• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How much do you pay attention to stats?

In-game? It's not uncommon for me to catch multiples of a Pokemon, compare their stats, and take whichever one is the best or most desirable. I won't even get into competitive play.

Only when the stakes are high in the middle of a battle or to figure out good move pools.

They determine what Pokemon I use on my team most of the Pokemon I use on my team have 500 or above Base Stat or at least 490.

I like when natures fit to boost a Pokémon's better stats (Dragonite with ATK-boost nature, and so on), but it isn't necessary. And other than that I don't pay attention.

I don't think I've never gotten more than +5 to a stat in a level up ever.

Not at all, I probably would if seeing what the IV's were was possible without having to seek out something to tell me what they are, as for EV's i just sorta play the game so really dont pay attention

I think that getting good stats are a part of the challenge in the game. I hate EV-training though; I wished they had come up with something better, that didn't force you to fight hundreds of weak and easily defeated Pokemon.

Well, back when I was a wee lad with Pokemon Blue, I didn't really even know what stats were, or what they were used for. So I just ignored them. However, when Generation 4 came out, I began to see the significance of what stats were and what they did. So now I pay heavy attention as to what my Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses are by use of stats :D

Being mathematically minded, it irks me to no end if my Pokemon are lacking in essential IV or EV values. At least, it does if it's a Pokemon I plan on using. If it's a Pokemon I'm catching for Dex completion, I don't really sweat it too much since I'll wind up releasing it anyway.

During the story gameplay I don't really care. ('cause come on, B/W was so easy to beat anyway)

But competitive playing of course requires paying attention to the stats and my dream is to get a perfect Jolteon ahhh

When it comes to my favorite pkmn I care about stats. If I'm going to keep them I feel I need to unlock their full potential (nature/ability/IV's/EV's).

I mostly just look at the Attack/Special Attack split. A special moveset on a Physical oriented Pokemon is pretty dumb.

Absolutely not at all. Anyway, EV training seems too complicated and confusing to try (even though I did try once, I gave up), so I don't really need to.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom