• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How is Pocket Monsters?

Every Pokemon manga that isn't Special is good.

What.

Special isn't that amazing. The only reason people like it is thus:

1) Tajiri-san says he likes it.
2) It becomes popular because he said so.
3) It keeps its popularity because 'everyone' in the fandom seems to like it.
4) It starts to go downhill and become shameless promotion like the anime, but people ignore this.

All of the manga are good. Reading Pocket Monsters makes you feel like someone spiked your morning coffee/milk/tea, but in a funny sort of way.

What.

Special isn't that amazing. The only reason people like it is thus:

1) Tajiri-san says he likes it.
2) It becomes popular because he said so.
3) It keeps its popularity because 'everyone' in the fandom seems to like it.
4) It starts to go downhill and become shameless promotion like the anime, but people ignore this.

All of the manga are good. Reading Pocket Monsters makes you feel like someone spiked your morning coffee/milk/tea, but in a funny sort of way.

Are you blind?

First of all, I saud every manga that isn't Special is GOOD. Never once said that they're bad(or logically that Special is bad either. Well, RBGY-GSC anyway, the rest is meh.)

Second of all, I don't give a rat's ass if Satoshi Tajiri likes it or not. I like it, and that's all that matters.

Third of all, Special is probably popular because of it's availability, characterizations, art, concepts, and originality from the games. It's also a long running series so it attracts more fans.

Second of all, I don't give a rat's ass if Satoshi Tajiri likes it or not.
it's interesting to note (someone else brought this up a while back) that that Tajiri quote is from like 10 years ago... aka it was probs based on the RGB chapter. so for all we know he thinks it's taken a turn for the worse too :p

also you do make a good point for the availability of Adventures. Adventures is one of the few mangas currently available in both VIZ Media and Chuang Yi territory, also, it used to be available scanned online pretty readily until a couple months ago.

Not to mention that Serebii, one of the biggest fansites on the web since the beginning, only covered/covers Special.

Special is popular because it is highly available, a long runner, and because it feels like popular shonen manga.

Anyway, this isn't another "Why don't the other manga get any luv!?" thread.

been really wanting to get my hands on it. but gave up, so yeah i will never be able to read them :(

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom