• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How many of you would buy Japanese DVDs of the Pokemon series if they were availiable

Would you buy Japanese DVDs of the Pokemon series?

• Yes

Votes: 44 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
Dude, I'd sooooo would get them if they were available! *__* I need my Rica Matsumoto (Satoshi)!

They are very expensive, so if they were cheaper I would. I would by the two movie DVD boxes, and hope that it's the original Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu that's never released on DVD before.

It's not. It's the version that has all the extra CGI added to it.

The original version of that movie was, to my knowledge, only released on VHS. There's also a Laserdisc release in Japan, but I'm not sure what version of the film is on that.

Ok, I thought it was since it said "Theatrical Edition" and the theatrical edition did not have CGI effects, did it? I guess I have to live with the flv format of the movie . . .

With or without subtitles, I don't care, I'd definitely buy the whole lot.

Would anyone know if an American can rent DVDs of the show? I heard that the episodes were availiable for rent. I know it sounds crazy, but I thought I should try.

Haven't you ever looked in the kids' section of your local rental store? Mine has always had a decent amount of Pokemon DVDs.

Haven't you ever looked in the kids' section of your local rental store? Mine has always had a decent amount of Pokemon DVDs.

Okay, I know you meant well, but I meant the Japanese episodes. I'm sorry Iwasn't clear. Would happen to know if I could rent Japanese episodes? I swear I heard that they were availiable for rent in Japan.

Agreed with like everyone, I'd buy them if they had subs. I buy enough anime as it is, another series in the mix wouldn't hurt.

Okay, I know you meant well, but I meant the Japanese episodes. I'm sorry Iwasn't clear. Would happen to know if I could rent Japanese episodes? I swear I heard that they were availiable for rent in Japan.

I don't see why you couldn't rent them...if you lived in Japan and had an account at the video store in question. I don't think you can rent from overseas.

Alternately, look for an import video store in your area and see if *they* have any.

hey, wait, i have a question. do they even have the option of watching Pokemon in Japanese on the DVDs like other anime does, usually? because by the sound of things, it's not possible.

Would with or without subtitles. But I wouldn't buy dubtitles at all.

Last edited:
There won't be any dvd's released by an American company containing just the raw japanese episodes. -_-

Most TV-Y7 DVDs only come w/ the English track because, y'know, kids don't like to read when they don't have to. (Not my opinion, but the popular one)

I'd buy what I could afford. Maybe focus on getting all the episodes from one region, or something like that.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom