• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Many Pokemon would you have/carry w/ you?

How many Pokemon would you want to own?

• Total voters

AuraSoul93

Future Frontier Brain
Reaction score
Pokemon, being the creatures they are (powerful, personality driven, cuddly, etc.), would be great to have in a world like the Pokemon anime. But how many Pokemon would you like to have/carry if you were there? The "rules" of the Pokemon world say you can only have 6 w/ you at a time, but I can't imagine having more than a few since you have to tend to every single one (3 meals a day, baths, interactions w/ each other & other people, etc.). I'd like to have a few at most but I can't give an exact number. So, what do you guys think?

Of course want more than 6. I'm too protective of my "belongings", so even if my pokes are safe in the PC, I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to sleep when someone might hack. I only have, like, 10 or so fav pokemon that I'd like to take around, so there.

I can only assume that you're arrested if the police ever catch you with more than 6 Pokemon without a permit so I'm good with 6

I usually take a long time to bond (be it to people or things) so I believe it would be natural for me to own few Pokémon. I always imagined I would have: an Emboar, Porkchop, my starter, bodyguard and huggable big guy; a Staraptor, Birch, my first chatch, mean of transportation and chillax buddy; an Empoleon, Pingo, my quiet protector; Samurott, Reishi, my philosophic shogun; a Zigzagoon, Sly, my fluffy mascot, who would be out of the Pokéball most of the time; finally, a Sableye, Grin, the mischievous comic relief!

And, that's 6! So, I would own AND carry 6 Pokémon with me.

I'd be happy with 6. They don't need a lot of looking after- food, excercise and cleaning up their "ca-ca". You don't have to bathe them. I mean you don't bathe your pets, well some people do but that's just weird in my opinion. Anyway, try bathing a geodude, it'd sink like a stone! Lol! Even worse if you gave a charmander a bath haha! But yeah 6 would be fine by me.

I would be happy with 6, but I'd definitely break the rules and have more if I could.. The more friends the better right? I mean of course you couldn't carry more than 6 while travelling around to gyms because of the whole thing where the pokeball won't open if you catch more than 6. but if I was just travelling for fun and I could have more I definitely would.

Actually, if Ash doesn't have Pikachu in the Pokeball, why can't he get around that rule? Unless he carries Pikachu's pokeball with him and it registers as occupied so when he has 5 more occupied pokeballs then it counts.. who knows..

I would probably have more than six, but I'd stick to carrying six at a time. I always imagined it as more of a "Gentleman's Honor" thing to only carry six in the wild, but I usually follow Gentleman's Honor.

I'd say consistently five to avoid complications and inconvenience upon catching a new one.

I'd want to own more than six, since there's loads I like. But I'd probably only carry a couple at a time. When they're in the PC they can look after themselves, amirite?

I would probably want to own more than 6 definitely. I would need more than six to switch parties for different battles and strategies.

Five. Thought about this for ages. I guess I could manage with a 6th, but no more. What a lot of people don't realize, is that you have to feed your Pokemon and take care of them like animals in our world. So for those of you who would take Snorlax, Dragonite, Salamence, and anything bigger than a Luxray, hope you have a lot of money. Although even with just a Snorlax (or Munchlax) you'd be running out of food all the time.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom