• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Long Did It Take To Beat The Battle Frontier?

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
The only one I beat so far is the Castle, and even then it's just a Silver Commemorative Print. I'm trying my hand at the Tower, but Palmer is such a freakin' cheater with his Pokemon that SHOULD NOT be faster than mine. I usually mess up on the fourth set during my Battle Hall trials too. And the Battle Factory? My normal screw up record is the third set.

It'll take me a while (I think I want to use my sandstorm team to win). The only place I've managed to win in was the battle tower with my brother helping, and in the castle on my own.

It'll take me a while (I think I want to use my sandstorm team to win). The only place I've managed to win in was the battle tower with my brother helping, and in the castle on my own.

Be careful with specific teams... The trainers there - especially on the final sets - LOVE to throw curve balls that screw up your plans. I'm thinking of adding a Latios on my team to help sweep most of the Tower's trainers, and hopefully Palmer himself.

Best tip I learned after getting Soul Silver that helped me beat the game and survive the Battle Frontier: Make sure you're Pokemon are varied in their attacks. I'm learning bit by bit how useful actually having "competitive" types of Pokemon like Sweepers and such are.

Also, does anyone think that an EV-trained Starmie would do well in the Battle Arcade? It's Natural Cure ability always came to me as really helpful, especially when status effects are crucial in that facility. With Natural Cure, I wouldn't have to worry about any wrong choices on the Roulette.

That starmie would be a good idea. and for my battle fronteir, im not there, but im gonna try to stay up all night and get there. Then i will used an E-V trained pokemon at the Hall.

Haven't beaten everything. Gotta beat Battle Factory and Hall. Battle Hall is easy for Leafeon, as long as I don't go up against another Muk in the main event.
Battle Factory sucks, period. It was fun in Emerald, but boring as all hell in SoulSilver. Go figure.

I can almost reach 100 battles in the Battle Hall but the others I haven't played enough to even get the silver print, let alone the gold one. The Battle Hall's my favourite because of the amount of strategy involved with planning your move sets just right since even picking something you think you have an advantage against can kill you (never pick bug or ghost without something that can kill a shedinja).

I like the Battle Factory but there's something about fighting with pokemon that all have 0 ivs in everything that irritates me. The Battle Arcade and Castle can be fun but I can't seem to get into them and the Battle Hall is just too much like the rest of the game with smarter AI, at least it's better than the one in Crystal...

It took me a while to beat Palmer, but I finally did. And it was epic! I used the team gyarados, porygon-z and gallade, but all I had to use was gyarados and porgon-z. I guess I just got lucky. Oh and I beat the Battle Hall and got the silver print with my choice scarf gallade

I hate gentleman Joachim. His all legendary team always give me hard time to fight him. I dont know why, but I always meet him around 50-56th round in battle tower. Worse of all, his articuno loves to use sheer cold to 1HKO anything... I have fought him 4 times, each time 1 of his team would also hold a focus sash which really annoys me...

Alright! Silver Commemorative Print for the Battle Tower G E T ! ! Sad how I defeated Palmer's team with my Soul Dew Latios alone, wtf? Oh well, we all know it's not going to be that easy the second time >.>...

Time for some Battle Hall action. I absolutely refuse to the do the Factory next. Something about the Factory just makes me dislike it. It's not the fact that the Pokemon are random, it's the fact that they suck in stats.

Gots silver print for castle and tower with a team in this order-

-Latios: Dragon pulse, recover, psychic, luster purge-Choice specs
-Lucario: Close Combat, Ice punch, Extremespeed, swords dance
-Feraligatr: Waterfall, Ice fang, Crunch, SSOME OTHER MOVE

I consider Battle Frontier beaten when you have all Gold prints. Thus, in Pt, it's 365+ days and counting. I have only three Silver prints.

I have, though, a future team that should squeeze the crap out of the Tower easily. I should just EV train those Pokés. :p

I got the Battle Hall Gold with a Garchomp in Platinum. I want to do it with something different in Soul Silver, I got really far with a RestTalk Milotic. I've beaten the 1st Hall matron several times with several different Pokemon.

I'm working on Battle Tower... I have TERRIBLE luck in that place, I only beat Palmer's 2nd team once (and even then when I switched my Magnezone in on Cresselia, his Cresselia froze me for 8 turns with Ice Beam) and I lost a few battles after that (but it was because of a dumb move on my part :banghead:)

I haven't really tried the others. I messed around in Factory for a while, and got the 21st battle once, and lost.

Darach's critical-hitting Empoleon cheats so I can't possibly win

I'm still working on getting all the prints in the Frontier, but I'm mainly doing it for the BP so I'm in no hurry.

Well, the only print I have in Platinum is the Battle Hall. I was going for Colour but stupid hax stopped me. And I'm so close to getting the Battle Castle's print. Just more damn hax...

In HeartGold? Bupkis.

I have Gold print in the tower in SoulSilver and Platinum, as I did that 100 tower streak thing in Diamond. Uh... I have silver print in the factory, silver in the arcade, I think I have gold in the castle, and silver in the hall.

I haven't played on any of the main gen 4 games in like a month though.

I beat Thorton on my first run through the Battle Factory.

IT TOOK ME 5 DANG WEEKS!!!!! and what really mad me mad is that i 4got i had a ho-oh so i just used ho-oh and kicked the dragon guys butt (in heartgold)

IT TOOK ME 5 DANG WEEKS!!!!! and what really mad me mad is that i 4got i had a ho-oh so i just used ho-oh and kicked the dragon guys butt (in heartgold)

Dragon... guy? Lance? This is the Battle Frontier. Not the Elite 4.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom