• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How many times have your Pokemon had Pokerus?

I think one or two times. The first time was in Ruby after I got to Fortree and then I noticed that Nurse Joy was talking to me more than usual.

Once... through a trade. I quickly rushed to the Pokemon Center, freaking out over it, and then I looked it up online. Thank you, Internet!

This might sound odd, but I've had it more than once in every game i've ever played o-o I was surprised when I read on forums that it was supposedly a rare thing. Maybe i'm just being dumb, or lucky? (Both? lol.)

None of my own Pokemon have been infected, nor have I caught one with the virus. All the infected ones I have are from trades and are in the PC, and I've never taken one of them out to spread the virus.

I've had it so many times I've lost track and I get it through Wonder Trade.

Never encountered it before. Only got it when someone sent it to me.

So far, 1 time in Black 2 I received a Pokerus Roserade from the GTS, and 4 Times on the GTS, The Main Spreader was an Azumarill from GTS that spreaded the Pokerus to my Volcarona

Zero. Unfortunately, I have never been lucky enough to catch it. Perhaps when I was younger and didn't know what the heck it was, but I don't remember ever having it.

Aside from trades, twice. My Swellow had it a long time ago, and I never realized it when it had it. I just remember that he had a frowny face on his stat screen, and I didn't find out what it meant until years later. I found it another time in my Black 2 play-through, and this time I thankfully used it to my advantage.

I remember when I first got in Pokémon Crystal. I was sooo scared because I didn't know anything about it then, and when one of the Center nurses told me that my Pokémon had Pokérus, I thought they were going to become weaker and/or die. (I was also like 11 when I played Crystal so yeah.)

I also got it in one of my Gen IV games (I forgot which one XD) and Pokémon X.

2 Hours into my first Black 2 playthrough I got it.
Should have worked on spreading it though.

Last edited:
Twice. Both of them from wild Pokémon. The first time was in Emerald several years ago with a Spinda I caught on Route 113. I really had no idea what it was at the time so I just boxed it. The second time was in X while I was hunting for a Shiny Mareep on Route 12. I don't know which wild Pokémon I caught it from though. It infected my Talonflame and both of my Cute Charm Skitty.

A load since I keep migrating pokemon with it up through the gens...

Through actually encountierng it myself, only ever got it from catching a Wingull, who instantly infected my team as I had yet to have 6 Pokemon. (emerald)

I got it on Sapphire after ending up with a Bad Egg from cheat coding. It spread to all of my pokemon, and then spread to both of my brothers' games as well. It's probably still going strong ten years later.

I've never gotten it on my own from battling wild Pokemon or anything, but I have a tonnnnn of Pokemon that I received in trades (especially Wonder Trade and the GTS!) that have it/had it. I try to spread it to other Pokemon I WT. I don't EV train, but I look at it as a nice surprise.

Twice in two different games. Freaked me out at first as I had never heard of it before then.

My friend gave it to me the frist time back when we were playing Gen II. He was afraid that his Pokemon were sick, so after I got one of his infected mons he put the rest in the PC and didn't use them again. I got it in Black version myself, but didn't realize that the Pokemon had it until they were cured :(

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom