if I knew what they were saying I'ed probally be laughing. :U

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean like this?

*Removed*

Oh Japan, you crack me up

Yes, those are the images I was referring to. I can see all the people that popped up in the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the series. It's different from every other take on the franchise, which is refreshing, and can actually be genuinely funny from time to time. I wish more people would give it a chance instead of dismissing it for having "ugly art" or whatever.

I find the artwork pretty cute. It's been the closest design to the games, ever since Hoenn.

That does look like Clefairy in the games sort of..

But that's just that particular Clefairy. He's an odd one; He wouldn't work with a normal style.

Look at Pikachu; He looks normal.

The thing you have to remember about this series is that it's not trying to adhere to the games or be in any way faithful to the source material. And that's OK.

As long as you approach the series with an open mind, you should find something to like.

The thing you have to remember about this series is that it's not trying to adhere to the games or be in any way faithful to the source material. And that's OK

It's hard to take this series as trying to be faithful. So that's an easy thing to do.

That image is no more off model than the Clefairy from Magical Pokemon Journey. At least this one has *legs*. MPJ Clefairy was mostly drawn looking like a bag with Clefairy features.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom