• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How lucky are you at catching Shiny Pokémon?

poll

• 1 iv been playing for 5 year never had a shiny and all my pokemon suck

Votes: 20 13.7%

Votes: 33 22.6%

Votes: 17 11.6%

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • 5 im kinda in the middle have my far share of shinys and other lucky things

Votes: 30 20.5%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 7 4.8%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 10 haha i get 2 shinys each day all with great stats

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I'm about a 3 I've seen 2 shiny pokemon the first in silver I saw a shiny pidgey but killed it by accident, and in sapphire I caught a shiny Spinda.

-I caught both ho-oh and suicune on heart gold with less the 5 ultra balls.
- Also caught Rayquaza on Emerald with a primer ball.
- But lately I haven't been able to catch any legendary pokemon without them struggling and dying.

I've run into 2 shinies playing Emerald. One was a Trapinch and that baby became a Flygon and soon the headliner of my team.

I voted 7.

I

-ran into a shiny by tripping on a cable in Platinum
-won over 50 PP ups in the lottery in Platinum
-won about 14 exp shares in the lottery in Platinum
-won 2 Master Balls in Platinum
-caught Moltres with 2 balls
-caught Lugia with a Pokeball
-got Pokerus in Platinum
-got various legendaries/shinies off the GTS for random Pokemon

I'm about a 4. I have gotten quite a few shinies as of late as well as other lucky items.

I think I'm in the middle somewhere, have caught 5 so far in HG but a couple have gotten away from me too...so I would say not too bad but not fantastic either.

I've been playing since Pokemon Blue, and I've yet to even catch one shiny, sooo it's safe to say I suck at it.

i voted a 2, outside of LoR i've never caught or seen a shiny in the wild

although my very first shiny was a bulbasaur i got over the GTS a few months ago i was like AAAAARRRGGGHHHH

5. Back then, I was a little bastard who only wanted male pokemon(not anymore) and I came across two, TWO, shiny steelix. I didn't catch them, I just fled. :banghead:

The luckiest I've ever been is where I'd caught two shinies within the same hour, one being a naughty Psyduck with a perfect attack IV. =) Overall, I have a bunch of shinies to my name, but most of them were just traded for. I don't know how to RNG [yet] or chain, nor have I just randomly run into and caught that many since G/S/C came out.

Last edited:
Meh. I've ran into three legit shinies when I wasn't even looking for them, and I caught two of the three, so I guess that was kinda lucky. But I've never succeeded in finding shinies while chaining or soft resetting.

I have encountered and captured a shiny at least once in every game except for DPPt. In GSC, it was a shiny Delibird, and I got lucky. In RSE, it was a shiny Aron. In FRLG, it was a shiny Primeape.

I've now got a shiny in all Gen IV games except Diamond (And Pearl, but I don't own that), and that's not including Gyarados.

I dont call this lucky but when trying to hatch a shiny Chikorita with MM I hatched 2 in a row! Is that lucky or what? Only thing is I dont know what to do since I only wanted a shiny Chikorita for my Soulsilver game (they both dudes) maybe I can send him into Black/White if they're compatible with D/P/Pt + HG/SS

Also in Heartgold I SR'd over 400 times and got a shiny female Chikorita which I used to breed + hatch the 2 baby shiny Chikoritas

I don't go after shines but I did find a shiny Psyduck and a shiny Wingul just randomly while just going about my business.

While I do have quite a few shinies, I always catch them when I see them. However, it's not luck at 'catching' shinies for me, but rather finding them. XD

I chose 5 on the scale.

Umm, I guess a 3.
I'm pretty damn lucky at finding fossils on SS, and evolution stones on Platinum.

My only shiny I have is my gyrados, and everyone has that.

uhhh im def a 2. i caught my 2nd shiny EVER(not including the red gyarados that everybody has a chance to catch) just the other day on september 6th. i was goin back thru emerald and i was defensive EV training in petalburg woods and came across a shiny taillow. my first shiny was the moment got the gold version when it came out in 2000(i was 13). i turned it on, chose totodile and it was shiny. needless to say that was about 10 years ago and i dont have that totodile no more :-(

I have terrible luck at catching shinies. I've only caught two in my whole life, and I only remember one was a Venonat.

Considering I was unlucky enough to accidentally kill my first shiny, and have only captured another one in the 12 years I've played Pokemon games (though not exactly non-stop)... not very much so.

I'm surprisd nobody clicked 10 yet...sometimes I run out of poke balls when trying to catch a shiny,

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom