How much do you pay attention to stats?

how much of a wiggle is a wiggle?
Reaction score
In-game? It's not uncommon for me to catch multiples of a Pokemon, compare their stats, and take whichever one is the best or most desirable. I won't even get into competitive play.

Dark Lord
Reaction score
I generally take note of the stats, mainly health, but I don't really do any EV training or things like that

Reaction score
Only when the stakes are high in the middle of a battle or to figure out good move pools.

Reaction score
They determine what Pokemon I use on my team most of the Pokemon I use on my team have 500 or above Base Stat or at least 490.

On hold, not abandoned
Reaction score
I like when natures fit to boost a Pokémon's better stats (Dragonite with ATK-boost nature, and so on), but it isn't necessary. And other than that I don't pay attention.

I don't think I've never gotten more than +5 to a stat in a level up ever.

Reaction score
Not at all, I probably would if seeing what the IV's were was possible without having to seek out something to tell me what they are, as for EV's i just sorta play the game so really dont pay attention

I want to rp!
Reaction score
I think that getting good stats are a part of the challenge in the game. I hate EV-training though; I wished they had come up with something better, that didn't force you to fight hundreds of weak and easily defeated Pokemon.

Raja of Pala
Reaction score
Well, back when I was a wee lad with Pokemon Blue, I didn't really even know what stats were, or what they were used for. So I just ignored them. However, when Generation 4 came out, I began to see the significance of what stats were and what they did. So now I pay heavy attention as to what my Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses are by use of stats :D

Seriously, I'm a guy.
Reaction score
Being mathematically minded, it irks me to no end if my Pokemon are lacking in essential IV or EV values. At least, it does if it's a Pokemon I plan on using. If it's a Pokemon I'm catching for Dex completion, I don't really sweat it too much since I'll wind up releasing it anyway.

Reaction score
During the story gameplay I don't really care. ('cause come on, B/W was so easy to beat anyway)

But competitive playing of course requires paying attention to the stats and my dream is to get a perfect Jolteon ahhh

☾ * ✫ * ✧
Reaction score
When it comes to my favorite pkmn I care about stats. If I'm going to keep them I feel I need to unlock their full potential (nature/ability/IV's/EV's).

robo laser rave party
Reaction score
I mostly just look at the Attack/Special Attack split. A special moveset on a Physical oriented Pokemon is pretty dumb.

Actually a Shaymin
Reaction score
Absolutely not at all. Anyway, EV training seems too complicated and confusing to try (even though I did try once, I gave up), so I don't really need to.